Moon Knight

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
There is a post credits scene.
I don't have DID but that was a good zinger. (pre-edit)

Ya, I know. I interpreted this as Harrow's version of the Egyptian afterlife. Same hospital. Harrow was Marc & Steven's tormentor in his version of the afterlife, and it seems fitting that Jake is Harrow's tormentor in Harrow's version.

I judge reality being that he is released and back to normal in his bed in his apartment. The whole entire arc was him coming to grips with his two personalities in his head, and that scene with him comfortable talking to himself with the two personalities is proof that that is the real, final conclusion. I don't think the post credit is reality, sorry.

BUT, I did say earlier that this series is so satisfying because:
Like Inception and the top spinning, you get the answer I think you want to see... it's very open ended.
You see the top endlessly spinning, I see it wobble and eventually stop. That's all.

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
I don't have DID but that was a good zinger.

Ya, I know. I interpreted this as Harrow's version of the Egyptian afterlife. Same hospital. Harrow was Marc & Steven's tormentor in his version of the afterlife, and it seems fitting that Jake is Harrow's tormentor in Harrow's version.

I judge reality being that he is released and back to normal in his bed in his apartment. The whole entire arc was him coming to grips with his two personalities in his head, and that scene with him comfortable talking to himself with the two personalities is proof that that is the real, final conclusion. I don't think the post credit is reality, sorry.

BUT, I did say earlier that this series is so satisfying because:

You see the top endlessly spinning, I see it wobble and eventually stop. That's all.

Khonshu specifically told them he'd "release the both of them". He did not say anything about Jake while obviously being aware of his existence. He just tricked Mark and Steven.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Khonshu specifically told them he'd "release the both of them". He did not say anything about Jake while obviously being aware of his existence. He just tricked Mark and Steven.
So you think Harrow is in the same hospital that was clearly the afterlife on the ship but that was reality? That somehow Jake has a multi-million dollar limo and access to Harrow in this hospital enough to check him out while Harrow is obviously batshit crazy for being in the hospital in the first place but he's also poor in his apartment with his fish?

I mean, if you do, great. I'm comfortable with my conclusion and comfortable that I think others will find their own interpretation of how this ended but just like mental illness itself... it's a cloudy conclusion :)

I enjoy discussing it, regardless, and like to hear other's perceptions/conclusions!

edit - "Now release us"
"As you wish"

Is your quote from a previous dialogue? in a different episode than EP.6?

• 1Picard

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I think it's a bit more straightforward, the god was imprisoned in the mortal body so that killing Harrow would kill them both. That didn't happen so he was this crazy person committed to a psych hospital.

The dressing of the set and staff of the hospital aren't made to present it anywhere like what we saw in the Marc/Steven hospital sequences, and as the hippo said, that was all a manifestation of the effort to balance them on their way to the afterlife.

It's a good theory, I see why you're going that direction, but think in this case it's a bit more straightforward.

Also, quickly re-watching it, noticed the name of it in a reflection.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Look Vanessa is an expert when it comes to denying reality.
You and others can try all you want to shove a square into a circular hole and make me into a bluehair tranny, but it's just not...

....reality. Sorry NPC.

Add to the convo in a productive way though... that'd be nice.

• 1Picard

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You and others can try all you want to shove a square into a circular hole and make me into a bluehair tranny, but it's just not...

....reality. Sorry NPC.

Add to the convo in a productive way though... that'd be nice.
Steven Universe Lol GIF by Cartoon Network

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If it's supposed to be a one season thing they fucked up with Jake, if they planned on season two then I get why they did what they did. They obviously had Jake in every episode and wanted it to be what it was, Marc/Steven don't know who Jake is and wanted the viewers to be in the same boat

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Look Vanessa is an expert when it comes to denying reality.
I was waiting for that reply! lol

When I was reading over today's posts, I started to remember a fighting game from a long time ago that the end fight reminded me of. It was "Primal Rage" era of fighting games, where you're fighting something in the foreground and in the background there are these two huge monsters fighting it out. I wonder if that's like some director's easter egg or something.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
If it's supposed to be a one season thing they fucked up with Jake, if they planned on season two then I get why they did what they did.
Ethan needs to do other shit, it's fair. Oscar is done with SW I guess, so, MN for now?

