Monster Hunter: World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Sick work man now that is what's up!!!

I am doing aerial great sword now.

IMG_20180813_174018.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if it's this thread or another but a lot of comments said this is just a random bug/issue with the game in general. Happens on consoles too, and not just on that boss, any boss. Your save can be wiped due to becoming corrupted if the game crashes at the end or start of a mission.

Yea I'm making a backup after every session, or trying to at least. Some pretty glaring bugs this port but its almost what you expect from Japanese ports. Luckily MH ranks in my top 5 franchises of all time so I can rose tint my way through this shit.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hunter Horn continues to be a lot of fun. Maybe it's a byproduct of being melee, but the charge attacks mobs do don't seem to happen that much when in melee range compared to Bow or HBG. Makes sense, I'm up close so they won't do it, but having fewer of those mechanics around has been just so nice. I've got bad luck, or just am a derp, but I'd always get rushed into a corner, and then couldn't recover and feint.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
That's the beauty of the insect glaive that I've especially enjoyed running solo, I can pole vault the fuck out of the way, dash in air above, and slam on top for a chance to mount. Playing with a buddy who runs HH is so nice - he basically tanks, heals, buffs, and does a shit ton of damage, which stacks quite well with my own insect buffs.

Am I crazy, or does the horn also have a buff on weapon sharpness? I dunno, just all around makes group play so much better.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's the beauty of the insect glaive that I've especially enjoyed running solo, I can pole vault the fuck out of the way, dash in air above, and slam on top for a chance to mount. Playing with a buddy who runs HH is so nice - he basically tanks, heals, buffs, and does a shit ton of damage, which stacks quite well with my own insect buffs.

Am I crazy, or does the horn also have a buff on weapon sharpness? I dunno, just all around makes group play so much better.
I for sure am not that guy yet, as I'm spamming my shit, but it's hit or miss whether I get songs playing or not. Looking forward to getting better and getting more combos under my belt.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Horns "self imprrovement" buff gives you minds eye (can never bounce with attacks).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I wrong in thinking that Crit Boost will NOT work on Elemental crits, but Crit Element will? So if I run a raw power build, I would want Crit Boost (+Crit Eye), but if I run the Crit Ele build, I would want Crit Ele (+Crit Eye)?

Does Minds Eye work vs. Elder auras (for bows)?

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Am I wrong in thinking that Crit Boost will NOT work on Elemental crits, but Crit Element will? So if I run a raw power build, I would want Crit Boost (+Crit Eye), but if I run the Crit Ele build, I would want Crit Ele (+Crit Eye)?

Does Minds Eye work vs. Elder auras (for bows)?
Critical Boost does not improve Elemental Damage, even with the 2pc Critical Element set bonus.

It's one of the only flaws in this game.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Monster Hunter_ World_20180813193438_.gif

Gotta start somewhere right? :)

Switched over hard to Aerial Greatsword Cloud Strife style and teaching myself it, I am pretty sure this is more entertaining to watch then my usual HBG yes?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Critical Boost does not improve Elemental Damage, even with the 2pc Critical Element set bonus.

It's one of the only flaws in this game.
Odd, I've been looking at opinions on bows / builds, and most of the builds have both Crit Boost and Crit Ele, I always thought that a bow with Elemental dmg would be doing ONLY that type of dmg?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Odd, I've been looking at opinions on bows / builds, and most of the builds have both Crit Boost and Crit Ele, I always thought that a bow with Elemental dmg would be doing ONLY that type of dmg?

Every weapon has a raw damage value and then some also have an elemental damage value. Some skills only impact raw damage and some only elemental as well. When you look at a weapon they have separate values for each so you can determine what weapon is good for the kind of build you want to do.

That being said, elemental bow builds you should be rocking a high elemental bow and using power/spread shot repeatedly. There is also a popular crit draw, raw build that you just draw your weapon and dragon pierce repeatedly.

He made this first video very early into the game but it still has good information. The second video has more recent information and some thoughts on elemental builds.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
View attachment 173446

Gotta start somewhere right? :)

Switched over hard to Aerial Greatsword Cloud Strife style and teaching myself it, I am pretty sure this is more entertaining to watch then my usual HBG yes?

Awesome, way better imo than HBG plus i want to learn AGS so you can teach me once you master it.

Also for this meta do you recommend stun power 3? Im constantly keeping monsters KO'd now but swapped from handicraft with death stench legs to using 2pc rath / 3pc Nerg (makes me need 0 healing on tempered elders with melee healing)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I somehow missed this really quick bow guide too. Kinda nice since its so quick but if you need a more indepth guide then check out the ones above.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Awesome, way better imo than HBG plus i want to learn AGS so you can teach me once you master it.

Also for this meta do you recommend stun power 3? Im constantly keeping monsters KO'd now but swapped from handicraft with death stench legs to using 2pc rath / 3pc Nerg (makes me need 0 healing on tempered elders with melee healing)

You ramped up quick on PC mang. Daaamn.