Moon Knight

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That was ok.

Regretfully Antman kind of took the cool factor of giant people fighting away from the scene. I thought Ammit's size was directly related to her gaining power through the consumption of souls. I am gussing not, given Khonshu did the exact same thing. Why not grow even larger then?? Having waited so long for the 3rd personality to reveal itself was a bit off. Why did Konshu just not use that personalty to begin with? Also, when did multiple personalities equal multiple souls? I found that part kind of strange as well. Multiple personalities exist in the mind as a defense mechanism for trauma. It allows a person to accept or hide from what led to the mental break. That is the first time I have ever heard of it being connected with a soul split?

Khonshu brings up his control of the night as a way of implying a fast mode of travel. I thought Khonshu was going to have the Moonknight fly up into the air as he rotates the planet beneath him. Nope, Moon Knight just flew because now the Moon is out.

It was interesting enough as a multiple personality Super Hero but the story felt weak and rushed. I did not have near the enthusiasm for this story that some appear to have on this board. Each to his own I suppose.

Legion was a better story. Hawkeye is still the best of the mini series.

P.S.- At some point the number of super powered beings on planet Earth is going to really overload what is possible in reality. I enjoyed the Avengers because it was implied that they were the "few" powered beings capable of dealing with a planet/universe/all of existence wide crisis. We have now seen that there apparently are so many more that could have helped, despite the poor writing excuses given.
eh. i mean at some point you just have to accept that this is a moon knight story, and that we're not going to see a bunch of other random heroes show up to help save the day. it's a comic book problem, same as why the avengers don't show up in captain america, or thor or antman.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Oscar Isaac's shifts from personality to personality are done very well. Even before he speaks you see the posture and overall countenance change and instantly know what's up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
4t3t4xaeghx81.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I had to look up Legion because it's been mentioned several times. Just thought this was a funny thing Bing did:

1651698072475.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oscar Isaac's shifts from personality to personality are done very well. Even before he speaks you see the posture and overall countenance change and instantly know what's up.
His facial expressions as Jake were great

Screenshot_20220504-150941.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree that the last episode was rushed - but they tied up everything so well that its like they put a bow on top. Great last episode and I really do hope there is more.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How are fuck are people thinking this is great?

Barely seen any Moon Knight in the entire show and then during the big climactic fight it doesn't even fucking show it.

Then they hold hands and use the power of friendship to banish the big bad god.

Fucking retarded

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I take back my opinion this was a decent show at the midpoint. This was a pile of shit. At least they crammed wonder woman in there at the last 2 minutes. People love wonder woman right ??!

• 1Like
  • 1Edgelord

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
P.S.- At some point the number of super powered beings on planet Earth is going to really overload what is possible in reality. I enjoyed the Avengers because it was implied that they were the "few" powered beings capable of dealing with a planet/universe/all of existence wide crisis. We have now seen that there apparently are so many more that could have helped, despite the poor writing excuses given.
Yeah man someone should like, let's say half the number of super heroes every so often.

#thanosdidnothingwrong

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I thought this was a pretty great ending to a pretty good series. Oscar was just amazing all the way through, this might have been some of his work. The back and forth between Marc and Steven was extremely well done, as someone mentioned you can see who is who even without him having to speak but his posture and facial expressions. You can Jake will be very different also.

Konshu is fucking him over though so will be interesting to see what they do with that if there is more, and I sure hope there is.

I didn’t like Layla at the beginning but I think she ended up fairly good, and had a decent arc, certainly one I didn’t expect. She looked good in the costume and while the action scene were limited, think she did ok with the physical aspect of it.

I‘m ambivalent a little on how far they changed the character, I understand he’s very similar to Batman, but they went way further than I ever expected with the supernatural aspect. Not sure how I feel about, did allow for some cool scenes. It will probably allow for some serious flexibility in how they use in the MCU if they do. He has vague unexplained supernatural abilities, so I guess his power level will vary depending on need to allow him to be used at a street level hero, or with the big boys.