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I think you're both right and both wrong.

It did feel rushed (Pharma) and it was great fighting in the climax (Khane). They were doing some really, really cool stuff in the fighting and the constant control he had between the two personalities was great, and then the finale when Jake came out and just fubared everything around him that we STILL did not see and she asked, "What the hell was that???". I feel it could've been 2 episodes long instead of one to tie up everything, but I disagree it botched the landing (Pharma) and disagree the setup to deeply explore DID and his character was too long (Khane)... we're talking just 5 episodes to go through EVERYTHING in order to conclude it nicely and it feels very complete.

To all those saying he'll be back... how? Khonshu released him. He is literally no longer Moon Knight.

How could you think the show is so fucking good, yet be so completely oblivious to the ending and storyline.

The fighting scenes were cool? All 13 seconds of them? And "a rushed ending" is a massive understatement. I sat in disbelief for a few minutes thinking there must be an actual final episode.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
There is zero question, even if you didn't like this, that this shits all over Oscar's Star Wars stint.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
How could you think the show is so fucking good
The fighting scenes were cool? All 13 seconds of them?
Every edgelord that dislikes this seems to also dislike Wanda, Loki, and everything else in life that requires a bit more emotional thought than just watching a bunch of people beat the shit out of each endlessly.

You people would cream your pants if the WWF started introducing special effects into its matches.
^ lel~

yet be so completely oblivious to the ending and storyline.
Then rationale what I brought up instead of just cursing about it.

Make this make sense... please; I insist:

So you think Harrow is in the same hospital that was clearly the afterlife on the ship but that was reality? That somehow Jake has a multi-million dollar limo and access to Harrow in this hospital enough to check him out while Harrow is obviously batshit crazy for being in the hospital in the first place but he's also poor in his apartment with his fish?
edit - "Now release us"
"As you wish"

...shame on you Khane for the edit. That was a good joke you deleted!

• 1Picard

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I mean, if you do, great. I'm comfortable with my conclusion and comfortable that I think others will find their own interpretation of how this ended but just like mental illness itself... it's a cloudy conclusion :)

I enjoy discussing it, regardless, and like to hear other's perceptions/conclusions!

edit - "Now release us"
"As you wish"

Is your quote from a previous dialogue? in a different episode than EP.6?

How the fuck does this work in your head?

The post credits scene where he explains literally what you're asking doesn't count? Then what would the point of it even be? Giving you a teaser on what's to come is exactly what the post credits scenes are for.

And the biggest clue that the hospital isn't just somewhere you go when you die is that Harrow wasn't fucking dead. They made a big deal about Marc and Steve refusing to kill him.

I know you'll never admit when you're wrong, even when it's blatantly obvious to everyone, but holy shit.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There is zero question, even if you didn't like this, that this shits all over Oscar's Star Wars stint.
He didn't want to do Moon Knight til they showed him he'd have a wide range of acting he'd be able to do instead of generic superhero shit.

Homsar

So besides blackouts what scenes were shown and might have been Jake? Was the drunk in the hotel on the beach Jake? Also there were a few moment in the hospital that seemed not Mark or Steven

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So besides blackouts what scenes were shown and might have been Jake? Was the drunk in the hotel on the beach Jake?
One of the psych ward scenes was Jake. They've paired it up with the accent, demeanor, "doc" etc. All of the scenes where it just looks like a bomb went off and killed everyone is Jake. People are going back and watching every episode and comparing "vague" parts with the accent and demeanor of Jake in the taxi cab. A lot of it is obvious when looking "back" on it.

Homsar

One of the psych ward scenes was Jake. They've paired it up with the accent, demeanor, "doc" etc. All of the scenes where it just looks like a bomb went off and killed everyone is Jake. People are going back and watching every episode and comparing "vague" parts with the accent and demeanor of Jake in the taxi cab. A lot of it is obvious when looking "back" on it.
I think you're talking about the broken nose psycho in the hospital and we figured it was Jake, don't think there is any way to confirm the drunk in the hotel but I would put my money on Jake, it felt more of a broken dark person, not Mark or Steven

If this wasn't a marvel MCU show and didnt know anything about the character most people hating it would be singing a different tune. I feel like it would be everyone trying to guess shit like Lost or other shows

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users