Monster Hunter: World

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So much to do on PC right now. Last time I played MHW (on PS4) was just after Deviljho was released, and now on PC there so many events active. Haven't tried any of the AT versions yet, think I'll wait a bit considering I've yet to get into a group that has been able to kill the "Greatest Jagras"

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That looks alright but not sure how it'll be balanced that heavy weapons get increased damage on a weak spot and light weapons get...slinger ammo? That shit better be crazy to rival making the head weaker and stagger more.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't catch anything being tied to a specific weapon type; just that all weapons will be able to use the Clutch Claw to initiate an attack that makes whatever they attached too weak for a period of time (while mob isn't enraged). So when using the Claw, you have a choice: either use your weapons special move to make a weak point, or use Slinger Ammo to move the mob.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I didn't catch anything being tied to a specific weapon type; just that all weapons will be able to use the Clutch Claw to initiate an attack that makes whatever they attached too weak for a period of time (while mob isn't enraged). So when using the Claw, you have a choice: either use your weapons special move to make a weak point, or use Slinger Ammo to move the mob.
:43 and for the next ~40secs talks about the weapon differences. The weapon special move is dictated by the heavy/light split, where heavy increases damage taken and stagger while light force slingshot ammo to drop and increases damage taken slightly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
ohhh TigerX o ya, now just need Zinorge and I'll be happy with Iceborne. That scale the handler is holding is very familiar .. like Shagura Magala familiar...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Supposedly people are saying that they keep adding monsters on the 15years poster thing they made before, they'll add all of them. It seems like a lot though but they do have a fair amount of time to go so that'd be pretty interesting.

They also finished all the new moves videos if someone wants to check them on reddit/youtube. Some classes are getting pretty cool stuff. IG getting a way to use slingshot ammo to buff the kinsect and it can increase the buff duration and carry 2 colors at once apparently, as well as a claw grab move in the air, which obviously as IG, is really fucking easy to get to, so it seems you'll be able to knockdown motherfucking flying shit instead of flashing them. LBG are getting a reload while dodge sliding gun option, which should help making them feel like proper mobile ranged.

Just in general the option to slingshot without putting away your weapon is going to be pretty nice.

Pic is the poster:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
holy shit,

Brachydios, explosive blight also has 2 Variants Raging(Nuclear blight), and Iceblast.
Zinogre(Lightning puppy, also has a Dragon variant).
Glavenus(OP as fuck GS, if you thought Wyvern Ignition was unbalanced lol, has a "enchanced" hellblade variant),
Barioth(Gimme cause of Snow setting, also has a Sand variant),
Fatalis(OP Elder dragon, that fucking tail is such a pain, also has a "White" variant stronger defensive values),
Gore Magala(Which means Shagaru is around also), has 2 variants that come from both of them, Chaotic(1/2 Gore Magala/1/2 Shagaru Magala), and Evangelion Magala
Lagiacrus(Sea Serpent, also has lightning variants called Ivory/Abyssal),
Seregios(Bleed style, very annoying but pretty easy once you figure out the tells he has, also has a Demonic Variant).
Nargacuga, has a "Silverwind" variant(silent assassin)
TigerX has a "Brutal" Variant(Literally he will beat the shit out of you)

Soo we gonna get Bloodbath or Gilded Diablos also ? it seems they are adding a ton of Variants(With G-Rank coming I don't blame them), there is also Variants for all the Vanilla Monsters in World too, except for Nergi and Xeno sense they are the newer main line monster.

PS, Valstrax is on there also(can barely fucking see him sitting behind Kushala), Dragon Element Wyvern... when he runs he sounds like a fucking jet engine it's really weird...(Doesn't have a Variant though, sense he's a current generation monster)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So PS+ members can play the Monster Hunter World: Iceborn beta, available to download now. Runs from 6/21 - 6/28

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So PS+ members can play the Monster Hunter World: Iceborn beta, available to download now. Runs from 6/21 - 6/28
Not quite, there are two beta periods, the first for the PS+ members being 6/21-6/24, then later for non-PS+ members 6/28-7/1. I'd imagine the PS+ members can play both.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are the majority of you guys playing on PS4 or PC? I haven't played on PS4 since right before Deviljho came out, and PC I pretty much just did the first few missions.

Looking for bros to play on either, I'm not much for solo play.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll probably play on PS4 since I won't be able to resist playing Iceborne day one, lol. Then get PC for the better frames.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A bit of info about various monsters in Iceborne, plus a tease on upcoming subspecies for : Pukei Pukei, Paolumo, and Tobi-Kadachi

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally picked this one up in the Steam summer sale, as I had been waiting for a price drop for forever.

Already 50 hours in, and now I'm starting to prep for Behemoth. Seems kind of intimidating though because from the sounds of it, it's a bring your own group kind of affair.

I'm working on the set in the Reddit meta thread to solo farm for parts, but it kind of feels like cheating.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
An acidic Glavenus is gonna be interesting, I hope we get the Raging Brachy at least, nothing like carving "Warheads" off his body rofl.. And still nothing on Zinogre =(