Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I wanted to like MHW so much. Something about the game just isn't clicking with me tho.

I see these crazy Japanese players do all sorts of moves and I have trouble just attacking lol

Baby steps my friend. Decide on a playstyle and improve one step at a time. Eventually your awesome builds just come together. Even a player as terribad as I am can get sup 10 mins on arch-tempered monsters!

I would just suggest avoiding weapons like Longsword, Chargeblade and Hammer from out the gate. The reasons being that Longsword requires fairly good play (getting lots of hits and and not getting hit) to really shine. Chargeblade requires to play defensively but also know when to charge and when to use the charges. Hammer just gets frustrating when monsters get bigger and you're chasing around some feet until you improve with some advanced tactics. But a lot of that is better in Iceborne.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Ok Boys, I know if a game can hold Utnayan Utnayan and Hatorade Hatorade attention this long it has to be good, so I am not done yet. I am going to try it with MKB, maybe the camera was bothering me with a controller because I am so out of practice with controllers. Cameras don't typically bother me with KBM. Going to find time over the next day or two to do some tweaking, I will be back in the New Year with a report.

Hoping this guide helps...

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So for Iceborne's release next week, I take it I'll need to power through the story again on PC as my previous save was PS4? God that's going to suck balls as I had like 80 hours on the campaign iirc

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So for Iceborne's release next week, I take it I'll need to power through the story again on PC as my previous save was PS4? God that's going to suck balls as I had like 80 hours on the campaign iirc

There's some shit you can do to transfer saves from PS4 to PC. @a_skeleton_00 did it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think I've seen anyone say you can transfer saves. You can however either use a generic save that has the story complete and then edit your character in(you can edit appearance/name, I think only gender is a bit shitty so you'd need the right one), or you can rush the story and edit the save to skip the whole gearing process and get all decos/armor you had before, this kind of stuff. But not a 1:1 PS4 save conversion, at least not a while ago and I doubt people worked on it in the past couple of months.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Oblio Oblio lets play tonight, MR is stressing me out and I get to practice some HBG.
I don't want to waste your time until I have my controls all set, key binds on this game suck because nothing can be empty, which is so fucking dumb when I am using my mouse to control the camera. It's like the people that made the game have never used a KBM let alone a Gaming Pad.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Okay, game looks absolutely awesome on pc with unlimited frames on a big monitor. Just going to play through again and rush the story, the defender armor seems really good anyways

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok Boys, I know if a game can hold Utnayan Utnayan and Hatorade Hatorade attention this long it has to be good, so I am not done yet. I am going to try it with MKB, maybe the camera was bothering me with a controller because I am so out of practice with controllers. Cameras don't typically bother me with KBM. Going to find time over the next day or two to do some tweaking, I will be back in the New Year with a report.

Hoping this guide helps...

If you want to group up just let me know...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Okay, game looks absolutely awesome on pc with unlimited frames on a big monitor. Just going to play through again and rush the story, the defender armor seems really good anyways
If you rush without farming with the defender gear it should be pretty quick yeah, there's defender weapons too. Then once you're at endgame you just unlock your mantles and you can edit the vendor to sell materials and decorations so you can get your stuff fixed quickly. I think only issue is getting HR100 for the quest stuff but that might also be editable. Definitely doable to get fully ready for the expansion even starting now.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The defender dual blades are god damn Chainswords.

Which is badass. Space Marine cosplay! Cheating mats and decorations kind of makes the game pointless. Why even play if you aren't going to hunt for items and gear?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Leave the area and come back?

I was able to complete the Ancient Forest quest but in the open field they still attack me so ??? Also haven’t found any doodles in the Rotten Vale oddly enough.

Had my first multiplayer experience fighting deviljno. One of the players was using an Insect Glaive and seemed to be playing a completely different game than me. Had to just start laughing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was able to complete the Ancient Forest quest but in the open field they still attack me so ??? Also haven’t found any doodles in the Rotten Vale oddly enough.

Had my first multiplayer experience fighting deviljno. One of the players was using an Insect Glaive and seemed to be playing a completely different game than me. Had to just start laughing.

Lol, for sure. Insect glaive I have not used a lot. The aerial stuff is cool but you need a lot of consumables and be very good at that to actually make decent use of jumping around.

I don't like using Longsword on Deviljho myself.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Lol, for sure. Insect glaive I have not used a lot. The aerial stuff is cool but you need a lot of consumables and be very good at that to actually make decent use of jumping around.

I don't like using Longsword on Deviljho myself.

I think maybe this gets back to yours and others saying Defender gear ruins the game in that since I can just power through it there’s no thought in the what or why? I feel like I’m just skipping over a bunch of skills or game mechanics because it doesn’t matter. Maybe other weapons would be better but since I don’t fail then how would I know. I did feel pretty worthless fighting him as I felt I could never get close enough to keep the combos going.