Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,302
20,275
Alright boys here it is. 95% vibe coded. MnM devs might HATE what I did here, but I use no live data (except what zone you're in, in player log file). These maps are not distributed or published in my repo, so the tool generates maps from the game files. A note on this, the first time you generate maps it's going to take some time - took my machine about 5-7 minutes; but you should only have to do that the first time.

M&M Cartographer v0.0.1 — zone maps that build themselves

A small map tool for Monsters & Memories. It renders zone maps from the game's own files on your machine, so there's no map pack to download and nothing to keep in sync with patches.

- Generates its own maps from your install — press a button, it finds the game and renders every zone
- Follows you between zones automatically as you play
- Drop markers for camps, named spawns, harvest nodes, merchants, exits, quests and anything else worth remembering
- Quest markers record requirements — level, class, faction
- Pair up teleporters so hovering one shows where it goes
- Single ~8 MB executable, Linux and Windows, no installer — put it anywhere

It only ever reads the game's log file to know which zone you're in. It doesn't touch the client, its memory, or its network traffic.

Repo: GitHub - Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer: Third-party map utility for Monsters & Memories.
Downloads: Releases · Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer

For the bros:Let me know if you find any issues/problems or have feature requests. I plan to add methods for community information importing in a future release, this is just the start.

Also if there are other tools you think might be useful let me know. DPS meters is doable, but breaks TOS 100% so I won't be doing it (requires screen scraping or reading in flight memory).
 
  • 10Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 10 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,544
14,138
Alright boys here it is. 95% vibe coded. MnM devs might HATE what I did here, but I use no live data (except what zone you're in, in player log file). These maps are not distributed or published in my repo, so the tool generates maps from the game files. A note on this, the first time you generate maps it's going to take some time - took my machine about 5-7 minutes; but you should only have to do that the first time.

M&M Cartographer v0.0.1 — zone maps that build themselves

A small map tool for Monsters & Memories. It renders zone maps from the game's own files on your machine, so there's no map pack to download and nothing to keep in sync with patches.

- Generates its own maps from your install — press a button, it finds the game and renders every zone
- Follows you between zones automatically as you play
- Drop markers for camps, named spawns, harvest nodes, merchants, exits, quests and anything else worth remembering
- Quest markers record requirements — level, class, faction
- Pair up teleporters so hovering one shows where it goes
- Single ~8 MB executable, Linux and Windows, no installer — put it anywhere

It only ever reads the game's log file to know which zone you're in. It doesn't touch the client, its memory, or its network traffic.

Repo: GitHub - Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer: Third-party map utility for Monsters & Memories.
Downloads: Releases · Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer

For the bros:Let me know if you find any issues/problems or have feature requests. I plan to add methods for community information importing in a future release, this is just the start.

Also if there are other tools you think might be useful let me know. DPS meters is doable, but breaks TOS 100% so I won't be doing it (requires screen scraping or reading in flight memory).

Awesome, I'm curious what their reaction will be.
 

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
9,889
9,834
Alright boys here it is. 95% vibe coded. MnM devs might HATE what I did here, but I use no live data (except what zone you're in, in player log file). These maps are not distributed or published in my repo, so the tool generates maps from the game files. A note on this, the first time you generate maps it's going to take some time - took my machine about 5-7 minutes; but you should only have to do that the first time.

M&M Cartographer v0.0.1 — zone maps that build themselves

A small map tool for Monsters & Memories. It renders zone maps from the game's own files on your machine, so there's no map pack to download and nothing to keep in sync with patches.

- Generates its own maps from your install — press a button, it finds the game and renders every zone
- Follows you between zones automatically as you play
- Drop markers for camps, named spawns, harvest nodes, merchants, exits, quests and anything else worth remembering
- Quest markers record requirements — level, class, faction
- Pair up teleporters so hovering one shows where it goes
- Single ~8 MB executable, Linux and Windows, no installer — put it anywhere

It only ever reads the game's log file to know which zone you're in. It doesn't touch the client, its memory, or its network traffic.

Repo: GitHub - Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer: Third-party map utility for Monsters & Memories.
Downloads: Releases · Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer

For the bros:Let me know if you find any issues/problems or have feature requests. I plan to add methods for community information importing in a future release, this is just the start.

Also if there are other tools you think might be useful let me know. DPS meters is doable, but breaks TOS 100% so I won't be doing it (requires screen scraping or reading in flight memory).
How do you recheck go to live?
1791158235444.png
 
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
882
130
I want a cleric in every group. The proc is awesome.
Yeah I love this proc buff.
I’ve been getting groups almost instantly. Hit 12 a bit ago, can bank and train in NH, and had enough coin to get the important spells for 16 when I hit 12. So I’m pretty pleased with the day and half I had this weekend for launch.
 

Drapdis

Bronze Squire
59
70
Game is fun but the class design and balance concerns me. Feels like I am playing a wc3 custom map version of eq classes. Necro rework at least feels a little bit better than a year ago but something is off on how it plays.
 

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
9,889
9,834
Hit 21 on the shaman, I have my long cooldown group heal now, need a high risk pull group to really try it out. Definitely a buff bot that can heal but that is what I signed up for. Very good for duos and trios though.

Spell prices are still ridiculous, I have no cash to buy gear or do tradeskills…
 

Aazrael

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
4,724
18,400
I rerolled to try a Cleric. I figured I don't have as much time as I used to do, so playing Hard Mode with the Deep Elf faction stuff is not great.

I made more coins at lvl 2 then I could at lvl 10 in the shit hole zone. Everything down there sells for 1 copper but up top the same items are 3-6 copper.

Being blind sucks though.