Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ok...I have full Odogaron armor. Maxxed out. Is there another set of gear after that? I assume so. I see low rank, and high rank. Is there Uber rank?

How do I get more advanced armor spheres? I'm out.

My weapon is the Magda Lahat gunlance. There is one more upgrade after that. Should I be looking down another tree for a different gunlance? or look forward to upgrading that one? I have all the parts minus a bunch of red question marks for the part I am missing.

nergigante isn't the end. He's the beginning. Keep on trucking mang.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Finally beat the story at around 80hrs in. This was my first MH and I went in blind. I probably wasted most of my time doing many unnecessary repeatable quests thinking I was progressing...

However, I do have a shit ton of materials.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Finally beat the story at around 80hrs in. This was my first MH and I went in blind. I probably wasted most of my time doing many unnecessary repeatable quests thinking I was progressing...

No you didn't and no you don't :)

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ok...I have full Odogaron armor. Maxxed out. Is there another set of gear after that? I assume so. I see low rank, and high rank. Is there Uber rank?

My weapon is the Magda Lahat gunlance. There is one more upgrade after that. Should I be looking down another tree for a different gunlance? or look forward to upgrading that one? I have all the parts minus a bunch of red question marks for the part I am missing.

Odogaron armor is like like the end of the beginning of the armor unlocks, focus on completing bounties for armor spheres. There will be event quests that grant extra spheres later as well, also get that random end of a capture/hunt. For gunlance you want the Royal Burst+capacity legs from lavasioth and artillery charm maxed out. Later on this will change as you get odo's armor bonus as a deco etc.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Odogaron armor is like like the end of the beginning of the armor unlocks, focus on completing bounties for armor spheres. There will be event quests that grant extra spheres later as well, also get that random end of a capture/hunt. For gunlance you want the Royal Burst+capacity legs from lavasioth and artillery charm maxed out. Later on this will change as you get odo's armor bonus as a deco etc.

Do you crash a lot or is there a reason it says you're entering the game every few minutes?

Janx

<Silver Donator>

I want to say the Royal Burst (Rathian Gunlance?) is really good.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I want to say the Royal Burst (Rathian Gunlance?) is really good.

Yeah that's the one I use when I GL. The Kulve Taroth ones are better. But ya know. That hasn't hit PC or anything yet and RNG gods are not at your service there.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Depends on what you did but if you just cleared all the optional quests, you kinda have to do that eventually anyway so that's not time wasted, although it's a lot slower when you're still at intended gear level versus when you're trucking along with endgame gear with 100%crit, white sharpness and max attack weapons.

I left a bunch of optional quests on the side and I'm doing now with Lance, it's a nice way to get used to another weapon, the enemies are weak enough but at the same time I'm clearing stuff I want to be clearing anyway. Lance is pretty cool, fairly simple but the pokes are nice and the blocks are great, changes the game entirely when you just can block almost everything(I'm not sure I can block the fire venting thing Urgadaan does but I didn't have hit set while I was killing him to farm his set, so not sure, and no real point killing him again).

Finished my vaal hazak farming, crafted some of his armor to kill him faster so I didn't have to run out of the stupid ass clouds all the time, made it a lot easier. Also equipped Urgadaan's chest for 2x Part Breaker to make it easier, still had to do 1 kill per fang though, shit sucks.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Thaaaaaank You!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Do you crash a lot or is there a reason it says you're entering the game every few minutes?

I mentioned this:

It's a really great game, though, despite the multiplayer disconnects making it practically impossible to play with others for a length of time. I really wish they would fix that, it's really ruining the game for a lot of people i know (not to mention the constant steam spam).

There's a really retarded bug that absolutely has to be fixed but somehow its taking them a long time to do so where you'll lose your online session because something in MHW is causing steam disconnects and reconnects. It happens very very quickly, so generally you won't get disconnected from multiplayer as it will recover, but occasionally you will if the disconnect is too long.

When you keep seeing people on your friends list constantly playing it, it's because steam keeps disconnecting them and when they reconnect, it announces to their friends they are playing.

The bug is definitely Monster Hunters, but its affecting steam itself.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Side note, I don't know if I'm doing good or not, as I said I am not playing fast and really just taking my time. But a few questions.

1. I just started doing high rank stuff. Should I concern myself for farming low-rank materals? Are these needed for anything other than maybe creating different trees of weapons if I want ones of different elements?

