Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
These guys are doing great work in my opinion. They actually show real progress on a regular basis, and they even let us watch them work on the game in their streams very often. It's like they are actually making a game unlike some other "game" that puts out a video once a year showing how they made a rock look more like a rock or show how they figured out how to move a slider on their light source.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Hopefully people temper expectations. The Q1 testing is only going to be a couple zones or so isn't it? They still have a long way to go, but it's an encouraging sign nonetheless.
It's also important that they have a playable game after 2 years of effort with all the fundamental bells and whistles of an EQ-like game.

I was asked what I thought about M&M recently, and I replied with the following (paraphrasing):

"... M&M is rough on the UI but it's expected given the current amount of time put into the game versus the UI art aesthetic.
[a UI like what M&M has] looks like that for an in-dev game.

Compared to competitors that have already done a UI pass and will have to redo theirs, M&M is putting functionality first, and being honest/transparent with what they have completed, and not trying to polish something that will have to be redone and cost more development time (and thus money) to be redone."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
pretty sure i heard sean on stream said the goal is to develop a prototype that gets funding, so decent strat... but how are these guys paying the bills atm?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
These guys are doing great work in my opinion. They actually show real progress on a regular basis, and they even let us watch them work on the game in their streams very often. It's like they are actually making a game unlike some other "game" that puts out a video once a year showing how they made a rock look more like a rock or show how they figured out how to move a slider on their light source.
Is the other ‘game’ PharoneQuest? Cause the progress on that has been shit lately.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Is the other ‘game’ PharoneQuest? Cause the progress on that has been shit lately.
We ran in to financial trouble. The game is looking for potential angel investors at this time with a preference on those that can provide cash as well as moz sticks.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
We ran in to financial trouble. The game is looking for potential angel investors at this time with a preference on those that can provide cash as well as moz sticks.

Did you try these guys?

1672757164426.png

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm gonna have those on deck for the play test. These guys are rugged and brave.

FULL SUPPORT. Sign me up for a cloth map tier at minimum.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Catch me three boxing Pantheon, EQ and M&M with my eyes rolled back in my head

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Nirgon watches old streams of Pantheon gameplay with an unplugged keyboard and mouse pretending to play like the little brother on an Xbox.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watch Shawn on Twitch and his EQ interviews on Youtube. I trust that this game is far more real than the other grifts out there.

What I have not seen yet is any originality. From what I can tell, this might as well be EQ re-imagined and I am not sure it will be superior to EQ in any way. Especially down to the classes, their abilities, and the gameplay loop.

I am definitely supportive of their efforts. I appreciate the old-school approach to developing a game on passion vs bilking supporters for funding. For that reason, I am content to be patient, sit back, and see what happens.

forehead

Trakanon Raider
I watch Shawn on Twitch and his EQ interviews on Youtube. I trust that this game is far more real than the other grifts out there.

What I have not seen yet is any originality. From what I can tell, this might as well be EQ re-imagined and I am not sure it will be superior to EQ in any way. Especially down to the classes, their abilities, and the gameplay loop.

I am definitely supportive of their efforts. I appreciate the old-school approach to developing a game on passion vs bilking supporters for funding. For that reason, I am content to be patient, sit back, and see what happens.
I think their originality isn't in their gameplay, but rather in their stated goals. MnM is a classic game with familiar classes/races/abilities for a niche audience that has been chasing that feel in every TLP/Emu for the last 20 years.

There's an audience that just likes the feeling of rolling a new character and grinding orcs in Crushbone over and over and over again. But when you log into modern EQ, everything looks like shit and its a huge turnoff. If they can capture the fun factors of 1-50 leveling and then expand horizontally, that would be great.

• 2Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
unfortunately, just like every mmo after early WoW, it's dead on arrival... fomo baked into reaching max level and the money to be made creating 3rd party content hampers the ability for any mmo these days to have a self evolving and rewarding community, which eq and early wow had.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
From what I can tell, this might as well be EQ re-imagined and I am not sure it will be superior to EQ in any way.

I think that's the point. It's EQ reimagined for people who are sick of playing the same zones on P99/Progression for the past two decades. Pantheon isn't EQ reimagined, it's Vanguard reimagined with some climbing mechanics. M&M also doesn't have lofty ideas about being some sort of commercial success, it's a passion project similar to Project Gorgon.

• 1Like