Moon Knight

spronk

FPS noob
thought it was a meh 6 hours. Here's the big problem with the series: it should be the story of Moon Knight. The last episode spends a big chunk on Layla and Tawaret, who are fine characters but should not have been in this TV series other than a 5 minute cameo to setup their own spinoff. They jacked them in here because they no one one will watch The Scarlet Scarab or whatever the fuck she is called.

6 hours with a good flashback scene of showing Khonshu and Ammit at the height of their powers thousands of years ago in Egypt, some better setup of Harrow/Mark being fucked over by Khonshu, and a wildly different ending and this woulda been good.

Instead I feel I got 4-5 chopped up comic books written by different people and they barely fit together. Its confusing, not satisfying at all, and I don't really give a fuck about any of these people. Harrow died? ok, i don't really care. A giant crocodile had her plans foiled? Well, too bad I only saw her for 5 mins and don't really give a fuck about her. Some random baldie avatar died? who cares?

Shit writing rescued by some good acting but end of the day, its still shit. Its too bad, I absolutely LOVED the Egyptian stuff and its too bad none of it really mattered. also lol at egyptian families eating dinner while a giant croc fights behind them.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
for Vanessa Vanessa the psych ward that steven/marc were in was named Putnam something or other, whereas the psych ward that harrow was at was named... something else, some polish name i can't even begin to recall. named after one of the comic writers, i think?

as far as the episode/series goes, i was happy with it, it was nice to have a little more focus on the man behind the mask, as it were, though i totally understand why people didn't like that about a superhero. i mean, i absolutely don't want to watch a show about clark kent. (smallville comes to mind, which had it's moments, but superman didn't exist in that show so it doesn't count) but marc spektor has enough going on WITHOUT the moon knight character that it was interesting to see how the secret identity deals with the fallout that the costume causes.

it's why i didn't particularly mind the fight scenes being short or cut out when jake takes over. it's not about the flashy fight scenes. it's not about the crazy egyptian gods battling for the judgment of mankind. it's about a crazy person finding some semblance of sanity in a world that they have little to no control over.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
finale.jpg

Can you spot the change?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
for Vanessa Vanessa the psych ward that steven/marc were in was named Putnam something or other, whereas the psych ward that harrow was at was named... something else, some polish name i can't even begin to recall. named after one of the comic writers, i think?

as far as the episode/series goes, i was happy with it, it was nice to have a little more focus on the man behind the mask, as it were, though i totally understand why people didn't like that about a superhero. i mean, i absolutely don't want to watch a show about clark kent. (smallville comes to mind, which had it's moments, but superman didn't exist in that show so it doesn't count) but marc spektor has enough going on WITHOUT the moon knight character that it was interesting to see how the secret identity deals with the fallout that the costume causes.

it's why i didn't particularly mind the fight scenes being short or cut out when jake takes over. it's not about the flashy fight scenes. it's not about the crazy egyptian gods battling for the judgment of mankind. it's about a crazy person finding some semblance of sanity in a world that they have little to no control over.

Except it wasn't. Steve was created intentionally by Marc.

I mentioned it was like a shittier Mr Robot and it really was

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
View attachment 411217

Can you spot the change?

I almost wonder if they had two versions of the final episode ready depending on fan reception. If I had to guess, contract negotiations with Oscar Isaac for future works took place or concluded between the series airing and finishing. That and a fairly positive fan/critic reception to the show.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
so was this worth watching?
It's not going to change your life. I don't think it's worth subscribing for if you don't have interest in anything else on Disney+, but it's not bad...it's just not that good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's not going to change your life. I don't think it's worth subscribing for if you don't have interest in anything else on Disney+, but it's not bad...it's just not that good.
ok, but is it something i need to watch to follow the MCU stuff?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
ok, but is it something i need to watch to follow the MCU stuff?
I obviously can't know that until I see future MCU stuff. I don't think anything that important happened, but will some random Egyptian god show up during the next Thor movie? Maybe. I'd say if FOMO is that much of a concern, then you should just watch it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I obviously can't know that until I see future MCU stuff. I don't think anything that important happened, but will some random Egyptian god show up during the next Thor movie? Maybe. I'd say if FOMO is that much of a concern, then you should just watch it.
ok, i'll just wait on it then.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
ok, i'll just wait on it then.
Ya... if your aim is to just follow the kinda 'trunk' of the MCU with its core characters, you can probably skip this. It's like people here are unaware of the news that Oscar Isaac has confirmed there's no contract for any sequel to this. It seems it's a one and done kinda thing and the fact that it's very isolated in the MCU (0 cameos or outside influence) shows it's just NOT an important character to expand (but don't worry, you have your usual edgelords telling me how wrong I am for my interpretation of it).

I thought it was great, but that doesn't also mean it's "important" to the entire MCU, you know?