2. I've been blowing armor spheres on Anja armor (Low rank) which I have had since I first beat Anja very early in the game. It's still suiting me well. From what I read, my next update at this point should be Zorah's which I still need a few more pieces before I can get for when he returns.

3. I really really like Dual Blades, and that's what I've been using. My strategy is that I try to get every dual blade of each element -- I'm working on every tree, basically, and working so that if I fight say Tobi-Kadachi, I'll equip water blades, etc. I was also going to do the same strategy for armor, but never did because I felt the upgrade cost is too much. Is this a waste, or a reasonable approach? Should I instead learn other weapons?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Side note, I don't know if I'm doing good or not, as I said I am not playing fast and really just taking my time. But a few questions.

1. I just started doing high rank stuff. Should I concern myself for farming low-rank materals? Are these needed for anything other than maybe creating different trees of weapons if I want ones of different elements?

2. I've been blowing armor spheres on Anja armor (Low rank) which I have had since I first beat Anja very early in the game. It's still suiting me well. From what I read, my next update at this point should be Zorah's which I still need a few more pieces before I can get for when he returns.

3. I really really like Dual Blades, and that's what I've been using. My strategy is that I try to get every dual blade of each element -- I'm working on every tree, basically, and working so that if I fight say Tobi-Kadachi, I'll equip water blades, etc. I was also going to do the same strategy for armor, but never did because I felt the upgrade cost is too much. Is this a waste, or a reasonable approach? Should I instead learn other weapons?

1 Farm low rank stuff only as needed.

2 Sounds about right

3 Yes and no depending on the build you are going for, the drum sticks seems to be what most dual bladers use but if going for elemental damage then yes one of each. Play whatever weapon does these two things in order: Not dying, doing damage.

• 1Like

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is the Karma worth crafting? I'm a few parts away from one. It's a LBG in the Odogaron tree.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can somebody please explain the Wyverian Ritual to me? Is that the only way to get the more rare decorations? Or is it the only way to do that augment thing I hear people talking about. PS, what is augmenting (all I know is that its super late game).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Still making my way through the game, but got a lot better tonight when I started to take guard points with my charge blade seriously. I was reliant on dodge-roll from years of dark souls, witcher etc etc, but using block frames from attack animations is wayyyy better.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Ok...got my Royal Burst. Working on legs and charm.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can somebody please explain the Wyverian Ritual to me? Is that the only way to get the more rare decorations? Or is it the only way to do that augment thing I hear people talking about. PS, what is augmenting (all I know is that its super late game).
I'll go off what I know so far, some of which might not be exact or right, someone can correct.

Ritual is basically a way to gamble your shitty deco for other decoration. Each of the tier gives specific chances at the various types of decorations, with the last one being the only one that can give rarity 8, so generally the one you want to use since it uses the same decorations to trade in as the others with much better rewards. You'll get decorations from killing monsters too obviously, it just lets you convert the garbage stuff or whatever you have too many of into specific ones. Worth noting, what you get as reward is set in advance. This leads to a way to kinda tell what you get by doing a backup of your save, using a lot of materials to check the results until something specific comes up you want, then reload the backup, and "advance" the choices using quests instead, until you hit the right stuff and then do just one ritual to get your stuff. Wether or not you do that is up to you since that's pretty borderline and at some point you're better off just hack editing your shit.

Augmenting for armor lets you simply upgrade your armor much further than the normal upgrades. You use a bunch of augment mats to "unlock" the upgrade levels on the armor then upgrade it normally using spheres. This mostly lets you get enough defense that you can take smaller hits from tempered shit without dying instantly, although the bigger hits still will kill you as expected.

Augmenting weapons can be done on final weapons in the tree, and has a variable amount of slots depending on the weapons and their tiers(higher tiers like the orange tier 8s have less, although this might not hold true for DLC weapons, no idea). So you get 1 to 3 slots to augment and using a bunch of mats, you can get various additional effects on your weapon, such as 10% affinity or heal when you hit.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks. Kind of rage quit the double Bazel fight last night. Switch Axe is just horrible for that always stuck in an animation if I want to do more then just poke the thing. Twice I got the first one down only to get one shot by the second one on a roar/bomb combo. Got a T8 Piercing HBG I'm going to try it with tomorrow. Hopefully then I can start farming Special Investigations for decorations.