Monster Hunter: World

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Guiding lands is only for augs and fashion armor. Still need tempered investigation for the better armorsets. And unlock some monsters.

Based on the wiki isn't tempered Gold Rathian only available at lvl 6-7? Is that only available once you've done the investigation? Such as I have the Tempered Kirin one now.? Speaking of which, what a pain in the ass that guy is. Tried him once last night and I just turned off the game after that. LOL.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Brando do you play solo mainly? If so you really want to start grouping imo.

I fail quests a bit grouped but I fail them all the time solo. Kirin is an asshole. I can beat him solo but takes 3 times the time than in a group.

italica

Trakanon Raider
Based on the wiki isn't tempered Gold Rathian only available at lvl 6-7? Is that only available once you've done the investigation? Such as I have the Tempered Kirin one now.? Speaking of which, what a pain in the ass that guy is. Tried him once last night and I just turned off the game after that. LOL.

Regular Gold Rath can show up starting at level 6 wildspire area, tempered at 7 I think?. Once you hit the appropriate level it's random when it'll show up. I jumped between expedition locales until I had a ??? mark monster appear to get it to show up in my guiding lands once I had the level.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Kirin is where having Guard Up truly shines. Because you can block his otherwise unblockable triple zap. Makes the flight way more pleasant.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Brando do you play solo mainly? If so you really want to start grouping imo.

I fail quests a bit grouped but I fail them all the time solo. Kirin is an asshole. I can beat him solo but takes 3 times the time than in a group.

I try to solo the first kill and then will do groups for farming. Though when I get stuck I will finally give in and SOS but honestly for whatever reason those usually fail as well as I can't think of a first kill I had where it wasn't solo sans Behemoth.

As far as Kirin, I've obviously killed him before and I only tried to kill the tempered version the one time but it's kind of funny how different the versions can be. I don't remember regular Kirin being anywhere near this annoying. He barely stays still for me to hit and the zaps seem to cover a huge area.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I try to solo the first kill and then will do groups for farming. Though when I get stuck I will finally give in and SOS but honestly for whatever reason those usually fail as well as I can't think of a first kill I had where it wasn't solo sans Behemoth.

As far as Kirin, I've obviously killed him before and I only tried to kill the tempered version the one time but it's kind of funny how different the versions can be. I don't remember regular Kirin being anywhere near this annoying. He barely stays still for me to hit and the zaps seem to cover a huge area.

Yeah fair enough. SOS will fail, but sometimes it's nice to farm SOS's that are 8-9 minutes old to get mats quickly.

For Kirin, thunderproof mantle, vitality mantle together will help a lot. Thunder resist all the way up and use a nice fire weapon (If you're playing something where that matters). With DB, I would often just do the spinny move through him most of the time. It took awhile, but I managed to kill the tempered solo (just because I wanted to say I did so). Once you do it enough you start to read the telegraphs so well that you can avoid most things. Also, you can take a Demondrug/Armorskin to help out if needed as well.

Like everything else in MH, it just takes time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

I got slapped when I did Kirin MR first time, he is fairly different than original Kirin, not like too much but the patterns are different and he does more stuff, so yeah not too surprising. After the first fail though I killed him without an issue just from learning what he was doing, he's not much harder than the original just need to know what he does and dodge accordingly, as usual you don't want to commit much on him, mostly just attack once in the head then run around to bait an attack then attack again and so on, it's the best way to deal with Kirin short of using explosives(sticky/gunlance etc) or bow and such.

Definitely eat for resists/slot some decos so you have 20+ lightning and/or get stun immunity(lightning res prevents lightning blight, which prevents instant stuns but you can still get stunned from getting ran over too many times), thunder mantle and just keep attacking the head until he falls over for damage window and it should work out fine. And always be at full life, if you get clipped by anything you want to heal first, because some of his hits are super strong. And generally avoid being in front, attack from the sides.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Question again about DB Weapons.

I have these two weapons for thunder element, and I'm not sure which one is better or why you would use one over the other. The Wunderkirins seem to be the far, far superior choice, though it's rarity 11 and the other is 12 which leads me to think that maybe the 12 is better? While the 12 has a slot, that doesn't seem to nearly outweigh the 210 additional element damage.

Please help me understand :)

1582099791886.png
1582099866653.png

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It is probably due to the much bigger sharpness. You hit a lot with DB so I would think that sharpness is really important.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Kirin is better for DB, because you want to scale elem. Kadachi is even better because of custom mods and more augments though. Basically until Safi DB and Bow the R10 weapons tend to be better because you can put more elem augments/custom mods on them.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Kirin is better for DB, because you want to scale elem. Kadachi is even better because of custom mods and more augments though. Basically until Safi DB and Bow the R10 weapons tend to be better because you can put more elem augments/custom mods on them.

That's just for DB and Bow though right? Gold Rath is R12 weapons which seems the best for a lot of the weapon types.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Yes I've got all the R10 weapons but not at the point of augmenting things yet, am leveling up GL still sadly.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's just for DB and Bow though right? Gold Rath is R12 weapons which seems the best for a lot of the weapon types.

For Longsword Luna and the Silver Rathalos ones are the best OUTSIDE of the Safi'Jiva ones which are retarded if you give them enough love and upgrades. My go to LS is Safi's Shatterblade.

Safi Jiva is the best weapon for all of them pretty much.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
For Longsword Luna and the Silver Rathalos ones are the best OUTSIDE of the Safi'Jiva ones which are retarded if you give them enough love and upgrades. My go to LS is Safi's Shatterblade.

Safi Jiva is the best weapon for all of them pretty much.

What is weird though is the supposed "number crunchers" for the game are adamant that the Gold Rathian LS is way better than anything due to poison procs with only the Magdaros sword coming close. The SJ sword is dragon damage which is supposedly garbage. Can you reroll the proc?

• 1Like

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
So are there any good tutorials on using LBG efficiently? I've always stuck to glaive and ds I want to learn something else.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm talking specifically about the LS. Can you re-roll the Safi weapon into poison damage better than the Gold Rathian?
All safi weapons are basically the best options once they're released with only a handful of exceptions and even these are borderlines. Safi weapons are highly customizable and can get high raw with high sharpness and whatever ailment you want(blast tends to be the main choice for raw weapons, although you can make a poison version for when a monster is resistant to blast).

On the element the reason R10s are better is they have more augment slots, which give more flat ele, which scales better. You can do like 5 ele augments on a R10, but only 3 on a R12. This goes out of the window with Safi too though as every element can be obtained as a Safi and then further increased by Safi element mods. I think only the Beotodus DB stays competitive for example.