Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ugh capturing... is there a consistent way to make traps that work for this? I know you get one thunder trap per capture quest but I still suck at judging when a monster is weak enough to actually take it. I think they are limping away (weakened) go to use it and nope not yet. Thunder traps require lightning beetles but they seem to be really rare. Do pitfall traps work too? I just want to be able to easily make back ups in case my first trap fails versus it failing and the mission just being over.

It sounds like you aren't real far into the game? Once you unlock the whole farm you can just harvest any mats you need for that kind of thing en masse with fertilizer and queen jelly and what have you.

As far as the traps go. Shock and pitfall traps work the same. Once you skill up in your monster manual to 4 stars or something you will see a skull indicator on your map for the creature. When the skull appears the monster is good for trapping or murdering.

Keep in mind you actually get your skill ups for the monster manual only when you talk to the scholar sitting on the stack of books.

Last edited:

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep very early still.

And cool. Yeah I have farm guy but I can only do the basic materials so far.

And yep just learned about the monster manual guy yesterday, which is handy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
It sounds like you aren't real far into the game? Once you unlock the whole farm you can just harvest any mats you need for that kind of thing en masse with fertilizer and queen jelly and what have you.

As far as the traps go. Shock and pitfall traps work the same. Once you skill up in your monster manual to 4 stars or something you will see a skull indicator on your map for the creature. When the skull appears the monster is good for trapping or murdering.

Keep in mind you actually get your skill ups for the monster manual only when you talk to the scholar sitting on the stack of books.

Yeah

When you are back you can just copy my save and change name palico look etc

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I'm going to ditch the min maxy way to play the charge blade. It just takes too long to build up and it tests my patience and I start getting sloppy. And then if you whiff the Big Super Dick combo, you basically have to start all the way over. I much prefer to just build up the phials and go ham with O spam that finishes with the basic super move. It seems more effective over time. Obviously one hit is less, but I can keep damage way more steady that way and kill faster.

With that said I have Anjanath on farm trying to get his set crafted for the big mountain dragon event, and I had him seriously limping and trapped. Went full in, not paying attention to life, and all of a sudden "You Fainted." Came too again, and set out and found him, took one swing ... and he died. Dude seriously?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm going to ditch the min maxy way to play the charge blade. It just takes too long to build up and it tests my patience and I start getting sloppy. And then if you whiff the Big Super Dick combo, you basically have to start all the way over. I much prefer to just build up the phials and go ham with O spam that finishes with the basic super move. It seems more effective over time. Obviously one hit is less, but I can keep damage way more steady that way and kill faster.

With that said I have Anjanath on farm trying to get his set crafted for the big mountain dragon event, and I had him seriously limping and trapped. Went full in, not paying attention to life, and all of a sudden "You Fainted." Came too again, and set out and found him, took one swing ... and he died. Dude seriously?

You're going to want to get in the habit of having ancient potions on you/crafting them. As it will keep your HP at the level it is with the food buff. So after you faint, ancient potion and you're back where you need to be.

It's quite integral later in the game because going into tempereds and shit that can already one/two shot you with half health means you're already fucked. Having half stamina and hp... not a good time.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh wow ok yeah totally. That's the part I hate the most is if I get caught with my dick out, I'm fucked on the HP/Stamina thing and literally lose my lunch. Not sure I can craft those yet but will definitely keep an eye out and make sure i have the little plant nerds cultivating the shit out of those mats.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>

Arch Tempered Kirin @ 1'40"

I cannot wait for Iceborne.

I cannot wait for the next Capcom Time Attack tourney.

I am going to try to get funds together to fly out, I really think I can beat everyone in NA, the east tho is who I am preparing for.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 200522

Arch Tempered Kirin @ 1'40"

I cannot wait for Iceborne.

I cannot wait for the next Capcom Time Attack tourney.

I am going to try to get funds together to fly out, I really think I can beat everyone in NA, the east tho is who I am preparing for.

Is that a longsword?

Yeah dude the Dark Horse going to Tokyo!

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rathian down. Holy hell, that tail swipe that poisons you is no joke. First time I fought her I fainted three times in less than 5 minutes. Once I figured out that she absolutely violates you with that tail flip move, any time she starts that animation I dodge the fuck out of Dodge. The armor set seems kind of meh for the effort but I definitely want the weapon, but trying to get the upgraded thunder charge blade built first (need some coral crystal which is in the next area I'm about to unlock).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>

New world record even beating hbg Glutton on arch Arch Tempered kirin.

Im gonna do more SA DB and IG stuff until iceborne.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
40gb worth of high resolutions textures available for PC on Steam as a free DLC. Can't imagine the type of machine you would need to run MHW PC well using those textures.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Yo Jin, you got any IG videos? I've played almost exclusively IG, but can never kill a monster in anything even resembling the time that you do. Takes me 10-15 minutes for most monsters.