Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I can't do a high level hunt as far as I'm aware. I haven't unlocked at least 5 more monsters that I know about. I died to a Barroth 3 times in a row before I rage quit last night. I've never died to one before and I've been able to eat every single attack without being flattened in one go. But his head butt is enough to end me now.

How does defense work? Is it a % damage reduction or a flat cut off where each additional 2 points is a direct decrease in damage taken?

My farm only has two slots at the moment and makes 2 items per rotation (I don't know what actually triggers a rotation, but if it's a successful mission/investigation/bounty, then I'm way behind due to being stuck at the moment).

If canteen mats only come from the bounties, then I've been picking the wrong ones entirely.

Optional Quests, Critical/Limited bounties and Deliveries only. Farm is triggered by successful quest (not expedition). It eventually gets like 50 slots.

I am relatively certain that defense is a linear increase in damage reduction based on the defense #.

For Barroth you may not have been doing a lot of damage because he had the mud armor on. Watergrass or whatever you find around Wildspire for the slinger can wash off his mud armor and you can do more damage to it. I forget what he's weak to.

Secondly, you probably are not opting for the Chef's Choice meal at the canteen which will always bring you to +50 HP/+50 stamina. This is pretty critical because without it you're walking around at basically 2/3 of your health and stamina. This can make monsters kill you easier.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Leadsalad Leadsalad my man, add me in steam and lets get you rolling. If you rocking bow I can get you comfy with it almost never cart and just dominate. Find me on discord too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Not enjoying this, probably picked the wrong weapon to start with. I can't figure out how to do actually do dps instead of avoiding every single attack that seems to be thrown my way. And after the 2nd dumb giant elder dragon quest, mobs I was farming are now 1-shot'ing me and I have no idea why. The feedback this game gives to people like me is so frustrating.

Oh well, got 15 hours of frustrating gameplay in and I'm throwing in the towel.
Need to get in with the forum bros when we play. Can show you the ropes. After awhile you enter high rank (red stars vs blue stars when doing missions) which lets you craft the next set of gear but also adds more abilities etc.. to the monsters. Highly recommend lance as a starting weapon as its great for beginners but has more depth if you stick with it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I can't do a high level hunt as far as I'm aware. I haven't unlocked at least 5 more monsters that I know about. I died to a Barroth 3 times in a row before I rage quit last night. I've never died to one before and I've been able to eat every single attack without being flattened in one go. But his head butt is enough to end me now.

How does defense work? Is it a % damage reduction or a flat cut off where each additional 2 points is a direct decrease in damage taken?

My farm only has two slots at the moment and makes 2 items per rotation (I don't know what actually triggers a rotation, but if it's a successful mission/investigation/bounty, then I'm way behind due to being stuck at the moment).

If canteen mats only come from the bounties, then I've been picking the wrong ones entirely.
Barroth has two different charges (if thats what killed you) one is normal, the 2nd he makes a train sound before the charge. Do NOT get hit by that one or its GG.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Optional Quests, Critical/Limited bounties and Deliveries only. Farm is triggered by successful quest (not expedition). It eventually gets like 50 slots.

I am relatively certain that defense is a linear increase in damage reduction based on the defense #.

For Barroth you may not have been doing a lot of damage because he had the mud armor on. Watergrass or whatever you find around Wildspire for the slinger can wash off his mud armor and you can do more damage to it. I forget what he's weak to.

Secondly, you probably are not opting for the Chef's Choice meal at the canteen which will always bring you to +50 HP/+50 stamina. This is pretty critical because without it you're walking around at basically 2/3 of your health and stamina. This can make monsters kill you easier.

You can also harvest those nodes that give points in all the zones for ingredients. When you get to the HR stuff you can harvest and learn up to like 4-5 different ingredients from those nodes.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok...is the capturing monsters a little wonkey for some? Shows a skull sometimes on mini map...other times it does not, and this dude is clearly about to die.

Who wants to play with an old goat of a man? I'm just knocking out all my quests.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok...is the capturing monsters a little wonkey for some? Shows a skull sometimes on mini map...other times it does not, and this dude is clearly about to die.

Who wants to play with an old goat of a man? I'm just knocking out all my quests.

KrassusPain on Steam, we should have an instance up tonight just let us know if you need help on anything. Down for anything you got at anytime, we all had to learn its np.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I just might have been unlucky but I'm max rank with Nergigante and I used a lot of tracks, but it never popped in normal investigations until I did the group thing.

I took a break before finishing the story because Nergigante was annoying as fuck and I figured I might as well gear up a bit before I do the other 3 fuckheads. I'm almost done though, I'll ignore the 3set nergigant bonus for now so I don't have to farm the tails, just need to get the 2 black diablos horns which should be pretty fast since he's not too bad, get my final Diablos weapon upgrade and then go kill the rest.

