Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It is also the greatest tragedy that the Bezelguese Armor is one of the like 5 armors that isn't layered from Guiding Lands mats. That is my favorite armorset!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
And after all that Barioth is promptly pushing my shit in. The dude is on crack, wtf.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Got to expansion content last night. Killed the snow fish guy and I already hate the cold, lol. Looking forward to finally working on gear and stuff.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
And after all that Barioth is promptly pushing my shit in. The dude is on crack, wtf.

For real dude. I was running Longsword and I switched to Lance JUST for that asshole lol.

Me fighting Barioth yelling at the TV, "WILL YOU SIT THE FUCK STILL FOR ONE GOD DAMN SECOND!!?!?!?! FUCK!."

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
For real dude. I was running Longsword and I switched to Lance JUST for that asshole lol.

Me fighting Barioth yelling at the TV, "WILL YOU SIT THE FUCK STILL FOR ONE GOD DAMN SECOND!!?!?!?! FUCK!."

The most annoying thing is that I just made my Crimson Viperfang which should paralyze him if I consistently hit him right? But I can't fucking hit him, argghhh...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The most annoying thing is that I just made my Crimson Viperfang which should paralyze him if I consistently hit him right? But I can't fucking hit him, argghhh...

If you break his arms he becomes way easier. He just slides out of his dashes and can't do much very effectively. Focus on that. Dat hip check tho!

Procs don't work like you'd think from WoW or EQ. Consistently hitting a monster creates buildup which eventually triggers the effect. But you are correct with the Viperfang you will certainly paralyze a monster several times during a fight.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Just a quest or two later, enter Tigrex. If Barioth is on crack, then Tigrex took some PCP. Not to mention that him jumping past you and bumping into you means half your HP is gone.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If you break his arms he becomes way easier. He just slides out of his dashes and can't do much very effectively. Focus on that. Dat hip check tho!

Procs don't work like you'd think from WoW or EQ. Consistently hitting a monster creates buildup which eventually triggers the effect. But you are correct with the Viperfang you will certainly paralyze a monster several times during a fight.

Oh I get that which is why I'm saying that by my not hitting him I'm not going to eventually paralyze him which gives me then more hits. In looking at some LS kills of Barioth on youtube it seems they are either way better geared than I am or way better at timing the fade slash to avoid hits. Probably a mixture of both.

Just a quest or two later, enter Tigrex. If Barioth is on crack, then Tigrex took some PCP. Not to mention that him jumping past you and bumping into you means half your HP is gone.

Sounds fun :)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tigrex was a bitch. I had zero problems with him compared to Barioth. One shot with my LS.

Most of the LS kills of monsters revolve around just being extremely good with the fade slash and ia counterattack slash (which is hard as fuck to use well).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Grinding lands is better with friends! Mainly because all the monsters have group HP solo or not.

They don't, they have scaling hp like everywhere else. Might bug out if people leave and join not too sure but I've been doing it solo and the fights take the normal amount of time(about 10mins, some longer due to bullshit, some shorter when there's shit going down with multiple monsters beating on my target and stuff).

Really loving switch axe after the changes it's just a fun weapon to use now.

Also made a crappy rathian(not gold just the one before) longsword and that weapon is still mostly busted, the dodge makes everything easier and damage output is a lot more consistent with iai cancels inbetween the otherwise slow as fuck animations after spirit slash and helmbreaker.

Checked IG out but seems fairly similar to before, the clutch claw is clunky like it is on Lance and overall doesn't seem like it was buffed right. It's fun to do aerials but gathering buffs still sucks and now you also have to consume ammo to power up your kinsect.

Oh and light weapons feel like shit, I hate not getting wounded parts on the first hit. The longsword attack at least is pretty quick but the IG one looks just as slow as heavy weapons, so it's annoying to land.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
They don't, they have scaling hp like everywhere else. Might bug out if people leave and join not too sure but I've been doing it solo and the fights take the normal amount of time(about 10mins, some longer due to bullshit, some shorter when there's shit going down with multiple monsters beating on my target and stuff).

Really loving switch axe after the changes it's just a fun weapon to use now.

