Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
13,551
14,150
Pretty sure staves sell for more than 50c, not 100% on cracked, but fairly certain those are the ones I'm thinking. I basically had it down to where if something didn't sell for more than 50c, it wasn't worth looting instead of a myconid part since 4 nets 2 silver. Going to try to get into a wererat group tonight and start farming some NH faction. That or roll something that gets SoW and try that out. It's a tough decision. SK with no run speed wasn't bad at first, you don't know what you are missing. It's like wearing a condom, if that's all you've ever had, it's great.... right up until that first experience without one and then you never want to wear one again. I think my DE SK might suck dick for SoW after having it randomly tossed on me in passing.
GIF by Giphy QA

Cracked start at 5s if sold to the right vendor and only go up as they increase in cracked staff type (Fine, Elder, etc.).
 

bolok

Trakanon Raider
1,670
933
Oh my merch showed up. The mousepad is the squishy type. Looks nice though. And used the wineglass to day drink and grind.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
48,323
175,316
Money is so bad my group is rolling on cracked staves.
Granted I haven't played in over a year, but that oasis pirate(?) camp in the zone north of NH would drop silver coin things and cracked staves which both sold for the same amount. But yeah, that was alpha. No clue if that's still a thing.

Glad people are enjoying it. Game just really wasn't for me, but have been keeping tabs on this thread for EA.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
1,670
933
oh yeah forgot about the weird ceramic dealies. Cracked staves are much more rare than they used to be. Haven't tried those bandit camps yet.
 

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,515
18,404
Cracked start at 5s if sold to the right vendor and only go up as they increase in cracked staff type (Fine, Elder, etc.).
Dunno how many cracked staves I let rot (in the open tests) until someone asked if I had just given one to my mage pet...

Also, during the open test I leveled my SK/Shaman to 8 - 10, 2+ years ago, I couldn't afford spells, let alone bags (not sure I ever had 100% of spells available in my book, on any toon). I don't think I had every bag slot filled until I farmed the cloth myself to make them.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Vyemm Raider
2,704
3,842
I think the Devs are worried about the economy and swung the pendulum in a conservative shift for launch.

Best example I see is that they apparently nerfed Wolf Blood in the elf starter area, which had been around literally up til the end of beta selling for 80c as an uncommon/rare drop. I really can’t imagine just randomly nerfing that without testing beforehand. I can maybe see nerfing those beetle eyes in underdocks since that area had only been out for a week or so before launch.

Not personally a fan of their “well the people who just grind mobs cant afford their spells but if you grind… money… in between grinding mobs then it’s working as intended!”
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,324
20,300
Last one I'll announce here for awhile: Release v0.0.3 · Noodle-face/mnm-cartographer

Appreciate any feedback. This has an experimental 'hand drawn' option, but it only really works in Shaded Dunes. My next major release will hand draw all maps if the user wants. This also supports multiple floors.

After this I want to work on starting to collect markers and finding a way to host it. Importantly, I want to start marking useful quest locations.
 

Grabbit Allworth

Confirmed J6 Insurrectionist
2,169
8,525
My wife and I drove across 3 states to go to two different concerts that last weekend so I am a little behind the curve.

Anyway, we got back yesterday afternoon and I decided to give the EA a shot.

I started as Rogue, learned that soloing is definitely possible, but it's ass. So, I decided to play another character to funnel resources to my Rogue.

I started a Wood Elf Ranger, now level 9.5 shitting on everything I come across. I've been very slow and deliberate. I look up literally everything I loot and I have been incredibly surprised at how useful/valuable much of it has been. The repeatable quests are a massive source of cash. Also, I only sell items to vendors that give me good value.

At 9, I have a 10 slot backpack and a full compliment of 8 slot pouches, all my spells, and 62 silver.

P.S. I don't know if bandaging mid-fight is intended, but it has been an absolute godsend for me.
 

nunny

Golden Knight of the Realm
26
10
Wonder if that's windows exclusive because on Linux I've been monitoring my usage with no spikes

I'm on linux as well. I have noticed it seems to happen in Underdocks for me, I think it only happened in EW once after 20+ hours there, so I think it's somewhat rare. I would help with a bug report, but I literally have no clue what is causing it.

If there's a population spike on Trem you can thank Cohh for that.

Also, I got SoW and thorns on my druid so I'm gamin now. Don't play enchanter solo unless you hate yourself.
 
Last edited: