Monster Hunter: World

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I played the ever loving fuck out of the base game and thought I had no desire to go back. Then I watched a few streams and am getting the fucking itch again.

But what is this shit about a gadget that attaches you to the side of the monster and then makes them run away and hit walls? That seems like cheating.

Cutch claw. You can use it to weaken monster parts and when the monster is in a right state you can flinch shot if you have slinger ammo. Knocking them into a wall.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The Guiding Lands seem like a massive pain in the ass to level up. I managed to find Zinogre but now I have to slowly level each area up and I'm not sure I'm into it.

I've been mainly playing Hammer, Lance and HBG through Iceborne. Loving Hammer right now.

I'm kinda finding it hard to find a good endgame lance set though, it seems like it's all about proccing elemental shit these days.

What mantles are you all using? I'm still using the Vitality and Temporal as a holdover from HR, but I'm not sure the Vitality mantle really matters anymore seeing as it only blocks one or two hits at most.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it does take for fucking ever to grind up. However if you have not started using lures do so now. Because you can at least farm monsters you want with them. I believe the elementals is most important with dual blades/bow. You probably would be best served with an ailment lance build.

Since you have to be in the Grinding Lands so long I got for whatever kills shit the fastest. Which is spread hbg build. Zinogre HBG with a pretty easy and convenient spread build just wrecks anything in there in like 10 minutes up until tempered. Do recommend.

I tend to use Temporal mantle and the element ones usually. I got myself killed because of Rocksteady a lot so I kind of stopped using it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Janx Janx Brahma Brahma couldn’t sleep last night so caught up to you guys in guiding lands, hit rank 5 and completed the MR unlock quest. Be cool to get a fourth!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The Guiding Lands seem like a massive pain in the ass to level up. I managed to find Zinogre but now I have to slowly level each area up and I'm not sure I'm into it.

I've been mainly playing Hammer, Lance and HBG through Iceborne. Loving Hammer right now.

I'm kinda finding it hard to find a good endgame lance set though, it seems like it's all about proccing elemental shit these days.

What mantles are you all using? I'm still using the Vitality and Temporal as a holdover from HR, but I'm not sure the Vitality mantle really matters anymore seeing as it only blocks one or two hits at most.
I use temporal for making weak points and flinch shots then gliding for the decos since it lasts for so long and short cooldown.
Groups I use health booster+
Dangerous hunts I switch to the elemental protection ones, easy ones I switch to impact.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I've just started working on that HBG now, Zinogre is a pain in the ass lol.

I need so much Acidic Glavenus too it's not even funny.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
How much healing do you all typically bring? Had a lot of work yesterday so only got one Barioth attempt in but I feel like I failed because I ran out of healing. My usual loadout is 10 Mega, 2 Max, the Vitality Mantle and Healing Charm. I also pop a demondrug and armorskin before the fight. Pretty sure I just need to "do better" but just want to make sure I'm not missing something easy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How is Bow these days on PC? I was using it last time I played.
It got a shit ton of nerfs and... is still probably one of the best weapons in the game. They buffed elemental damage a ton and bow is basically king of that with DB, so yeah. It didn't get much new stuff though, only the claw shit I think, so it's one of the "more of the same" weapons.

How much healing do you all typically bring? Had a lot of work yesterday so only got one Barioth attempt in but I feel like I failed because I ran out of healing. My usual loadout is 10 Mega, 2 Max, the Vitality Mantle and Healing Charm. I also pop a demondrug and armorskin before the fight. Pretty sure I just need to "do better" but just want to make sure I'm not missing something easy.
10 mega pots, 2max pots, 1 ancient pot, and on Lance I have the healing pod cause it's nice now that it's upgraded and I can't use most other mantles well anyway. The ancient pot is mostly for rebuffing if I cart early though so it's not really needed most of the time. It isn't uncommon to run out of healing on tough fights especially first time or if your gear is lagging behind, luckily in MHW you can just go back to camp and get more shit so shouldn't be an issue. In a typical hunt I'll only use 3-4mega pots and 1 max pot or so even without the healing pod(on switch axe and stuff).