Also made a crappy rathian(not gold just the one before) longsword and that weapon is still mostly busted, the dodge makes everything easier and damage output is a lot more consistent with iai cancels inbetween the otherwise slow as fuck animations after spirit slash and helmbreaker.

Checked IG out but seems fairly similar to before, the clutch claw is clunky like it is on Lance and overall doesn't seem like it was buffed right. It's fun to do aerials but gathering buffs still sucks and now you also have to consume ammo to power up your kinsect.

Oh and light weapons feel like shit, I hate not getting wounded parts on the first hit. The longsword attack at least is pretty quick but the IG one looks just as slow as heavy weapons, so it's annoying to land.

If it wasn't a bug that Jagras had a ton of HP for solo...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If it wasn't a bug that Jagras had a ton of HP for solo...
They might have higher base for smaller monsters, I guess? I didn't really notice Jagras being particularily different than MR Jagras, but MR Jagras is a lot tankier than HR jagras was(even with relevant gear) so maybe that's that. I did Kulu and Tzitzi and they kinda exploded as you'd expect, although similarly they still has more relative health than HR versions which died in like 30seconds.

But I've been killing everything in there solo and it's about what you'd expect, same as outside as far as I can tell.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Best.....
Game......
EVER!.........

Since Steam is doing maintenance. Enjoy your boy Brahma in action!

AAAAAAA.jpg
bcdnbcbnbn.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg
fgfsfsa.jpg
ghggfdg.jpg
ghhgdgh.jpg
hjhjhjhjhjj.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Would just buying the base game and working through that content be fine to avoid potentially wasting money on iceborne if I don't stick with it? Or does iceborne provide things that would make the base content better to go through?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Would just buying the base game and working through that content be fine to avoid potentially wasting money on iceborne if I don't stick with it? Or does iceborne provide things that would make the base content better to go through?
Iceborne does provide things, mostly weapon changes and the new claw, but you can just play the base game fine since it wasn't balanced around the new shit anyway(and with the defender catch up gear it kinda doesn't matter either way). So find the game on sale and try just that, there's plenty of content to go through anyway so if you find out you like it 10hours in you can just buy Iceborne(which probably won't price drop for a while since it sells well, the base game was kinda slow to drop too).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What's this I hear about an expansion to MHW?????????????

Welcome to August 2019 bro

@Dom Iceborne provides a lot of new weapon mechanics that fill in the gaps of certain weapons. Definitely adds a ton to the gameplay. But if you end up just not liking it it is probably a wasted amount.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man I didn't expect Kirin changes, loaded up a tasty 4gold 1silver investigation and got carted 3times in a row like an idiot, on Lance no less. Had to slap in a bunch of defensive shit(stun immunity and some thunder resist, as well as actually putting maintenance jewel in lightning mantle) and tried again this time on a shitty investigation and killed him without carting once, so large part was just being a fucking idiot about the new/improved skills. He has a ton of multihits now, doing counters is basically begging to block a lightning and get hit by 3more right after, so it's power guard/normal block all the way now. Considering how easy he was in vanilla I think the changes are good, just the other elders I've done only had like one new move or so, but he has a couple and several of his old moves were modified to be less shit.

Still no elder gem though after like 12 elder dragon kills with 3+ gold boxes which is annoying, I just need one for teostra helm. I mean I don't need need it, atm using teostra chest because it's better since I don't have brute tigrex yet but it'd be nice. That's the annoying thing about GL, while you fight a ton of stuff, a lot of the drops are replaced by the GL shit. Had to go do some acid glavenus to get monster solidbones cause I ran out and this one was quite a shitshow too, 1cart only and 15mins, and the moment I start it there's picklejoe just walking in front of me, had to chase acid glavenus while being chased by jho all around the place benny hill style.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I played the ever loving fuck out of the base game and thought I had no desire to go back. Then I watched a few streams and am getting the fucking itch again.

But what is this shit about a gadget that attaches you to the side of the monster and then makes them run away and hit walls? That seems like cheating.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Best game ever. BUT the camera takes a bit of getting used to. IB adds sooooo many quality of life improvements. Makes the base game look bleh. That being said...

GlassSeriousEkaltadeta-size_restricted.gif

• 1Like