Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am so excited for this I'm going to burn so many hours and iceborne man

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a way to get rid of the FF14 music in Astera before you finally kill Behemoth? Its not awful, but I'd prefer not to have it on all the time.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had the same question, and it seems the answer is no.

Since I don't know that I'll ever get a shot at beating him (fucker is hard), it sounds like I'm stuck with it forever.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Finally picked this one up in the Steam summer sale, as I had been waiting for a price drop for forever.

Already 50 hours in, and now I'm starting to prep for Behemoth. Seems kind of intimidating though because from the sounds of it, it's a bring your own group kind of affair.

I'm working on the set in the Reddit meta thread to solo farm for parts, but it kind of feels like cheating.

You on PC?

I need to get back into this. Get a feel for it again. Combat is so different from Dauntless I probably suck ass at this point. My gear should power me thru most fights I assume for now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, figure I'll just work on getting into tempered monsters and maybe eventually I'll have enough augments to roll him.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I got back into this game recently. Finally finished the main quest, and farmed some elder dragons for the best armor and weapons I can craft right now and I am sitting at HR49. I am farming up tempered investigations from kirin because I guess that's a thing to do before you advance.

The dual tempered carpet bomber fight that soft caps you at HR29 was making me rethink life a little.

I play dual blades and not sure where to go from here in terms of getting gooder+

I tried the Behemoth fight solo and I was running out of time so I abandoned the quest.

Any good resources or guides for tackling purple/ tempered crap? Or is it expected that you are supposed to either just get hurt real bad or group up to advance at this point.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got back into this game recently. Finally finished the main quest, and farmed some elder dragons for the best armor and weapons I can craft right now and I am sitting at HR49. I am farming up tempered investigations from kirin because I guess that's a thing to do before you advance.

The dual tempered carpet bomber fight that soft caps you at HR29 was making me rethink life a little.

I play dual blades and not sure where to go from here in terms of getting gooder+

I tried the Behemoth fight solo and I was running out of time so I abandoned the quest.

Any good resources or guides for tackling purple/ tempered crap? Or is it expected that you are supposed to either just get hurt real bad or group up to advance at this point.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I got into High Rank, loving the game, but then after getting through Anjanath, and farming up all the high rank gear to that point, I was still getting ass pounded. It was like the high rank gear wasn't doing shit to bolster my defenses. Even with full tank set from the roly polly in the Nether place, I still get shit stained if I'm not careful. You'd think after getting high rank gear (alpha or beta) you'd be able to withstand some heat.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't sit at HR49, get yourself to HR50 so you can start doing all the events which are live right now on all platforms. They are a great way to get new armor sets with good perks and slots. Do your absolute best to get the Temporal Mantle, doing so could be very difficult, but if you're on PC right now I imagine there will be a lot of people willing answer an SoS. The Temporal Mantle series of missions starts with the Special Assignment called "The Blazing Sun". Also, try to finish ALL the optional quests up to and including the 8* optionals, this will unlock a new optional mission that will be useful to crafting some nice weapons (Lunastra weapons).

Once you have the Temporal Mantle, farm the hell out of "The Greatest Jagras" Event mission, it'll only be around for another week (gets replaced with a similar quest, but shittier mob - Lavasioth). This mission can net you 32+ decorations or more per run. It is an AMAZING way to get the decorations you may want. Try to craft a set of gear that has a lot of Slots, even if the innate perks aren't that great for you. You can fill those slots with useful survival decorations like Vitality / Divine Protection, both can help you survive a few hits.

If you can, try to find a Kulve Taroth session, look for some on Twitch. Read up a bit on the event, then farm it until you can craft the Beta Chest and the Gamma Legs. Doing so will could also get you some of the best weapons in the game (pure RNG though).

If you want to watch come guided, I would suggest watching stuff by Arekkz Gaming and TheGameEconomist, but have excellent guides about everything dealing with MHW.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Thanks for the info!

I can feel my desire to get pulped by giant beasts returning. I might not be the sharpest tool, but I am definitely a tool, there is no denying that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
PC release is January 2020. Delay's not as bad as the original, still several months though. Guess I'll just be waiting.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some IGN Videos of gameplay vs. Variants for Tobi Kadachi (Viper Tobi-Kadachi) / Paolumu (Nightshade Paolumu) / Pukei Pukei (Coral Pukei Pukei). The vid starts with Nightshade, and has links to the other two.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
PC release is January 2020. Delay's not as bad as the original, still several months though. Guess I'll just be waiting.
Not that I needed the motivation for it, but it does give a good reason to do all the events right now. KT weapons still worthwhile for another 5 months.

Been playing the shit out of this still. Up to HR72 now. Got my full Drachen set, and working on all the optionals now. KT only really for the weekends due to how long it takes sometimes. Still need to get some farming of the AT elders, as well as more and more decoration farming.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A showcase of the armor sets we'll have early on in Iceborne, no skills shown, just the style:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Took me a week to get back to original form in MHW...

30 super arched tempered pussy eating dick swangin' Nerigante attempts...2 kills. ALWAYS someone wants to play aggressive because they "know" the fight.. Always some mele that gets killed on his reverse dive. Always someone dying 3rd phase when his attacks come at you more. Just want one more kill so I can complete the set!

Clipboard01.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah booted this up yesterday for the first time in a while, want to do the event shit and all the fights I haven't done. Had to start with Behemoth cause of the armor though, but goddamn do I suck at killing this fucker, I remember wiping a bunch at some point when it was released and it didn't get much better. Granted I'm trying to solo it so that doesn't make it that easy but still.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Wait till master rank, a lot of people are going too be turned off by it, cause G-rank level monsters armor/weapons help, but knowing monster patterns is the requirement of killing them.