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I would say Hawkeye > moon knight > Wanda vision > fresh diarrhea mixed with barf > Loki > front hole discharge > captain flying jogger.

this ranking is indisputable.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I would say Hawkeye > moon knight > Wanda vision > fresh diarrhea mixed with barf > Loki > front hole discharge > captain flying jogger.

this ranking is indisputable.
Is Hawkeye the one where the woman who runs like a duck is replacing him?

j00t

Is Hawkeye the one where the woman who runs like a duck is replacing him?
bro, hawkeye has been trying to peacefully retire for over half the MCU. broseph finally got his family back, let him go home.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Homsar

This and Hawkeye are the only ones I gave thumbs up. Take aways the whole MCU connection and just a blind stand alone show I would put Moon knight number 1. Not that it says much since I thought all the otherr shows sucked besides a couple episodes of What If.

Moon knight and "What If" I think are the only ones I'll rewatch and it's mostly because of stuff I didnt pick up on. I didn't know "what if" was part of the MCU in a way.

Loki had the one scene that was fantastic and I won't get tired of it. Wandavisision and F&Ws just sucked

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
Loki is probably going to have the biggest MCU impact in the next few years, I assume WandaVision has a big impact since she's literally in the trailer for this weekends Dr Strange 2

but phase 4 has been a total shit show so far, you can really skip everything but No Way Home and I assume Dr. Strange 2. If you liked 60s-80s sitcoms Wanda Vision is fun. Hawkeye is fun if you like Die Hard, X-Mas movies, or the Daredevil Netflix show

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
How the fuck does this work in your head?
Easy. I'm perfectly happy with my take on this and can explain it all below.

And the biggest clue that the hospital isn't just somewhere you go when you die is that Harrow wasn't fucking dead. They made a big deal about Marc and Steve refusing to kill him.
Right... they said "You want to kill him (Harrow), do it yourself" to Khonshu. Then they said "Release us" and then Khonshu said "As you wish".

K, so we literally saw the Moon Knight dissolve off of him... He's no longer the avatar.

That part was reality, do we agree?

Then we're in the psych ward with Steven/Marc & Harrow. Now is this part reality? Nope (maybe to others it is).

Then we're in the bedroom with Steven/Marc and they have peace with each other. The fish has it's companion in the tank. Now is this part reality? Yes (maybe it isn't to others).

Then post credit, Harrow is now the patient and the roles are reversed... with Jake, the italian mobster guy (LoL) taking care of Harrow (taking care of him; mafia style). Now is this part reality? Nope (maybe to others it is).

I mean... when Harrow is being wheeled out to the Limo, did you completely miss the music cue?

Here's a hint:

What music was playing in the field of reeds? (i.e. where you're fucking DEAD)
What music was playing in the limo?

Music cues tell alot about a particular idea... I'm a musician, so I pay real close attention to music, y'know.

Harrow died. I'm not speculating how.... hell, maybe he died in old age. Maybe he died immediately after Khonshu released him and Jake came out and beheaded him like a madman. Point is... that Harrow is a bad dude and the post credit seems to be his version of hell;

I know you'll never admit when you're wrong, even when it's blatantly obvious to everyone, but holy shit.
I have admitted I'm wrong several times. I just don't admit I'm wrong to knuckleheads with dick-all for evidence. Btw, how's Alec Baldwin's prosecution going so far?

• 1Picard

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Easy. I'm perfectly happy with my take on this and can explain it all below.

Right... they said "You want to kill him (Harrow), do it yourself" to Khonshu. Then they said "Release us" and then Khonshu said "As you wish".

K, so we literally saw the Moon Knight dissolve off of him... He's no longer the avatar.

That part was reality, do we agree?

Then we're in the psych ward with Steven/Marc & Harrow. Now is this part reality? Nope (maybe to others it is).

Then we're in the bedroom with Steven/Marc and they have peace with each other. The fish has it's companion in the tank. Now is this part reality? Yes (maybe it isn't to others).

Then post credit, Harrow is now the patient and the roles are reversed... with Jake, the italian mobster guy (LoL) taking care of Harrow (taking care of him; mafia style). Now is this part reality? Nope (maybe to others it is).

I mean... when Harrow is being wheeled out to the Limo, did you completely miss the music cue?

Here's a hint:

What music was playing in the field of reeds? (i.e. where you're fucking DEAD)
What music was playing in the limo?

Music cues tell alot about a particular idea... I'm a musician, so I pay real close attention to music, y'know.

Harrow died. I'm not speculating how.... hell, maybe he died in old age. Maybe he died immediately after Khonshu released him and Jake came out and beheaded him like a madman. Point is... that Harrow is a bad dude and the post credit seems to be his version of hell;

I have admitted I'm wrong several times. I just don't admit I'm wrong to knuckleheads with dick-all for evidence. Btw, how's Alec Baldwin's prosecution going so far?

Your right, they just completely ended their character for absolutely no reason and the end credits scene that gives the obvious answer?

Also just thrown in also for absolutely no reason.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Your right
You're. But yes. Ahhh, this is fun.

they just completely ended their character for absolutely no reason and the end credits scene that gives the obvious answer?

Also just thrown in also for absolutely no reason.
There's a reason for everything. LoL, I just think some people... miss things.

I'm always the one giving details. I'm always the one answering questions, but no one can answer mine.

Why is that Ambi?