Morbius (2020)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I was gonna say, "Elektra is so bad and boring, everyone forgets it exists in the worst superhero movie conversations"
Fuck off. Garner was hot as fucking shit in that movie. Also, compared to the woke garbage Hollywood pumps out now, that movie really isn't that bad.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Leto phoned it in, almost ruined the movie.

Matt Smith was the only thing going for it. Length being appropriate went a long way. Scenes with Matt Smith and Leto were often inadequate because of Leto's inability to hang. Any big moment they just CG'd Leto during any Matt Smith shared camera time. Sort of embarrassing given Leto's resume.

The movie gets no props from me-- but on the basis of Leto phoning it in. Unfortunately Matt Smith didn't do enough to carry it by himself. Had they wrote the movie as a Matt Smith movie, it'd have worked a lot better.

4/10 one point below average for Leto doing his Bruce Willis impression.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont think the high seas would even get me to watch this. its a non Spiderman Sony Marvel film. nope nope nope.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I enjoyed it, bunch of fussy cunts in this thread.

The vampire fight scenes were enjoyable, Leto is Dorian Gray

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I expected a much larger train wreck and instead just got a pretty bad movie. It wasn't the worst and 50% of my attention was on Salt and Sacrifice. That could explain a lot.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Since this has become "What's the worst superhero movie ever" thread, here's the combined % score of movies mentioned in the past few pages:
  • Morbius - 87%
  • Thor: The Dark World - 141%
  • Howard The Duck - 42%
  • the Phantom - 72%
  • Spawn - 53%
  • Captain Marvel - 124%
  • Catwoman - 27%
  • The Spirit - 39%
  • WW84 - 131%
  • The Shadow - 78%
  • Batman & Robin - 28%
  • Fantastic Four (2015) - 27%
  • Fantastic Four (2005) - 73%
  • Superman IV - 26%
  • Zoom - 37%
  • Birds of Prey - 157%
  • Venom - 111%
  • Darkman - 142%

Superman IV is the champion. Catwoman and Fantastic Four (2015) tie for 2nd place. Batman & Robin is 3rd.

All four of these movies are close in numbers.

IMO (and of course my opinion is the best opinion~), due to its age, Superman IV is imba compared to the others. If it was made today it'd be better... not even an argument. Batman & Robin was intentionally juvenile and cheesy, and on that level, it works, which again, skews the numbers slightly.

This truly comes down to Catwoman and Fantastic Four (2015). The numbers are exactly the same: 9% from critics, 18% from fans. So what do???

I think it boils down to the fact Fantastic Four was only released 7 years ago. Marvel was already rolling strong for YEARS and set the bar and template. This wasn't the case in 2004 when Catwoman was a thing. I think that matters a shit ton when judging films: when they were made.

Based on that, I think putting Fantastic Four as the worst superhero film ever made is the right call. It's the Joe Biden of superhero films... just a complete and abject failure on every possible level.
Spawn being ranked that low is criminal. Sure, it isn't great, but it has a certain charisma to it, and fucking John Leguizamo as The Violator is maybe the best character in any of those movies listed, as well as plenty better movies. I'd rather rewatch Spawn than any movie on there, except perhaps Thor 2 if I were doing an MCU rewatch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
rotten tomatoes scores can be baffling. how the fuck is Birds of Prey, 79%/78%? they MUST have culled the scores.

bland IS worse then bad.

How the fuck does anyone call Darkman bad? that shit is fantastic. Sam Rami, Liam nelson.. the sequels however.. those are real contenders for worst.

Supergirl is classically considered one of the worst. theres also alot of low budget ones in the 80's largely forgotten. made for tv/straight to dvd/vhs ones. or, rip offs. things like Meteor man. 1979 captain America? 1990 captain America? Blankman?

Elektra was awful.
Legend of Chun li was awful.
Ultraviolet, Aeonflux, barb wire...
The only sin a film can truly commit is to be boring. -Joe Bob Briggs

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is "Morbin' Time" actually in the movie or is the joke that nobody has seen it so you can make up any old shit?

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Is "Morbin' Time" actually in the movie or is the joke that nobody has seen it so you can make up any old shit?

Why not watch it and find out. It's not as bad as you're lead to believe, it's just a very compressed comic book film

• 1Like