Monster Hunter: World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zindan Zindan disagree about DP, if you DP after triple plink, spread, rain, spread they will stagger and then DP will either break something or knock them down. Repeat unti dead, I need to make some vids now that it is on PC. That said to maximize DPS dragon piercer isn't usually efficient.
That would only work while solo, and/or Rain hits enough to allow spread to stagger (in my experience).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm so full of questions, the main ones right now I wanted to ask some pro's but windows updates fucked my mic last night -
  • Handicraft if it takes a weapon to white from blue is a %dmg multiplier I know, does it outweigh having crit damage 3? Which would take crits from 25% damage bonus to 40%.
  • Slugger 3 vs Part Breaker 3 – I know as SNS my role is to chain stun / knockdown mobs with my shield drop. It’s also how we get the fastest kill times so it’s our highest damage output as well. Is it more important to have 30% stun power? Would make KO’s easier which means a lot of DPS on a mob that’s floored. Does that though outweigh 30% raw part damage?
  • Elemental damage – Why is it that the higher the base elemental damage = the higher the elemental damage cap. For example Master Bang the workshop weapon blows 98% of the current weapons out of the water on flat attack damage and flat elemental damage. The tradeoff is you need free element 3. Does going free element > going elementless with those jewels?
You can go 30% above the shown Elemental dmg on the weapon, so weapons with a higher base Elemental dmg will also have a higher cap. As for free element > elementaless, I guess it will depend on the amount of Elemental dmg you would get; for Bows, the Cera Coilbinder has the highest Raw and also some hidden Elemental dmg, but the Elemental dmg is weaker than what you would get on other weapons, so going Elementaless is the way to go for that weapon.

Edit: 15min or so of ending credits that you cannot (or should not) skip is a bit excessive. =/

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Therage

Vyemm Raider
In my groove now. Just killing shit so easy now that I understand the gunlance and the monsters. The environment. I'm now looking for any advantage I can get from whatever. Love the poison plants. Mounting easily now.

Traps Traps Traps. Wish I could carry more. I just carry as many ingredients as I can.

Made me a nice weapon. Upgraded all my gear. Working on new gear now. Getting jewel drops...but nothing major. How do I upgrade the ones I have?

Are charms/amulets worth buying off vendor?

The Argosy...I assume he's on a timer. Is there a way to see what you can ask him for? Me hovering over icons do nada.

Just wanna see some decent group play now. See how it's done.

Brahma, the argosy is like 5 or ten quests before it returns I think. As far as the items go, you can see what he has for sale should be a choice for info or something similar and allows you to browse the rows. If you are choosing the route for sellable objects they typically have no other function aside from vendor fodder.

Guys your making me want to play again ha. Maybe I'll load up the ps4 tonight. I'd buy it on pc but would rather get the switch game I think.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If I remember this correctly you need a higher research level if you aren’t seeing the skull.
Oh wow just assumed it was buggy, nice to know. I've stopped relying on it basically, I just try to look at the broken parts, and if I see 2 I don't go ham until the monster leaves, that's when they'll go sleep and then I capture them. Everytime I try to get fancy and trap them before they leave, they do some weird shit like go to another spot first, destroy the trap with their last move without somehow getting trapped, get scared by FAT FUCKING DIVEBOMB DRAGON FUCK OFF or some other nonsense and I have to go grab another trap to go trap them where they sleep after anyway.

Finished the main story, last monster was pretty meh. Overall probably didn't need to farm much, Nergigante felt the strongest out of the lot, the others were all fairly simple, I died twice on the rest combined, but eh I got a nice Diablos fully upgraded weapon. Need to farm some gems and shit now, especially Kushala gem for the Handicraft charm and some Nergi tails to finish the 3pc set. Should probably look into a new weapon to learn while I mop up the sidequests stuff I skipped, but really liked the Insect Glaive, very nice weapon, I like firing the little shit at stuff and having it spawn exploding clouds all over.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In my groove now. Just killing shit so easy now that I understand the gunlance and the monsters. The environment. I'm now looking for any advantage I can get from whatever. Love the poison plants. Mounting easily now.

Traps Traps Traps. Wish I could carry more. I just carry as many ingredients as I can.

Made me a nice weapon. Upgraded all my gear. Working on new gear now. Getting jewel drops...but nothing major. How do I upgrade the ones I have?

Are charms/amulets worth buying off vendor?

The Argosy...I assume he's on a timer. Is there a way to see what you can ask him for? Me hovering over icons do nada.

Just wanna see some decent group play now. See how it's done.
You can carry a Shock and Pit trap, its what I do incase I'm on a multi-mob hunt, or if murphy's law strikes on the first attempt (some dumbass melee continuing to hit that mob and staggers me).

