Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
9,901
9,863
Yeah, I'll roll up something this weekend. Not sure if I just do the spellblade again or try out something else.
Spellblade is oddly a burst melee class. In chain pulls they are forever OOM. Maybe they few I have seen just suck but that is a very unappealing melee class as is.
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,389
20,388
Spellblade is oddly a burst melee class. In chain pulls they are forever OOM. Maybe they few I have seen just suck but that is a very unappealing melee class as is.
Seen a lot of complaints about this. I could see a necro being a mana battery for them and maybe whatever enchanter has
 

Valorath

Vyemm Raider
1,464
2,912
So I think Spellblade players largely are going at it from a perspective of “melee class presses buttons if buttons can be pressed.” From talking to a guy in beta, you can do that and do crazy dps and struggle mana wise all the time, or you can do steady damage and burst when needed.

From my understanding it’s the highest skill ceiling class, if anything in this game can be considered that. Lots of people playing them because the general consensus seems to be that they’re busted dps right now. We’ll see where things shake out when they do some balance passes. I think the class looks awesome, but I’m playing rogue in my group to not overlap on leather dps with the monk.
 
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Vyemm Raider
2,716
3,859
So I think Spellblade players largely are going at it from a perspective of “melee class presses buttons if buttons can be pressed.” From talking to a guy in beta, you can do that and do crazy dps and struggle mana wise all the time, or you can do steady damage and burst when needed.

From my understanding it’s the highest skill ceiling class, if anything in this game can be considered that. Lots of people playing them because the general consensus seems to be that they’re busted dps right now. We’ll see where things shake out when they do some balance passes. I think the class looks awesome, but I’m playing rogue in my group to not overlap on leather dps with the monk.
Lots of people playing them? They’re like bottom 3 classes with Archer and Inquisitor
 

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
9,901
9,863


Hate crimed.

Keegan Michael Key Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
 
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Ssraeszha Raider
15,731
25,375
I cant be in NH my merchant trader gene activates and I start wheeling deals and spending all my silver.

Any TelkAvil people kill the alpha gnoll i want his hammer
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,389
20,388
I see spellblades more now than I ever did in beta, and folks are talking about them in discord and in game more. Perhaps lots was the wrong word.
I think it's a little skewed right now to solo classes in general, where spell blades are among the worst soloers. Much easier to level a solo class to then fund and twink your main.

I had a group with 3 spell blades in beta and shit died so fast rofl