Made a gathering set to make some money too and it's pretty good. Those dragon ore shit sell for a lot of money, I was at like 15k yesterday after buying/upgrading some shit and back at 130k now.
If you want to make money, just use the Argosy, pick Trade In items every other arrival. Usually make 15k-20k per. Also, Bandit Mantle on easy mobs using a full auto HBG.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

If I remember this correctly you need a higher research level if you aren’t seeing the skull.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Make sure you talk to the research guy in town to update your knowledge of monsters. Pretty sure that determines how accurately those icons display.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Leadsalad Leadsalad my man, add me in steam and lets get you rolling. If you rocking bow I can get you comfy with it almost never cart and just dominate. Find me on discord too.
My small amount of pride prevents me from being carried as dead weight. I need to figure this out for myself if I can bring myself to start the game again.

And I don't see how the farm will ever compensate for the amount of shit I have to gather based on my current over consumption.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
My small amount of pride prevents me from being carried as dead weight. I need to figure this out for myself if I can bring myself to start the game again.

And I don't see how the farm will ever compensate for the amount of shit I have to gather based on my current over consumption.

Not going to carry you but advice in real time is huge, when this came out on PS4 all we did was four man it and die a alot but it was fun.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The Farm will give more than enough of an item when you have it upgraded with more items to Cultivate, a larger box, and the better Fertilizers. If you intend to solo everything, then make sure to go find the Palico's you can team up with in the area you're in, always nice to have them with you. Also, make sure to check the campsite box for free Healing pots / Stamina food.

If you're using the Bow, don't try to fire off a Dragon Piercer unless its your first shot, or only when the mob is stunned/trapped, trying to fire it while the mob is active will make it VERY aware of you. When you can afford it, make sure to purchase the Powercharm / Armorcharm from the Merchant, it'll cost about 60k, but they will give you a nice boost to Attack and Defense.

When I am hunting, I will always take the Chef's Choice meal, use the Stamina food from the camp box. I don't bother with using Defense potions, since I believe that all you need are the Armorcharm/Armortalon... anything more will not save you. You should be close to getting the Vitality Mantle, which is fantastic since it absorbs a lot of dmg, very useful.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Come hang out in discord and get wise infoz and/or join in the hunts. Not about being carried but just having a good time. Its been said by others but we were pretty much all in the same boat for those of us that played on PS4.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Zindan Zindan disagree about DP, if you DP after triple plink, spread, rain, spread they will stagger and then DP will either break something or knock them down. Repeat unti dead, I need to make some vids now that it is on PC. That said to maximize DPS dragon piercer isn't usually efficient.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Come hang out in discord and get wise infoz and/or join in the hunts. Not about being carried but just having a good time. Its been said by others but we were pretty much all in the same boat for those of us that played on PS4.

I wouldnt know 50% of the shit i learned without someone showing me or hearing you guys figure it out. Like I didnt even know that the research level = seeing the skull or not, mind blown.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I wouldnt know 50% of the shit i learned without someone showing me or hearing you guys figure it out. Like I didnt even know that the research level = seeing the skull or not, mind blown.

Once maxed it also automatically shows them on the maps, at rank 5 just need one print to start tracking them etc.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Once maxed it also automatically shows them on the maps, at rank 5 just need one print to start tracking them etc.

I'm so full of questions, the main ones right now I wanted to ask some pro's but windows updates fucked my mic last night -
  • Handicraft if it takes a weapon to white from blue is a %dmg multiplier I know, does it outweigh having crit damage 3? Which would take crits from 25% damage bonus to 40%.
  • Slugger 3 vs Part Breaker 3 – I know as SNS my role is to chain stun / knockdown mobs with my shield drop. It’s also how we get the fastest kill times so it’s our highest damage output as well. Is it more important to have 30% stun power? Would make KO’s easier which means a lot of DPS on a mob that’s floored. Does that though outweigh 30% raw part damage?
  • Elemental damage – Why is it that the higher the base elemental damage = the higher the elemental damage cap. For example Master Bang the workshop weapon blows 98% of the current weapons out of the water on flat attack damage and flat elemental damage. The tradeoff is you need free element 3. Does going free element > going elementless with those jewels?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
In my groove now. Just killing shit so easy now that I understand the gunlance and the monsters. The environment. I'm now looking for any advantage I can get from whatever. Love the poison plants. Mounting easily now.

Traps Traps Traps. Wish I could carry more. I just carry as many ingredients as I can.

Made me a nice weapon. Upgraded all my gear. Working on new gear now. Getting jewel drops...but nothing major. How do I upgrade the ones I have?

Are charms/amulets worth buying off vendor?

The Argosy...I assume he's on a timer. Is there a way to see what you can ask him for? Me hovering over icons do nada.

Just wanna see some decent group play now. See how it's done.