Morbius (2020)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would watch The phantom any day over the spirit. Did have a prime scarjo though

download (4).jpeg

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't get the hate for this movie. Sure, it wasn't NWH or anything amazing, but it's not even close to as bad as fuckin' WW84. I'd put this a step ahead of shit like Venom, Thor: Dark World, etc. as far as "Marvel" movies go. It's nothing incredible, but I think it's getting way more hate than it deserves because Leto is a fuckin' mental case.
It's funny, of all the comic Movies, Thor the Dark World is the one I forget exists. It's now quite bad enough to be Capt Marvel level of "I can never forget that shit" but it's not good enough to be actually memorable.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
now now now at least Howard the duck had leah thompson...

and is it pathetic of me that i KNEW that (i double checked though)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
now now now at least Howard the duck had leah thompson...

and is it pathetic of me that i KNEW that (i double checked though)
Leah Thompson was the hot girl next door of the 80s for teens. I think that chick from Raiders of the Lost Ark was the hot girl next door for older guys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Leah Thompson was the hot girl next door of the 80s for teens. I think that chick from Raiders of the Lost Ark was the hot girl next door for older guys.
Give me some Phoebe Cates or Elisabeth Shue over her.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Alright just cut to the chase: Is this the worst superhero movie EVER made?

Sadly, no, probably not.

Superman IV seems to have traumatized people to the point where they have buried it in their heads and forgotten it exists.

Runner-ups to the worst of all time would be Zoom (remember Zoom? No? There's a reason for it) and Catwoman.

Morbius sits comfortably neck and neck with all three of them though.

EDIT: I would have put 2015 Fantastic 4 on this, but honestly I don't know if it's worse than Morbius and frankly, I don't want to watch it again to find out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
EDIT: I would have put 2015 Fantastic 4 on this, but honestly I don't know if it's worse than Morbius and frankly, I don't want to watch it again to find out.
I think you just volunteered!

Holy crap... it's funny because just like what you said about Superman IV, I completely forgot about 2015 Fantastic Four. It was...

...horrible. Just... horrible. Here I was thinking Morbius was a shoe in for worst (modern) superhero movie ever and you go and remind me about 2015 Fantastic Four. Damn!

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think you just volunteered!

Holy crap... it's funny because just like what you said about Superman IV, I completely forgot about 2015 Fantastic Four. It was...

...horrible. Just... horrible. Here I was thinking Morbius was a shoe in for worst (modern) superhero movie ever and you go and remind me about 2015 Fantastic Four. Damn!
dont ever watch this
they qualify as superheroes
81pXXZB-0xL.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Since this has become "What's the worst superhero movie ever" thread, here's the combined % score of movies mentioned in the past few pages:
  • Morbius - 87%
  • Thor: The Dark World - 141%
  • Howard The Duck - 42%
  • the Phantom - 72%
  • Spawn - 53%
  • Captain Marvel - 124%
  • Catwoman - 27%
  • The Spirit - 39%
  • WW84 - 131%
  • The Shadow - 78%
  • Batman & Robin - 28%
  • Fantastic Four (2015) - 27%
  • Fantastic Four (2005) - 73%
  • Superman IV - 26%
  • Zoom - 37%
  • Birds of Prey - 157%
  • Venom - 111%
  • Darkman - 142%

Superman IV is the champion. Catwoman and Fantastic Four (2015) tie for 2nd place. Batman & Robin is 3rd.

All four of these movies are close in numbers.

IMO (and of course my opinion is the best opinion~), due to its age, Superman IV is imba compared to the others. If it was made today it'd be better... not even an argument. Batman & Robin was intentionally juvenile and cheesy, and on that level, it works, which again, skews the numbers slightly.

This truly comes down to Catwoman and Fantastic Four (2015). The numbers are exactly the same: 9% from critics, 18% from fans. So what do???

I think it boils down to the fact Fantastic Four was only released 7 years ago. Marvel was already rolling strong for YEARS and set the bar and template. This wasn't the case in 2004 when Catwoman was a thing. I think that matters a shit ton when judging films: when they were made.

Based on that, I think putting Fantastic Four as the worst superhero film ever made is the right call. It's the Joe Biden of superhero films... just a complete and abject failure on every possible level.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Since this has become "What's the worst superhero movie ever" thread, here's the combined % score of movies mentioned in the past few pages:
  • Morbius - 87%
  • Thor: The Dark World - 141%
  • Howard The Duck - 42%
  • the Phantom - 72%
  • Spawn - 53%
  • Captain Marvel - 124%
  • Catwoman - 27%
  • The Spirit - 39%
  • WW84 - 131%
  • The Shadow - 78%
  • Batman & Robin - 28%
  • Fantastic Four (2015) - 27%
  • Fantastic Four (2005) - 73%
  • Superman IV - 26%
  • Zoom - 37%
  • Birds of Prey - 157%
  • Venom - 111%

Superman IV is the champion. Catwoman and Fantastic Four (2015) tie for 2nd place. Batman & Robin is 3rd.

All four of these movies are close in numbers.

IMO (and of course my opinion is the best opinion~), due to its age, Superman IV is imba compared to the others. If it was made today it'd be better... not even an argument. Batman & Robin was intentionally juvenile and cheesy, and on that level, it works, which again, skews the numbers slightly.

This truly comes down to Catwoman and Fantastic Four (2015). The numbers are exactly the same: 9% from critics, 18% from fans. So what do???

I think it comes down to the fact Fantastic Four was only released 7 years ago. Marvel was already rolling strong for YEARS and set the bar and template. This wasn't the case in 2004 when Catwoman was a thing. I think that matters a shit ton when judging films: when they were made.

Based on that, I think putting Fantastic Four as the worst superhero film ever made is the right call. It's the Joe Biden of superhero films... just a complete and abject failure on every possible level.

I think Liam Neeson's "Darkman" deserves an honorary mention on that list...

• 1Solidarity

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand the hate for Thor 2. I liked it better than Thor 1, Hulk, and IM2/3. It released between Avengers, Winter Soldier, and GotG which are all S-Tier Marvel Studios movies, so it pales in comparison to them, but compared to the ones I mentioned, Captain Marvel, and Eternals...the hate doesn't seem warranted. And that's just Marvel Studios movies which are on a different tier than the crap other studios were putting out.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users