If you meant full setup, I also have mega demondrug and armorskin, might seeds, nulberries(both uncapped so I can pick up more if I find some), flash pods and trap/tranq. For elder dragons I replace trap tranq with mega barrel bombs and demon dust. I had more heavy setups before the expansion but for example I haven't really needed to use flash pods in like, well most of the expansion really, so I don't carry bugs to make more, I don't bother recrafting potions I just run out of the fight if I need which happens rarely, I don't carry bleed or poison removal and only take them when I know I'll fight a monster with these, or I would if I remembered so most of the time these fights can suck, at least bleed can be removed but fighting poison fucks with no poison isn't great.

Last edited:

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>

I tend to bring 10 potions, 10 megas, 2 Max, 10 honey, 5 nullberries, Vitality Mantle, Temporal Mantle, Armorskin, Demon Drug, 2 Dust of Life, meat, flashes, dung and the rest is trapping shit.

There's no point in having more than 1 or 2 empty spots really, unless you're wanting to gather specific things. I also have another set with an ancient potion just in case I die and I'll occasionally switch in a farcaster if it's a fight where I feel like I need it to survive for whatever reason.

I'd bring 10 honey and 10 potions though, you can quick craft them all into megas with the new radial menu 'craft all' feature.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
What is everyone cultivating? I've been cultivating Gloamgrass, Mandragoras and Honey x2

I feel like I should be doing more with the extra honey slot so I want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

10 mega/2max/1ancient potion for carting/10 nullberry/5 herbal medicine/mega demondrug/demonpowder/mightseed/2 dust of life/pitfall trap/shock trap/2x trap tool and thunderbug/2x Mega Barrel Bomb/well done steak

I keep armorcharm and powercharm and the improved versions. Then buy the inferior ones again for 4 slots but added boost.

I use mega demon drug/might seed/demon powder... no defensive consumes.

Steam engine mini game gives you tons and tons of ancient potions btw. tons of other shit as well.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What is everyone cultivating? I've been cultivating Gloamgrass, Mandragoras and Honey x2

I feel like I should be doing more with the extra honey slot so I want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.
I did gloam grass for a bit but now that I have like 700 of them and I have yet to use one I switched back to standard stuff, atm might seeds since I dipped to like 400 after using a bunch every hunt, but it's really whatever you need at the time.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I did gloam grass for a bit but now that I have like 700 of them and I have yet to use one I switched back to standard stuff, atm might seeds since I dipped to like 400 after using a bunch every hunt, but it's really whatever you need at the time.

Shit yeah I completely forgot about Might and Adamant seeds, I went through a ton before iceborne came out.

I'm getting my shit pushed in by Zinogre atm, I feel like I need to smarten up against that fucker.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Shit yeah I completely forgot about Might and Adamant seeds, I went through a ton before iceborne came out.

I'm getting my shit pushed in by Zinogre atm, I feel like I need to smarten up against that fucker.

Also. When you knock him over use the bugnet to get the Fulgurbug mats. They glow around his back but you can only capture them when he gets knocked down.

Zinogre is the most badass looking monster there is though.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Also. When you knock him over use the bugnet to get the Fulgurbug mats. They glow around his back but you can only capture them when he gets knocked down.

Zinogre is the most badass looking monster there is though.

Thanks for the tip, that would have driven me nuts.

The mounting music for Zinogre is fucking amazing:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Depending how much space you have in your loadout you could carry some potions and honey to make mega potions on the fly too if it came to that. Or just run/fly/farcast to a camp and restock.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Depending how much space you have in your loadout you could carry some potions and honey to make mega potions on the fly too if it came to that. Or just run/fly/farcast to a camp and restock.

I"m responding to you as your the most recent one but there's other mentions above as well, how do you stock extra pots at the camp? Doesn't it just load up a default set for the mission which is like 4 First Aid pots?

Overall it sounds like i should carry more stuff regardless as I try to leave open the bottom row to pick up more mats as I run by them but that's probably overkill.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Its really fast. Place 1 Geology decoration in your build, then go kill shit. Anything monster parts that drop get doubled, and I believe you also get more from gathering the GL specific materials. Together, they speed up the process a lot.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Not sure you need to worry about Mega Pots anymore, as long as you do the Steamworks you'll never run out. I rotate 2 ammo herbs, while having Dust of Life mats going. When I see I'm getting lowish on Demondrug I make a few cycles of materials for it. Important to keep everything Fertilized and Growth Up.