Monster Hunter: World

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I should come back to this game simply to see how pretty it is with a new graphics card. TJT TJT how's it look with your new one?

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok so this weekend was kind of an unexpected epiphany (and not exactly welcome). I have been using charge blade the entire time I've been playing, and I am currently in Rotten Vale, MH 8, 4-5 Star quests ready to take on the blue wyvern in Coral Vale to progress the main story. However, I noticed that my elemental charge blades weren't really doing as much damage as my impact ones, so I did some research. Come to find out the slower weapons really don't take full advantage of elemental damage like quicker ones do, so I figured I'd split my elemental collection off to dual blades. So in the process of creating those, I was seeing that I was killing shit WAY faster compared to my charge blade counter parts. IE, Tobi Kadachi took me roughly 15 minutes to kill with my best impact charge blade, I could take him down in less than 10 with my water DBs.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I know I can definitely tighten up my play on the CB, and I'm going to work on that, but as it stands right now I feel like the game is a bit more balanced towards the dual blades. However, due to how the CB is so techical in nature, it may be I just need to figure out how to be quicker on the phial build up phase of the weapon, and get better at determining when it's best to use the phial spender for the big damage. So, I'm not totally ragging on DBs. Besides, they are fun as hell to play too, so it wouldn't hurt if I was just better suited for those. However, I really do love the ebb and flow of the charge blade, and building up phials, to transform and spend it on the bigger damage combos. It's super satisfying.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This game will be added to Xbox game pass this month. I am finally ready to hunt monsters. Any Xbox pals want to hunt together?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok so this weekend was kind of an unexpected epiphany (and not exactly welcome). I have been using charge blade the entire time I've been playing, and I am currently in Rotten Vale, MH 8, 4-5 Star quests ready to take on the blue wyvern in Coral Vale to progress the main story. However, I noticed that my elemental charge blades weren't really doing as much damage as my impact ones, so I did some research. Come to find out the slower weapons really don't take full advantage of elemental damage like quicker ones do, so I figured I'd split my elemental collection off to dual blades. So in the process of creating those, I was seeing that I was killing shit WAY faster compared to my charge blade counter parts. IE, Tobi Kadachi took me roughly 15 minutes to kill with my best impact charge blade, I could take him down in less than 10 with my water DBs.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I know I can definitely tighten up my play on the CB, and I'm going to work on that, but as it stands right now I feel like the game is a bit more balanced towards the dual blades. However, due to how the CB is so techical in nature, it may be I just need to figure out how to be quicker on the phial build up phase of the weapon, and get better at determining when it's best to use the phial spender for the big damage. So, I'm not totally ragging on DBs. Besides, they are fun as hell to play too, so it wouldn't hurt if I was just better suited for those. However, I really do love the ebb and flow of the charge blade, and building up phials, to transform and spend it on the bigger damage combos. It's super satisfying.

You may enjoy Switch Axe, it's fairly good with elementals as it hits faster than CB, and still has the fun mechanic of switching back and forth. Plus you get the climb on the monster and turbo blast it when fully charged. It can also get some insane dodge range.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
You may enjoy Switch Axe, it's fairly good with elementals as it hits faster than CB, and still has the fun mechanic of switching back and forth. Plus you get the climb on the monster and turbo blast it when fully charged. It can also get some insane dodge range.

Oddly enough my favorite streamer Fightin Cowboy uses that and I came to the same thought. Tried it last night on snow dragon in Coral Highlands, and it went really well and it was my first hunt with them so I was still getting the hang of how to fully do the builder. I really think I'm going to switch to it for my "big" weapon hunts (sticking with duals for the "jaggras" style beasts) because yeah it's nowhere near as clunky as the CB. The CB is amazing to play but I am just not patient enough to get all the build up done properly without getting flustered and forcing it, and thus getting my ass kicked because I have no business swinging a weapon at that point in time.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Has my buddy import a certain 3d model hat for me....

Janx Janx come back to me babe

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Bought a Yeti and now switching to voice overs and streaming 4 times a week. Have a new intro for the runs too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Bought a Yeti and now switching to voice overs and streaming 4 times a week. Have a new intro for the runs too.

Oh shit that intro is dope. And music is sick. Knew the castlevania theme soon as the piano started.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dev stream today with update information, and hopefully some new info / reveals for Iceborne. I think it starts at 4pm PST.

Has anyone used the Light Bow Gun as their main weapon? If so, what would your weapon upgrade path be if starting fresh? Also, are there any armors that go well with the LBG?

Edit: For those playing on PC, have you played today after the update? The apparently doesn't want to use my GPU at all, with the game running and task manager open, the GPU Engine for MHW is labelled "GPU 0 - Copy" and is only using 0.1%, while the CPU is at 90%. This is with the default "High" setting. Every other game show a label as "GPU 0 - 3D" and has normal usage.

Edit: Weird. Installed nvidia drivers from 7/2018 and the MHW runs better than it ever has.

Last edited: