Morbius (2020)

spronk

FPS noob
The Sony stuff has nothing to do with Marvel, other than the mainline Spider-man movies. Those Kevin Feige and his team at Marvel do everything for, and Sony distributes and keeps most of the profits. The quid pro quo is that Marvel gets to use Tom Holland and Spider-man (but not other chars like Venom, etc) in the rest of the MCU movies, like Avengers, Dr. Strange, Civil War, etc. TV shows are a ?? since the spidey deals were signed before the TV shows were a thing.

The Sony mainline movies like Venom, Morbius, Into the Spider-Verse, etc are done completely by a Sony team and have no oversight or anything from Marvel/Kevin Feige. Thats why they are shit and will continue to be shit, but they make SO much money they will only keep expanding it until it all dies like when ASM2 bombed at box offices and shut down Sony's plans for a few years.

Thats why there is a HUGE quality difference between the 3 spiderman movies and venom/morbius. 2 completely different teams and Feige only oversees one.

The rumors now are that Andrew Garfield and/or Toby McGuire will return to mainline some of these movies, so like you'd have Venom + Morbius + Sinister Six show up with an Andrew Garfield spidey in their own multiverse so they can ignore Holland/MCU. They plan on bringing in Spider-woman and the other usual crap too. Sounds stupid as fuck but whatever, its all garbage anyways.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
dude. into the spider-verse was awesome.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah sorry i didn't mean to include that as the shit tier, its awesome and has a sequel releasing this year too. its obviously a different team as well since its animated

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
why is the forum so gay today. oh well, at least its not as gay as this review

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not a comic book nerd so I went into this not excited for it and just let it play out. While some may just hate it, I give zero credibility to critic scores as they don't realize some movies are just good because they are bad, I'm a stickler for F&F cause they are over the top stupid movies....

....actually liked it. I feel they lacked any foresight for the villan in this one, best bud turns into an asshole for no real reason against Morbius. Again not familiar with this characters arc or story so maybe he doesn't really interact with villans and just running from the law or whatever. Some wtf moments like the end with bats, me and the wife joked if it was a Batman / Morbius crossover because where the fuck did all those bats come from in NY. Some parts seemed rushed but not bad pacing.

Not good and not terrible. Leto did a good job with the char and his dialoge wasn't as bad as the trailers represented. 5/10, from a non fan.

Venom was fucking worse, never saw the second because of that.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Enjoyed Leto and the VFX. Overall though just not a well executed movie.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
720B09FC-F0F0-48F6-A5A5-52C50713CE34.jpeg

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
all kidding aside, is this shit any good? cuz i want something to watch when i make my weekly popcorn.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Have you read any posts in this thread?
yeah, seems like some liked it, others didnt. some liked it but said it has problems, also lots of joke posts. so not sure if its even worth putting on to kill time.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, seems like some liked it, others didnt. some liked it but said it has problems, also lots of joke posts. so not sure if its even worth putting on to kill time.

do you really enjoy watching cam versions of movies? isn't the quality absolute shit?

I do prefer watching movies at home over theaters and will watch this when its out on VOD in ~60 days but I won't ever watch a cam or even telesync version of a movie.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
do you really enjoy watching cam versions of movies? isn't the quality absolute shit?

I do prefer watching movies at home over theaters and will watch this when its out on VOD in ~60 days but I won't ever watch a cam or even telesync version of a movie.
i saw Spiderman NWH on cam before i saw it in HD. was still a good movie. if its a good movie its a good movie, lower quality rez wont hinder that. i watched most of my favorite TV shows as a kid on a shitty black & white TV that got shitty reception. we werent allowed to touch the big color tv in the living room.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users