Moon Knight

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I know it's only one episode one but I really like the villain as bland as he seems. As far as power levels I can't remember who Moon knight can go toe to toe with

He's not gonna stand a chance against Squirrel Girl, but everyone else is probably fair game, given it's comics :cool:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Other than playing him briefly in Marvel Heroes (rip), no effing idea who or what that guy is, but EP1 was pretty good. Don't fuck it up with woke trash ><.
This is the first and only thing that Marvel produced since Endgame that I don't rate as trash.
As always, and I don't know this but prepare to be disappointed and you won't go wrong.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Nl
Yeah, think Paul Bettany’s character in the Da Vinci Code.
Not as brutal but the private schools were rough. We had to engrave are names in the paddle, then my grandpa made me drill holes is the wood to suck up flesh

They weren't bad they just wanted to show me the honesty of life

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
His accent is Dick van Dyke levels of terrible

Second episode fairly boring, don't know why collectively you're raving about it.

Last edited:
  • 2Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, episode was pretty good. Isaac still killing it and the dual personality is really interesting.

I have so many question about it, is it something that always been there since he’s a child or recent development, who is the dominant personality. I have my theory on this though, curious to see how it will all play out. Definitely one of my favorite aspect of the show so far.

Ethan is also doing a great job as Harrow which I think is developing into a really interesting villain.

I didn’t really like Layla, seems really uninteresting as a character. She looks too young for Marc and didn’t sell me the idea that she’s an adventurer.

The Mr. Knight and Moon Knight sequence was pretty cool. The costume(s) are really well done and look badass.

Once again, I’m left with more questions than answers and looking forward to next week. This will most likely be the first Disney+ show that will get a second viewing when it’s over.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Second episode fairly boring, don't know why collectively you're raving about it.

It's not his character's natural accent. But I guess you didn't pick up on that very obvious and pretty important plot point from the first episode.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's not his character's natural accent. But I guess you didn't pick up on that very obvious and pretty important plot point from the first episode.

So the ancient spirit that gives him super powers can't also give him a passable English accent? Good one 👍

• 2Picard
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So the ancient spirit that gives him super powers can't also give him a passable English accent? Good one 👍
you mean, the ancient moon god who constantly refers to steven as "the idiot?"

honestly though, i think the accent is stupid, but isaacs is nailing it. the essex accent is just awful. it's so awful that it sounds fake even for the people who naturally speak with it. on top of that, it's an accent that marc spector decided that steven grant would have so it's supposed to sound fake. it's a fake accent of an accent that sounds fake

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The god comes off as a whiny little cunt. They chose the wrong voice for that role. The voice just seems to lack something. I think they would have done better if they had made the voice some sort of weird and deep sound that only Marc/Steven could understand. Have the actor reflect the demands in action or by repeating it.

If you do not do what I say, I will terrorize the one you love by choosing her. I am half surprised that he does not just come back with a go ahead and do it. A god having to make that kind of threat does not come off as a God to me.

Its Marvel and the main actor is doing a pretty good job of being crazy which is so far the only thing keeping me interested.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
you mean, the ancient moon god who constantly refers to steven as "the idiot?"

honestly though, i think the accent is stupid, but isaacs is nailing it. the essex accent is just awful. it's so awful that it sounds fake even for the people who naturally speak with it. on top of that, it's an accent that marc spector decided that steven grant would have so it's supposed to sound fake. it's a fake accent of an accent that sounds fake

Why are you linking a video about a regional English accent to a Brit? Especially one that isn't even relevant to Oscar Isaac?

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
After EP2 I''d say still pretty good. My complaints are with Layla (and it looks like I'm not the only one, and completely agree she's way too young when paired with Isaac). When she is on the screen it falls apart for me. Not because it's super woke (it's just moderately woke :p ), and I'll admit that I do have alergy on petite women beating up men twice their size (and no, I'm not going to get vaxxed :p ), but because it's complemented with Steven being such a gigantic ultra mega pussy.
But, I'd hope and guess, we are mostly done with Steven after this episode. Will see how it goes. Bait and switch? Maybe, maybe not...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah layla looked like his daughter not wife although the actors are only 7 years apart IRL so not a big deal. i didn't love episode 2, the invisible fighting shit looked goofy and while I liked Ethan Hawke's walk and talk and trying to explain why he's the good guy, it really just immediately got cut at the knees by a quick bad guy heel turn.

The show would be a lot better if Ethan Hawke really believed he was a good guy and more importantly consistently acted like one. 30 secs after explaining why you're a good guy, if you summon a devil dog from Egypt Hell, I'm not gonna buy it as a viewer. I know the show wants to play up Hawke's idea of purging all evil from the world but I think its done very poorly. Great shows are built on the backs of great villains and Hawke so far is comic book bad guy trope #1.

I did like the last few mins and hope an episode in Egypt returns to what I want from the show, a mix of Mummy / Indiana Jones / MCU, not a deep dive into psychological and family trauma.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Really great episode. Been a pleasure learning about Moon Knight as someone who never did before when I collected comics back in the 80s.

Questions I have now:

So Marc is dead, yes? Did Konshu (sp?) ressurect his "spirit" as his avatar INSIDE Steven after glass-foot man somehow detached Konshu from himself as his avatar? Was Marc already dead when that happened? Or did Konshu already have Marc as his avatar when Marc died and when THAT happened is when Steven became the body to house Marc's spirit/soul?

Can't wait to see! Maybe these will be answered as this onion is unpeeled in future episodes.

It also raises interesting questions about morality and the punishment of evil. It's like how people ask how God could allow evil to happen in the first place if he is a perfect God (I mean, we Christians know why but I understand why/how an atheist is confused about this and this show asks the question in a very interesting way when you compare it to that).

• 1EyeRoll

Khane

Got something right about marriage
yeah layla looked like his daughter not wife although the actors are only 7 years apart IRL so not a big deal. i didn't love episode 2, the invisible fighting shit looked goofy and while I liked Ethan Hawke's walk and talk and trying to explain why he's the good guy, it really just immediately got cut at the knees by a quick bad guy heel turn.

The show would be a lot better if Ethan Hawke really believed he was a good guy and more importantly consistently acted like one. 30 secs after explaining why you're a good guy, if you summon a devil dog from Egypt Hell, I'm not gonna buy it as a viewer. I know the show wants to play up Hawke's idea of purging all evil from the world but I think its done very poorly. Great shows are built on the backs of great villains and Hawke so far is comic book bad guy trope #1.

I did like the last few mins and hope an episode in Egypt returns to what I want from the show, a mix of Mummy / Indiana Jones / MCU, not a deep dive into psychological and family trauma.

The invisible fighting stuff is just annoying and bad visual entertainment. I hope that doesnt become a trend.

I disagree about Ethan Hawkes character though. Hes a sociopath and he knows it, and characters like that are always better when they are portrayed in that manner.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

literally all english accents sound exactly the same*, so not sure what youre on about

(*ridiculous and just a little faggy, like they tried it once but theyre not really gay, they just really like candles and sometimes sit with their legs crossed, so what?)

• 1Picard