Moon Knight

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
This makes WandaVision & Loki look like Seinfeld on the weirdness scale.

If you like your sci-fi and freaky-deeky stuff, this is the Marvel show for you.

Moon Knight was one character I never knew much about from the comics back in the day. I don't think the character was oft used for crossovers, so... on a personal level I'm looking forward to peeling this onion's layers away to reveal more about this pagan-ass story.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This makes WandaVision & Loki look like Seinfeld on the weirdness scale.

If you like your sci-fi and freaky-deeky stuff, this is the Marvel show for you.

Moon Knight was one character I never knew much about from the comics back in the day. I don't think the character was oft used for crossovers, so... on a personal level I'm looking forward to peeling this onion's layers away to reveal more about this pagan-ass story.
Pretty sure they are bringing moon knight in the next marvel stage

Xerge

<Donor>
i like to think they are. Here we have an animated clip with spiderman fighting off moon knight

another clip of moon knight and spiderman vibing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
OK first ep was fucking awesome

10 days

social media embargo is up i think and influencers got to see the first episode, the title of the 6 (total) episodes are

1 - Disassociation
2 - Lost My Temper
3 - Above the Law
4 - Blood Moon
5 - Darkest Night
6 - Spector (Shake it Up)

Well so far the first ep title was wrong

• 1Like

Homsar

OK first ep was fucking awesome

Well so far the first ep title was wrong
I really think Isaac struck gold with taking this role. No idea what is down the road but playing a character like this has to be awesome for a lot of actors. Ethan Hawkes character is not bad like I expected

Also never would have guessed Isaac was pretty much American always thought he was UK

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, I was hyped for this and I feel it delivered. The interesting part for me was that at some point I didn’t even care about the super hero aspect of the show. I was just genuinely invested in Steven Grant mental issues, and how fucked up he was, Moon Knight just ended up feeling like a bonus.

If they can keep this sort of tension over his mental state for 6 episodes, this will just be awesome.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
exceptional writing and scene choreography. Not sure why people wait and see how about shows like this. Just watch it
i rather wait and see if it serves any purpose in the MCU so when its over i can just binge the whole thing in a day and move on.
i wish i had done that with Boba Fett.

• 1Salty

Homsar

Ok, I was hyped for this and I feel it delivered. The interesting part for me was that at some point I didn’t even care about the super hero aspect of the show. I was just genuinely invested in Steven Grant mental issues, and how fucked up he was, Moon Knight just ended up feeling like a bonus.

If they can keep this sort of tension over his mental state for 6 episodes, this will just be awesome.
Might be wrong but I thought they hired people so they hit on the Egyptian lore properly which could be fun

Homsar

i rather wait and see if it serves any purpose in the MCU so when its over i can just binge the whole thing in a day and move on.
I will say it sucks waiting a week, hopefully The Boys gets back to greatness. Episode 1 does not feel like a small screen show that's for sure

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
awesome beginning, fucking loved it I have no clue whats going on but all the Egypt shit is amazing

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
no complaints at all except that I have to wait a goddam week for the next one, fuck

• 2Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was a very good first episode. This show pulled me in real quick. Though I didn't understand the whole walking on glass at the beginning.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For anyone who has read most of MK what is the 80s stuff like?

I've read all the recent stuff and am catching up on when he takes down the Avengers but the older stuff looks more standard hero schmultz and less psychological ass-whoopery.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Early stuff was all-mostly- standard hero stuff, if i remember correctly, it's been years.

watched the first episode, damn. good stuff, i want more.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
So is Steven / Marc morphing into Moon Knight during the insta-skips when he fucks up the bad guys?

...and who is glass-shoe guy in the comics?

• 1Garbage
  • 1Barf

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is Steven / Marc morphing into Moon Knight during the insta-skips when he fucks up the bad guys?

...and who is glass-shoe guy in the comics?

I'm guessing it depends on which iteration of Moon Knight you're looking at.

The majority of the stuff I've read has Marc Spector being in the driving seat most of the time with Steven Grant and Jake Lockley (and Khonshu) being the other elements of his psyche.

Marc Spector is the nearest thing to a Bruce Wayne kind of guy with the robot-driven cars, gadgets, and oodles of cash. The other parts of him take over from time to time though, prime example being when he learns he has a kid that Jake Lockley fathered. A lot of the stuff I've read revolves around his struggles to align all the disparate personalities and Khonshu is a very fickle entity at best.

The Ethan Hawke guy seems to be from the old stuff so I know next to nothing about him.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
arthur harrow in the show is pretty different from the arthur harrow in the comics. moon knight doesn't really have a typical rogue's gallery, i don't think? so people are theorizing that the show's arthur harrow is a combination of several different villians.

as far as him walking on glass, ethan hawke did an interview where he talked about how the best villains are reflections of the hero. so while steven/marc is depicted in the show as being a chaotic lunatic, harrow is depicted as extremely orderly. BUT knowing that he is walking around on broken glass shows that he's broken as well. i guess that whole scene was ethan hawke's idea.

• 1Like