Monster Hunter: World

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Finally got a couple more AT kills in for Nerigante. Completed that set. Set as a whole is meh, but the parts are a great compliment to builds.

Clipboard01.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man was Behemoth a big fat whore, fucking shit fight, random wombo combos, weird fucking hitboxes on attacks and limited time with I assume no scaling for solo, shit was rough. After killing it I went and tried in multi and it was way easier(well besides idiots carting the first time he does anything).

Need to farm a few bones for the weapon I'll do that quickly with the thief Palico and then on to clearing the AT I hadn't killed before. Probably not gonna bother doing AT KT though nor Extreme Behemoth, shit feels like a waste of time.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
AT KT Legs and weapons (Kjarr) are pretty good.
Sorry I didn't mean loot wise, I know AT KT has good shit, but I just hated doing KT already and don't really want to grind AT KT some more. I'll maybe do a couple for the armor and then I'll mod the weapons if I feel I want to use them. As for extremoth I play XIV so don't really need DRG AF1 appearance, I wouldn't even use it on a dragoon. Hopefully they unfuck transmogs in the expansion and let us just use whatever, it's pretty dumb they design so many cool looking armors but besides modding or gimping yourself, you can't use most of them.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I farmed KT enough on PC to get the Bows / Armor pieces I wanted, then did the same for PS4 (got a fantastic LBG). Have no interest in doing more KT.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Started farming the actual stuff I needed now that I'm done with behemoth, did Greatest Jagras a couple of times for event stuff, didn't drop tickets though, was surprisingly "hard", carted a few times one of his attacks apparently does so much damage I die even through block? That or it ignores blocks not sure but that shit was nasty, still an easy kill though since he gets knocked down for 10mins.

Then started the AT elder farming shit, started with Nergigante because it looked like the least annoying of the ones I have left, took a dozen or so wipes before I killed him, once he started the whole "I'm gonna run to the sleeping area but really fucking slow one zone by one zone" I just fucking destroyed him by charging his ass constantly with my lance, with Master's Touch the main downside of the charge doesn't exist, just pile on damage while moving between zones so he just keeps leaving to the next one and taking more dmg. Roughest part is the shit in the lava areas.

Then I remembered it wasn't Nergigante I needed for gear so went to try Kushala and one shot him, which was a bit unexpected, has like no hp for an AT boss. Got the belt so I have more or less final gear, now just need to farm them and kill the others I hadn't, as well as do a few random shit events. Plenty of time to go though since I still need to wait for the Appreciation festival shit to come back and that's the last one.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you soloing the AT Elders, or grouping up for them?

I'm thinking maybe I just need to solo them a shit load until I git gud.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've grouped up for all the AT's. Spent a few hours doing SoS runs for AT Xeno, finally finished getting the 3 pieces I wanted + the Commission layered armor, too bad it was for PC.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are you soloing the AT Elders, or grouping up for them?

I'm thinking maybe I just need to solo them a shit load until I git gud.
I personally solo everything(besides KT obv), I feel like you often don't get to learn much in parties cause it's either shitters who cart 20secs into a fight to the most basic shit or good players who stun/stagger lock shit and you kinda don't get to do too much. Matter of taste though obviously since MH is largely a multiplayer franchise, I'm just not a fan.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think I am going to fire it up this weekend and start farming shit in preparation.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also I had to travel a lot for work the past few weeks and Generations Ultimate on the Switch was badass for that. The first 7 hours of tutorial stuff sucked dick though. Even reading guides and knowing what to do you still had to do all of it. Once you're past that it was great. Even with all the QOL inconveniences it had. It does have a TON more shit to deal with. Like the styles and super moves and whatnot.

