Monster Hunter: World

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Looks like someone is going to experience Nergi dive bombing for the first time soon.

Took out Neraganti easily. Fainted once. Kinda a letdown really.

Anyone have an easy way for gunlance to mount outside of looking for a damn cliff?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Took out Neraganti easily. Fainted once. Kinda a letdown really.

Anyone have an easy way for gunlance to mount outside of looking for a damn cliff?
Wedge beetles. Lance, SNS and glaive i think are the best anytime mounting weapons.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Switched to SNS last night to try it out and it felt pretty good!

I'm wearing Bone Armor, and upgraded my SNS to the water elemental set. I hear Ajanath parts makes good upgrades? What upgrades should I be trying to make? I know I gotta keep pushing the story, but been having fun just killing shit in Ancient Forest with randos online.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Will I regret blowing the armor spheres I have on low end armor? Or should I just upgrade everything to max, always?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Will I regret blowing the armor spheres I have on low end armor? Or should I just upgrade everything to max, always?

I didn't spend any armor spheres until I had my end game set of armor built for hammer and it took every sphere that I had acquired by that point to max out. I basically went starter gear -> bone armor -> zorah armor set -> end game set. But mileage may vary depending on if you are prone to getting hit often.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I keep the armor sphere's until I have pieces of armor I'll be using all the time, then upgrade them... it will take a lot, so using them on low rank is a waste (even if you think you have a lot).

Also, the multiplayer disconnects are becoming really annoying.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The low level armor spheres are basically worthless for HR armor though. The basic ones give 1 point per sphere. The armor sphere+ give 5pt per sphere, so already they're 5times better. The advanced armor spheres you get in HR give 20points per sphere. The hard spheres you get once you're at the elder dragons give 80pts per sphere. That means if you keep all your basic spheres as you level, you'll get like 1.5bounties worth of spheres from low level and about 6bounties worth of armor spheres+. That's really nothing in the end, meanwhile increasing defense on your few good pieces as you level means you don't have to farm for new stuff until HR and you get good defense values.

You don't even need that many spheres unless you have a ton of different sets of gear, which you will eventually but at first you kinda want the pieces that work without deco and there's not that many good ones.

I haven't even come close to running out of spheres. Hell I haven't touched my hard spheres yet, just using all the advanced ones I got from HR as I was progressing.

Also fuck those Vaal Hazak fangs. Fucker somehow dropped 2tails AND 2 gems in one kill, even though I didn't even cut his tail, but I'm still sitting at one fang after 5kills. I'm destroying his face too so it should drop, but it fucking won't and I need 5 of them for a lance. Hoping my fucking cat will somehow score some, he got a gem on the double gem kill. Wish there was something to do with these stupid gems too, I have a bunch I don't need but I don't even think you can meld them for other gems which sucks.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The low level armor spheres are basically worthless for HR armor though. The basic ones give 1 point per sphere. The armor sphere+ give 5pt per sphere, so already they're 5times better. The advanced armor spheres you get in HR give 20points per sphere. The hard spheres you get once you're at the elder dragons give 80pts per sphere. That means if you keep all your basic spheres as you level, you'll get like 1.5bounties worth of spheres from low level and about 6bounties worth of armor spheres+. That's really nothing in the end, meanwhile increasing defense on your few good pieces as you level means you don't have to farm for new stuff until HR and you get good defense values.

You don't even need that many spheres unless you have a ton of different sets of gear, which you will eventually but at first you kinda want the pieces that work without deco and there's not that many good ones.

I haven't even come close to running out of spheres. Hell I haven't touched my hard spheres yet, just using all the advanced ones I got from HR as I was progressing.

Also fuck those Vaal Hazak fangs. Fucker somehow dropped 2tails AND 2 gems in one kill, even though I didn't even cut his tail, but I'm still sitting at one fang after 5kills. I'm destroying his face too so it should drop, but it fucking won't and I need 5 of them for a lance. Hoping my fucking cat will somehow score some, he got a gem on the double gem kill. Wish there was something to do with these stupid gems too, I have a bunch I don't need but I don't even think you can meld them for other gems which sucks.
I believe Gems will be needed again once you start to Augment your gear, so the more you have the better (same with armor spheres). This is just the beginning, there are some nice armor sets that come out later with the all the DLC's (which I hope we get by the end of the year).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I believe Gems will be needed again once you start to Augment your gear, so the more you have the better (same with armor spheres). This is just the beginning, there are some nice armor sets that come out later with the all the DLC's (which I hope we get by the end of the year).
Sure but by the time you need better stuff, you'll have done tons of bounties to stock up on spheres, and ultimately, it won't change the fact the LR spheres you get are worth 1/80th or 1/16th of the endgame ones. Maybe it saves you 5mins of grabbing a bunch of gathering bounties then going to vale or wastes or whatever you like and completing them all at once, so it really doesn't matter if you use them on low armor especially if it means you don't have to bother upgrading. For example you can keep your bone armor from early on with attack boost on it or jagras stamina regen gloves or whatever very early piece, and use them all the way to HR without gimping your defense.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sure but by the time you need better stuff, you'll have done tons of bounties to stock up on spheres, and ultimately, it won't change the fact the LR spheres you get are worth 1/80th or 1/16th of the endgame ones. Maybe it saves you 5mins of grabbing a bunch of gathering bounties then going to vale or wastes or whatever you like and completing them all at once, so it really doesn't matter if you use them on low armor especially if it means you don't have to bother upgrading. For example you can keep your bone armor from early on with attack boost on it or jagras stamina regen gloves or whatever very early piece, and use them all the way to HR without gimping your defense.
Whatever man, I save them and use them later on. I do not intend to run again like I did on console, just like I intend to have more than one set of armor. Anything I can save for later use is more useful than using them on armor I'll not be using anymore... ever.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Switched to SNS last night to try it out and it felt pretty good!

I'm wearing Bone Armor, and upgraded my SNS to the water elemental set. I hear Ajanath parts makes good upgrades? What upgrades should I be trying to make? I know I gotta keep pushing the story, but been having fun just killing shit in Ancient Forest with randos online.

Burn through the story, the optional quests which have very much needed rewards and then investigations are 95% of the game. SnS is really strong when youre alone, with a group the stun threshold seems to be 10x higher.

For SnS during story use the lightning tree until you get the nergigante weapon (we can rush you through 5 runs quick, dont be scurred to join us). Once youre done with the story - Anja for Fire dmg on Unicorn and Vaal Hazaak, Jagras for water for Teostra mainly, Master Bang for lightning damage

TLDR of SnS is learn the charge from back + heavy which lets you mount or shield drop. Drop always onto heads and just keep mobs locked down basically, when youre alone youll have the monster on its side 50% of the time you're fighting stunned.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm not that great at this game, so I find the need to update armor a bit, I've gotten better but I'm too old for this shit :D

Nonetheless, very fun. I just got into high rank stuff, and continuing through story. It's a really great game, though, despite the multiplayer disconnects making it practically impossible to play with others for a length of time. I really wish they would fix that, it's really ruining the game for a lot of people i know (not to mention the constant steam spam).

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok...I have full Odogaron armor. Maxxed out. Is there another set of gear after that? I assume so. I see low rank, and high rank. Is there Uber rank?

How do I get more advanced armor spheres? I'm out.

My weapon is the Magda Lahat gunlance. There is one more upgrade after that. Should I be looking down another tree for a different gunlance? or look forward to upgrading that one? I have all the parts minus a bunch of red question marks for the part I am missing.