Mortal Kombat (2021)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i never really liked jax. nothing specific i don't like about him, just.... he never did anything for me. but i would totally be on board if terry crews played jax in this movie. crews is one of those guys that always sort of plays himself, so that might actually detract from the movie? but then again, terry is just such a likeable guy that it's totally okay for him to play himself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i never really liked jax. nothing specific i don't like about him, just.... he never did anything for me. but i would totally be on board if terry crews played jax in this movie. crews is one of those guys that always sort of plays himself, so that might actually detract from the movie? but then again, terry is just such a likeable guy that it's totally okay for him to play himself.

Unintentional humor is baked into MK by the source material. Crews fits the universe.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
1612202582364.png

1612202676172.png

1612202534100.png

1612202473195.jpeg

1612202472672.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ugh, is that an attempt at lore? Nonono you just fight and kill each other.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol its literally a tack board complete with a map and pinned articles. Probably has strings on there too, to connect leads etc. lol wtf.

Mortal Kombat: Kold Kase Files.

edit: And SURPRISE! Looks like it is going to be in China. 2021 ladies and gentlemen. Strong females and a lot of China.

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The lore of MK is and always has been pretty simple. Shao Khan wanted to take over Earth, but he had to win 10 tournaments to be allowed to do so. Raiden brought the best fighters from Earth. Mortal Kombat Storyline

Fighters hear about the story, track it down, get murdered at invitationals. Sonya and Daxx get in. Or whatever.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you think about it, it actually is a straight forward proposition story wise. It could work too.

You have your roster of kombatants, the 10th straight tournament win for Shao Khan is at stake, they fight, some die, some dont. Fight shao khan in the nether realm at the end. Fatality at end. gg. They could even throw in some of the awesome slow mo x ray shots of bones breaking and shit getting smashed etc during the fights like in the recent games.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There was an article a bit back where the director/writer/producer/I don't actually remember who it was where they said they straight up lifted iconic fatalities from the games and that they couldn't wait for people to see them.

Some of the fatalities are just... Nonsensical. Kung lao throwing his hat on the ground and using it as a circular saw looks hilarious but is completely cartoony. But sub zero ripping some dudes spine out is pretty boss all the way around.

Just depends on who gets what fatality I guess...

The movie is supposedly coming out in April and all we've seen are stills .. no trailer yet... Not sure what to think about that

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I`m sure we`ll all watch it, especially if its corny. If they make it serious business, then meh.

• 2Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
As long as they recreate the scene with Sonya Blade breaking the dude's neck with her thighs.
12 year old me really appreciated that scene.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As long as they recreate the scene with Sonya Blade breaking the dude's neck with her thighs.
12 year old me really appreciated that scene.
she was in Billy Madison and The Last Action Hero
bridgette-wilson-sampras-1.jpg

1612306785893.jpeg

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 6 users