Moon Knight

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm curious if he took the role just because he works with Disney or he saw a fucked up character to play.

Yeah, I'd bet high level of interest in fucked up characters correlates to bad results for the actor. And it's possible high level of interest is a foregone conclusion if the actor does anything resembling a fantastic job of portraying it.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I'll be curious to see what happens to Isaac in the near term future.

Extremely talented actors getting into really mind-fucked characters can often end poorly for the actor. See Ledger/Joker. Never happened with Leto since he's not particularly talented, nor Nicholson since they went campy instead of dark with it.
Leto is extremely talented, his joker sucked granted but hes been outstanding in a few things
Dallas Buyers Club for one.

leto.jpg

• 4Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I'm curious if he took the role just because he works with Disney or he saw a fucked up character to play.

Pretty sure most actors would beg to play the character if they knew how fucked up he is and get to play multiple personas

Oscar Isaac seems to really like to explore all kinds of roles.

Between The Card Counter, Adams Family, Ex Machina, Star Wars, X-Men, Dune, Spider-Verse and beyond he is really in a wide variety of movies

You know that's Christian Bale, right?

Who, yes, is a very talented character actor.

Jared Leto so talented that in The Dallas Buyer's Club, he was Christian Bale in The Machinist.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Oh shit, wrong pic. Was comparing the weight loss they both went through for their respective roles

View attachment 393596

Weight loss makes him dedicated, but not necessarily talented.

I've yet to see a role where I thought Leto did anything more than an average job. But, I haven't seen DBC, because quite frankly I have less than zero interest in a movie about AIDS.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Leto's a hack.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thought it was MM that did the major weight loss for Dallas Buyer's Club

Goatface

I'm trying to be brief on spoilers but knonshu isn't a spoiler imo and multiple names is not a spoiler.

I'm still swear there was a game where you could play moon knight with a staff.
he was also in marvel heroes

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
he was also in marvel heroes
I don't remember certain levels but that game was fun. Think I always picked Deadpool for his tereport ability then ran into a door lol.

Fuck you playing clip of that game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
its always wild to think he lost 60ish pounds to play that part, then followed it up by bulking for Batman.

So true. I googled it back when I saw The Machinist. He did some crazy "one apple a day" diet for months. Fucking crazy.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So true. I googled it back when I saw The Machinist. He did some crazy "one apple a day" diet for months. Fucking crazy.
You beat me but there was another actor that did a can of tuna a day.

Lol if it was Bale

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Well there is that saying "An apple a day turns you into a skeleton."

• 1Worf