Monster Hunter: World

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Really nice execution.

Feels good doesn't it? :cool:

Feels weird, not used to it anymore. Across the past 2 decades I can name a lot of games that started out as a mystery due to having tons of options and deep mechanics, but the last few years have been very thin when it comes to those .. Darkest Dungeon for example was a great game, but its easy to figure out the strong combo's since the game isn't that deep.

Some stuff this game has is annoying though; I don't like the inventory management, managing inventories is something people get payed € 12/hour for, I don't know why this game has it or why anyone thinks it is fun .. if it was fun companies would charge for the activity, not pay people.

The UI in general is cluncky. The keyboard control scheme is poor. During cutscenes NPC's seem to look worse then Witcher 3 ones, which I normally have no issue with, except MH does manage to display exceptionally good looking surroundings and monsters during gameplay.

The game makes up for these minor flaws and still ends up being great to awesome, but if it had steam workshop & mods to adress the above, it would be even beter, without a doubt.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man I keep trying the bow and I still hate it. Not sure what the deal is but just feels..ug. Might just be a case of me missing all the deco's i had access to on PS4 but it just doesnt feel as satisfying as using a melee weapon.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Man I keep trying the bow and I still hate it. Not sure what the deal is but just feels..ug. Might just be a case of me missing all the deco's i had access to on PS4 but it just doesnt feel as satisfying as using a melee weapon.

I feel the same way about dual blades, they feel terrible. LOVE THIS GAME!

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im most happy about fighting the unicorn at HR50 soon, the first 2 times was such a tease im ready to try the daddy.

Do tempered and normal monsters have the same HPs? I remember someone said yes but i wanted to confirm. Im doing so much better on Kushala now, pretty much always sub 8 minutes but its not tempered.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Tempered only adds damage.

Each Optional quest has a small HP and size modifier. Each investigation has a MUCH bigger range for HP and size. Resets on return to Astera.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tempered only adds damage.

Each Optional quest has a small HP and size modifier. Each investigation has a MUCH bigger range for HP and size. Resets on return to Astera.

Thanks bro, fuck im doing so much better with just the advice from here. I used to struggle doing 15 minute tempered elders and doing 50% better on them sometimes.

Just got my 2nd sinister cloth on PC, can make death stench legs now $$$$

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Whatchu know about BrahmaDog and his sidekick demon cat!
My Cat.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Leadsalad Leadsalad I'm still new to MHW (HR9) but I had a similar problem to you where I felt like I had to spend all my time dodging it was hard to get some heat on the monsters. I think the adjustment I made was to ditch the Dark Souls' style defensive gameplay of waiting for the boss to fuck up their attack and then capitalize, and go for more of an aggressive style where I open on the bosses and hope I can survive the consequences. I'm using charge blade and finding that generally it's safer to be in the pocket swinging my ass off instead of trying to juke the mob.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Talking to the wife who's been putting mad hours into Skyrim, again, and told her I should get her this game for the PS4, and I continue to play on PC, and then we can have a common game.

Time to find it cheap boys! Although... I'm skeptical that she'll have the skills to actually do ok in this game. Who knows though! Better try it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How or when does Death Stench become available as Layered armor?
Not sure it's in the game on PC yet. Was added in June on consoles, but it might be part of the patch stuff we got, maybe someone who's further can confirm but I think PC doesn't have arch tempered versions yet. Basically you get a delivery quest one you kill arch tempered vaal hazak, get 2 tickets from him and some sinister cloth to get it.