I really hope this isn’t the last we see of Moon Knight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I do hope that we'll see more of Moon Knight, and that now that the premise is fully set up, it'll be a little more Moon Knight, and a little less Marc/Steven. Granted, episode 5 was the best one of the bunch and had basically no Moon Knight, but the series as a whole did suffer from having not quite enough super hero shit for a super hero series.

Even so, I liked it on the whole.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you treat the series as an origin story with him getting his personalities (relatively) in order I think/hope you can expect to see more of Moon Knight/Mr Knight in the future and a little less of Marc/Steven.

Although, to be fair, just how much do you see of the actual superheroes in say Endgame? There's much standing around and talking about feels and then a bunch of action at the end but not a whole lot from any particular hero except Iron Man, Thor, Cap, and Captain Vag Power Queen.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I ended up not watching last week's episode on Wednesday the one I usually do. Then.. I had so much shit going on IRL that I forgot to watch. Well, I caught last week's and this week's tonight. This was a very enjoyable series. Marc is all kinds of fucked up, and the winged Layla(sp?) was good shit. I'm glad this was a good series.

• 2Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Every edgelord that dislikes this seems to also dislike Wanda, Loki, and everything else in life that requires a bit more emotional thought than just watching a bunch of people beat the shit out of each endlessly.

You people would cream your pants if the WWF started introducing special effects into its matches.

Anyway, as far as Moon Knight, I wonder what Jake's Moon Knight suit looked like? We the viewer, just like Marc and Steven (with a V) are 'blacked out' during the times he comes out and goes serial killer on his victims.

• 1Pathetic

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
If you treat the series as an origin story with him getting his personalities (relatively) in order I think/hope you can expect to see more of Moon Knight/Mr Knight in the future and a little less of Marc/Steven.

Although, to be fair, just how much do you see of the actual superheroes in say Endgame? There's much standing around and talking about feels and then a bunch of action at the end but not a whole lot from any particular hero except Iron Man, Thor, Cap, and Captain Vag Power Queen.

Showrunners certainly have a lot of options when they do include him in other projects. Be it muscle, a conflicted hero, or leveraging the pantheon of gods they've established in some form. Think that last bit is going to pay dividends in Thor, maybe not directly tied to Moon Knight, but many similar concepts explored w/ other pantheons, their afterlife, etc.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Loki was my favorite MCU series so far. Moon Knight is pretty meh. That last episode took a huge dive off a cliff as far as being rushed / cheesy. Rest of the series was great up to then, tho, but the botched landing ruined it.

Shortest season finale of any of the MCU series so far. Supposedly they decided at the last minute to do the setup for Season 2, I bet a bunch got left on the cutting room floor to make it work.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Loki was my favorite MCU series so far. Moon Knight is pretty meh. That last episode took a huge dive off a cliff as far as being rushed / cheesy. Rest of the series was great up to then, tho, but the botched landing ruined it.

Shortest season finale of any of the MCU series so far. Supposedly they decided at the last minute to do the setup for Season 2, I bet a bunch got left on the cutting room floor to make it work.

I have the opposite opinion of Moon Knight. We finally got to see extended action scenes and the fights were choreographed much better. There was too much setup and focus on his mental state leading up to it in my opinion.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>

I have the opposite opinion of Moon Knight. We finally got to see extended action scenes and the fights were choreographed much better. There was too much setup and focus on his mental state leading up to it in my opinion.
I think you're both right and both wrong.

It did feel rushed (Pharma) and it was great fighting in the climax (Khane). They were doing some really, really cool stuff in the fighting and the constant control he had between the two personalities was great, and then the finale when Jake came out and just fubared everything around him that we STILL did not see and she asked, "What the hell was that???". I feel it could've been 2 episodes long instead of one to tie up everything, but I disagree it botched the landing (Pharma) and disagree the setup to deeply explore DID and his character was too long (Khane)... we're talking just 5 episodes to go through EVERYTHING in order to conclude it nicely and it feels very complete.

To all those saying he'll be back... how? Khonshu released him. He is literally no longer Moon Knight.

• 3Picard
  • 1Seriously?