It is good to craft a Charm that suits your build, but if you mean the Powercharm / Armorcharm from the merchant, then yes, buy those when you can, then upgrade them when you get some Bagel Talons (and then buy the previous ones again).

When the Argosy returns, you should be able to select the each of the three rows and see what each item is, I just purchase them all anyway, then sell all the trade-in items.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The Argosy comes back after a certain number of quests, I think it's 7-9 or something like that, it's not a fixed amount. You get a message on the loading screen when it's in, as well as the little blue messages shit when you return town. That said, I wouldn't request trade-in items at first. I personally went with materials, and I bought a bunch of annoying specific materials I needed for like random crafting(gathering set needed torrent sacs and some other sacs, I just bought them instead of farming for them for example) and some deliveries. You don't get very rare stuff, but it's nice for when you need like 1 or 2 things but don't want to go farm for them right now. Now he mostly brings garbage though since I outleveled most of the stuff he can bring, so I'll switch him to money(or consumables not sure what that brings).

Also for the tree, you can reuse the same fertilizer before it wears off, and it'll upgrade to the better version even if you haven't unlocked that yet. You just need to do it over 2 quests. It also adds the duration, so it's nice to not have to worry about it too often. Like you fertilize bugs for honey, it'll give 2+2 honey for 3quests. Then do a quest, come back, buy bug fertilizer again. Now it'll give 2+6 for 5turns. It's the same as using the advanced fertilizer, just with more micromanagement, but as long as you hit it before it wears off, it's a lot more economic this way. It's annoying when trying to cultivate different types of things at the same time though, that's where the better fertilizers are much better.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any tips on the final endemic life quest to catch a phantom bird? I equip the ghillie mantle and check both aptonoth camps and never see them. Not sure if its that rare or im doing something wrong.

Im one Zorah Magdaros gem away from free element charm, might have to do weekly tonight instead of this GD bird.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Any tips on the final endemic life quest to catch a phantom bird? I equip the ghillie mantle and check both aptonoth camps and never see them. Not sure if its that rare or im doing something wrong.

Im one Zorah Magdaros gem away from free element charm, might have to do weekly tonight instead of this GD bird.

Is Phantom Bird new? Or do you mean the one on the aptonoth heads? Everytime i happen to come across it I am not running ghillie.

But I did get the ancient fish and rainbow beetle, and the bird that rests on the pigs.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Don’t need ghille just arc the shot, they always escape in the same direction so just aim a little that way.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I havent even seen those little white birds yet, sounds like they are just rare then.

They're very rare along with the ancient fish. I collected all the endemic life on PS4 and those ones took a few hours each. I saw the birds again on PC but it was during a tempered hunt and they ran off.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
They're very rare along with the ancient fish. I collected all the endemic life on PS4 and those ones took a few hours each. I saw the birds again on PC but it was during a tempered hunt and they ran off.

Makes sense, i was going nuts doing investigations all night mostly AFK watching those aptonoths and not seeing them. Ill do the weekly for the Zorah gem at 8pm EST tonight, if anyone wants to join ill run through the whole quest in one go.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Makes sense, i was going nuts doing investigations all night mostly AFK watching those aptonoths and not seeing them. Ill do the weekly for the Zorah gem at 8pm EST tonight, if anyone wants to join ill run through the whole quest in one go.

I’m down. Saw a whole bunch of people on last night but none use discord. Where do all the cool kids hang out?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I didn't see a single Friend Seesion pop up last night and/or don't understand how to join am FoH session even though I'm in the Steam group.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do players in the same Steam Group have access to Friend Sessions while not being anyones specific Friends List?

Steam G ID: malask

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I've had limited time to play and as someone new to the franchise I made it to rank 4 in about 6 hours playtime.

This is like old school EQ all over again, I hardly have a clue what I'm doing and everyone around me is running in planar gear while I'm sporting a cracked staff while trying to figure out why my ranger can't dual wield them, because I saw some naked guy do it. Also a druid needs to harmony me to increase my manaregen.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont know, I can see Janx when hes online. I always click friends sessions when i log in and see if there is any existing to join. If there isnt any I just make one normally.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Do players in the same Steam Group have access to Friend Sessions while not being anyones specific Friends List?

Steam G ID: malask

Maybe not, but I know a few friends are in my list and no one showed up. Will fiddle with it more this weekend / tonight. Need to mov3 the story along and open shit up.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've had limited time to play and as someone new to the franchise I made it to rank 4 in about 6 hours playtime.

This is like old school EQ all over again, I hardly have a clue what I'm doing and everyone around me is running in planar gear while I'm sporting a cracked staff while trying to figure out why my ranger can't dual wield them, because I saw some naked guy do it. Also a druid needs to harmony me to increase my manaregen.

Feels good doesn't it? :cool: