Monster Hunter: World

Dodsengel

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have a ps4 pro? Care to comment if it's worth it? Thinking about picking up the bundle this weekend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I have a ps4 pro its nice its not a huge upgrade over the ps4, just tiny enough that over a lot of hours it makes a difference. Nice base for PSVR too since it runs that stuff better. I also have an xbox one X (and 1080ti PC) and the X is a bigger upgrade over the ps4 pro, like raw stats wise its nearly double the pro I think but the best game exclusives are on PS4, so you gotta weigh that.

If the ONLY game you will ever play is monster hunter I don't think the $100-200 difference is worth it, but if you will get PSN (you need to pay $40-60/yr to play online, no way around it) and play other great psn games the pro is worth it over the long haul. I don't think there is much danger of it getting obseleted out in 2018 or most of 2019 either, at best we'll see a PS4 Pro slim at E3 this year for holiday sales

There ARE however two revisions of the PS4 Pro - the OG 7000 model and the newer 7100 model which is quieter and has a better fan. The new one comes with the new Glacier white Pro (NOT the destiny 2 bundle), the Monster Hunter 4 bundle, and the battlefront 2 bundle. Gamestop and amazon both sell the BF2 PS4 Pro bundle for $399, a $50 discount, and its a 7100 revision so imo the best deal since the glacier white is the same price/model but gives you no free game
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consol...-battlefront-ii-limited-edition-bundle/155738

If you can find the monster hunter bundle (449) its worth it but its gamestop exclusive and sold out afaik

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Gamestop is still running that $50 trade in bonus if you have an older PS4/Xbone, got a 7100 from my local store as well(didn't even realize mine was a 7100 till I looked on the box, not part of a bundle).

Fedor

<Banned>
if you're getting the digital ps4 version there's a 10% coupon on the main store page that expires on 1/30

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
if you're getting the digital ps4 version there's a 10% coupon on the main store page that expires on 1/30
Doesn’t work on preorders but a good coupon none the less. Thanks. I’ll be using it on MHW the second it is no longer considered a preorder.

• 1Solidarity

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So that French guy got through the story in 40 hours and he skipped a ton of things. Didn't fight a lot of big name monsters such as Kirin and Azure Rathalos, didn't fight any of the harder "Tempered" versions of the monsters, plus had many investigation missions to do. So if you ever doubted the playtime just know you can easily be guaranteed 40 hours, but if you do any side quests or stop to smell the roses expect way more.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So that French guy got through the story in 40 hours and he skipped a ton of things. Didn't fight a lot of big name monsters such as Kirin and Azure Rathalos, didn't fight any of the harder "Tempered" versions of the monsters, plus had many investigation missions to do. So if you ever doubted the playtime just know you can easily be guaranteed 40 hours, but if you do any side quests or stop to smell the roses expect way more.

Hell yeah.

Dodsengel

Trakanon Raider
If you can find the monster hunter bundle (449) its worth it but its gamestop exclusive and sold out afaik

Didn't think it'd be sold out already but you're right. Can't get it online and I stopped in a gamestop last night only to be told they won't be getting any in store copies, only filling pre-orders. Probably just stick with the regular ps4 for now.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got it on Pre-Order via Amazon. So I guess I need to just wait until I get the disc.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do we have a list of everyones PSN to add? I assume we will be creating a guild in game to make match making easier. My PSN is Murked-187-. Took Friday/Monday off so looking to kill many monsters!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
@Amod to assist us in getting everyones PSN Name in an easy to view place.

Adding your exophase PSN card like I have in the bottom left is one way.