With my Charge Blade and Heavy Bow/Light Bow Gun at my side! Iceborne gonna be lit.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While trying to get 3 pieces of Xeno Gamma armor yesterday I noticed some odd interactions between HBG + Shield Mod + Guard deco, plus Mantles. While I had the Temporal Mantle on, but not attacking (facing the mob), I would block (+take dmg) attacks instead of avoiding them. So, will Shield/Guard supersede the Temporal Mantle effect? The Mantle would work normally if I got hit while firing the HBG.

Also, I noticed that some of the big AoE attacks (ground eruptions) from Xeno would completely bypass Shield/Guard, even though it would work on the same attacks at times. My guess is that if the attack originates a certain distance behind you, it will connect? The Rocksteady Mantle also seemed a bit unreliable vs. Xeno, as I would still be effected by some roars and tremors.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Block does work over temporal(I assume so you can decide to block stuff you'd want to, maybe because they don't make a difference between normal blocks and riposte blocks from lance), and HBG blocks by default for some reason, so yeah that happens. I've had it happen yesterday too when I was farming AT Zorah.

And yesh block is directional, and some attacks hit behind you depending on positionning. The big windup attack from Nergi where he gets up on his back legs then punches the ground really hard for example, if you're close to him in melee range, he'll hit behind you and you have to turn around as a lancer to block that(or use power guard which is multidirectional, but you take more damage then and this one hurts quite a bit on AT Nergi).

Not sure on rocksteady though, I thought it blocked everything but it's been a while, and I haven't tested AT xeno yet, have him and Lunastra to do for the first time still(and still have to farm nergi 4times and zorah once for tickets, done with kushala that one was dumb easy).

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
While trying to get 3 pieces of Xeno Gamma armor yesterday I noticed some odd interactions between HBG + Shield Mod + Guard deco, plus Mantles. While I had the Temporal Mantle on, but not attacking (facing the mob), I would block (+take dmg) attacks instead of avoiding them. So, will Shield/Guard supersede the Temporal Mantle effect? The Mantle would work normally if I got hit while firing the HBG.

Also, I noticed that some of the big AoE attacks (ground eruptions) from Xeno would completely bypass Shield/Guard, even though it would work on the same attacks at times. My guess is that if the attack originates a certain distance behind you, it will connect? The Rocksteady Mantle also seemed a bit unreliable vs. Xeno, as I would still be effected by some roars and tremors.

As far as blocking roar goes, there is 2 different types normal roars(Rathian,Rathalos, Doggo, Diablos) and Elder Dragon roars you need a higher level ear plug too block(It's not like normal monster hunter, were the earplug ability covers all roars), it was a interesting way too seperate the Elders from the plebs.

Shield + guard deco has always been a weird combination when using HBG and Lance, I've always gone elemental/free element when doing HBG as the shield is just so damn OP even at base levels.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just fired this up again last night. God damn I have forgotten so much and my gear is probably shit. Greatest Jagras for decorations you say?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Going to be a lot of catching up to do this weekend! I haven't even done behemoth!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Supposedly the laviasioth event next week(for PC, I think it's already up for PS4) is better than greatest jagras for decos. Jagras drops like 20 decos though, it's just annoying having to pick them up mid fight. You also still get a free attack deco for logging in atm, not sure how long but might be worth doing that quickly since the weekly changes are in a few hours(might not be going away today but worth just logging in, accepting your shit and logging out).

Finished Zorah farming so that's 2 ATs done, started Xenojiva, pretty easy too. Only one I'm dreading is Lunastra, I remember her being quite a bitch tempered already. And I guess I still need to kill Nergi again a few times which might take some wipes. After that just random event shit like USJ and whatever else left for me, and maybe try AT KT to get the armor.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well I am going to do a ton to farm up gear and items for my hbg, lbg, and charge blade builds and get all catch up on the content I missed over the past few months. Forgot how much fun I had in this game lol. But... so rusty, so terrible. Need a bunch of tempereds and lunastra and stuff.

Witcher, Behemoth, silly items and all that nonsense. Some more kulve taroth you name it. Going to be a good time to do this while I work on a project for my masters.