Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,300
20,269
Alright boys here it is. 95% vibe coded. MnM devs might HATE what I did here, but I use no live data (except what zone you're in, in player log file). These maps are not distributed or published in my repo, so the tool generates maps from the game files. A note on this, the first time you generate maps it's going to take some time - took my machine about 5-7 minutes; but you should only have to do that the first time.

M&M Cartographer v0.0.1 — zone maps that build themselves

A small map tool for Monsters & Memories. It renders zone maps from the game's own files on your machine, so there's no map pack to download and nothing to keep in sync with patches.

- Generates its own maps from your install — press a button, it finds the game and renders every zone
- Follows you between zones automatically as you play
- Drop markers for camps, named spawns, harvest nodes, merchants, exits, quests and anything else worth remembering
- Quest markers record requirements — level, class, faction
- Pair up teleporters so hovering one shows where it goes
- Single ~8 MB executable, Linux and Windows, no installer — put it anywhere

It only ever reads the game's log file to know which zone you're in. It doesn't touch the client, its memory, or its network traffic.

Repo: GitHub - Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer: Third-party map utility for Monsters & Memories.
Downloads: Releases · Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer

For the bros:Let me know if you find any issues/problems or have feature requests. I plan to add methods for community information importing in a future release, this is just the start.

Also if there are other tools you think might be useful let me know. DPS meters is doable, but breaks TOS 100% so I won't be doing it (requires screen scraping or reading in flight memory).
 
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,544
14,138
Alright boys here it is. 95% vibe coded. MnM devs might HATE what I did here, but I use no live data (except what zone you're in, in player log file). These maps are not distributed or published in my repo, so the tool generates maps from the game files. A note on this, the first time you generate maps it's going to take some time - took my machine about 5-7 minutes; but you should only have to do that the first time.

M&M Cartographer v0.0.1 — zone maps that build themselves

A small map tool for Monsters & Memories. It renders zone maps from the game's own files on your machine, so there's no map pack to download and nothing to keep in sync with patches.

- Generates its own maps from your install — press a button, it finds the game and renders every zone
- Follows you between zones automatically as you play
- Drop markers for camps, named spawns, harvest nodes, merchants, exits, quests and anything else worth remembering
- Quest markers record requirements — level, class, faction
- Pair up teleporters so hovering one shows where it goes
- Single ~8 MB executable, Linux and Windows, no installer — put it anywhere

It only ever reads the game's log file to know which zone you're in. It doesn't touch the client, its memory, or its network traffic.

Repo: GitHub - Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer: Third-party map utility for Monsters & Memories.
Downloads: Releases · Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer

For the bros:Let me know if you find any issues/problems or have feature requests. I plan to add methods for community information importing in a future release, this is just the start.

Also if there are other tools you think might be useful let me know. DPS meters is doable, but breaks TOS 100% so I won't be doing it (requires screen scraping or reading in flight memory).

Awesome, I'm curious what their reaction will be.
 

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
9,888
9,834
Alright boys here it is. 95% vibe coded. MnM devs might HATE what I did here, but I use no live data (except what zone you're in, in player log file). These maps are not distributed or published in my repo, so the tool generates maps from the game files. A note on this, the first time you generate maps it's going to take some time - took my machine about 5-7 minutes; but you should only have to do that the first time.

M&M Cartographer v0.0.1 — zone maps that build themselves

A small map tool for Monsters & Memories. It renders zone maps from the game's own files on your machine, so there's no map pack to download and nothing to keep in sync with patches.

- Generates its own maps from your install — press a button, it finds the game and renders every zone
- Follows you between zones automatically as you play
- Drop markers for camps, named spawns, harvest nodes, merchants, exits, quests and anything else worth remembering
- Quest markers record requirements — level, class, faction
- Pair up teleporters so hovering one shows where it goes
- Single ~8 MB executable, Linux and Windows, no installer — put it anywhere

It only ever reads the game's log file to know which zone you're in. It doesn't touch the client, its memory, or its network traffic.

Repo: GitHub - Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer: Third-party map utility for Monsters & Memories.
Downloads: Releases · Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer

For the bros:Let me know if you find any issues/problems or have feature requests. I plan to add methods for community information importing in a future release, this is just the start.

Also if there are other tools you think might be useful let me know. DPS meters is doable, but breaks TOS 100% so I won't be doing it (requires screen scraping or reading in flight memory).
How do you recheck go to live?
1791158235444.png
 
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,300
20,269
How do you recheck go to live?
View attachment 642803
Go to live just goes to whatever zone you're in. If it doesn't work let me know.

As for layers.. I'm looking into it. That's a bit more nuanced because to.make this i basically took all zone assets, flattened them and took a top down picture view of them.

It might have to be done on a zone by zone basis.
 

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
882
130
I want a cleric in every group. The proc is awesome.
Yeah I love this proc buff.
I’ve been getting groups almost instantly. Hit 12 a bit ago, can bank and train in NH, and had enough coin to get the important spells for 16 when I hit 12. So I’m pretty pleased with the day and half I had this weekend for launch.