Mortal Kombat X

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Who the fuck still plays Mortal Kombat games? What a waste of development dollars.

Column_sl

shitlord
How is the story mode in this one? As good as 9? What about a bigass challenge tower?
I'm definitely A midway hater, but the game isn't that bad so far.

I like some of the changes they made. Like the strict Execution , and wake ups. It's also not as floaty as there other games.

It has a shitload of modes. Everything from online faction war to challenge towers.

I think the only thing that will kind of kill it is the characters really aren't that deep, and the dial a combo thing is still ass.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
How is the story mode in this one? As good as 9? What about a bigass challenge tower?
As for Story mode it's nowhere near as good as 9 but I think next to Deception and 9 it's hard to live up to. Having watched it all before playing it, I already knew it's going to piss me off. My main problem is that the characters aren't remotely interesting anymore and even by Mortal Kombat standards it's gotten cheesy. Kotal Kahn must have a huge fucking army because he had the IQ of a peanut, and seems to be bipolar. Cassie Cage likes to scream "fuck me!" A lot to make up for the lack of story. Kitana's ending isn't going to be canon, but it's damn interesting. And Shujinko and Taven both appear in endings as well but I won't spoil them here.

As for the gameplay it reminds me of Mortal Kombat 4 and that was my favorite "game" in the series. Sprint is back as is some of the combo feel of 4. It's never going to be the competitive game people want it to be but it's fun. I just wish he hadn't moved 80% of the story to comics. Speaking of which if you don't read the comics they will blindly reference it non stop through storymode with the attitude of "we won't explain shit, go read the comics". There's been a war, several kids born (they let you guess who is who), jax was somehow saved, scorpion is free and he and sub zero are bffs, the Reiko Accords, etc..etc. You are supposed to know that coming in....

I'll still give it all an IGN Score of 9.8/10. I love MK.

Column_sl

shitlord
I can't even get online on the PC version. The game says its fully downloaded ,and I already re installed it.

Nirgon were you able to get online, or are you playing the console version?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm playing the PC version. Only doing single player for starters. Training mode worked fine.. all I had time to try this morning

sebur

Bronze Squire
More than I can do. I can only do training mode and matches against the AI, no story, tower mode, etc.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Got this today. Pretty cool, although I've only been practicing so far. My hands hurt trying to do some of the combos. Guess it takes awhile to master and memorize all the combo moves. X-ray moves are awesome though.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Who the fuck still plays Mortal Kombat games? What a waste of development dollars.
xd21Qip.gif

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
54% damage xray combo... anyone got higher?

54percent.jpg

Am I doin' it right? Edit: fixed

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lord knows why I keep buying fighting games. They remind me that I'm old as fuck because my execution skills and reaction time are complete shit now.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What faction are we playing on the ps4. Went with raidens, sure I can change. Only had an hour to play yesterday but it was a lot of fun. Love that animation above me. That's what should happen when people want to invest in Pantheon.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Already got two infinite combos ready for online play

Imposter shinnok vs any quan chi or shinnok allows this
smile.png

Mimicry prob the best move in da game

spronk

FPS noob
Lord knows why I keep buying fighting games. They remind me that I'm old as fuck because my execution skills and reaction time are complete shit now.
holy shit you aren't kidding, i haven't really played a fighting game in a long, long time and i feel like a little girl playing. i cannot for the life of me memorize moves or figure out how to really do anything and have resigned myself to just randomly mash all the buttons and flail around hoping to get some shit done. the game is hella fun though, been playing online and matchmaking seems pretty decent, so far haven't won a single game but I seem to be getting matched with worse and worse players so its only a matter of time until i beat someone!!!

great game, i've had to stop and go JESUS CHRIST WTF WAS THAT so many times at seeing some of these moves, fatalities, brutalities, etc. The level of detail they have put into the game is insane. Lots more extra stuff too than I thought, running around the crypt area is kinda cool just unlocking art, background info, etc. I even got attacked in there by some random monster. tower mode and king of the hill seem cool, and i could see hardcore players playing this forever with daily and weekly leaderboards. no problems with netcode for me but some people say its really bad (dunno if its platform thing or region or what)

the gore and brutality in the game is amazing on one hand, but on the other hand i remember playing mortal kombat like at 11 or 12 and i can't even imagine kids playing this game (and you know like 1/2 the people playing are kids). crazy stuff

turbo

Molten Core Raider
holy shit you aren't kidding, i haven't really played a fighting game in a long, long time and i feel like a little girl playing. i cannot for the life of me memorize moves or figure out how to really do anything and have resigned myself to just randomly mash all the buttons and flail around hoping to get some shit done. the game is hella fun though, been playing online and matchmaking seems pretty decent, so far haven't won a single game but I seem to be getting matched with worse and worse players so its only a matter of time until i beat someone!!!

great game, i've had to stop and go JESUS CHRIST WTF WAS THAT so many times at seeing some of these moves, fatalities, brutalities, etc. The level of detail they have put into the game is insane. Lots more extra stuff too than I thought, running around the crypt area is kinda cool just unlocking art, background info, etc. I even got attacked in there by some random monster. tower mode and king of the hill seem cool, and i could see hardcore players playing this forever with daily and weekly leaderboards. no problems with netcode for me but some people say its really bad (dunno if its platform thing or region or what)

the gore and brutality in the game is amazing on one hand, but on the other hand i remember playing mortal kombat like at 11 or 12 and i can't even imagine kids playing this game (and you know like 1/2 the people playing are kids). crazy stuff
I still can not fathom how I ever beat Killer Instict on the hardest mode back in the day. I have a feeling I'd get waxed on the last fight. Broke 2 remotes on that game.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just finished the story mode tonight and good lord was that a terrible ending.

spronk

FPS noob
finished the story mode too and yeah the story is not that good, nowhere close to MK9. Only around 5 hours too, whereas I think MK9 was like... 20 hours? The best part of MK X is the moves, fatalities, brutalities, and multiplayer. Unfortunately almost all of that is better seen on twitch/youtube, unless you are playing MP with friends its just not going to hold your interest past 10 hours. Tower mode does unlock minor character arcs, but they seem totally unconnected to any real story just random comic book style "what if..." scenarios.

Trades into Best Buy for $44.80 (with GCU) this week so its going in tomorrow, only paid $40 so -$5 rental isn't bad at all. Plat trophy requires a ton of time and isn't really feasible unless you are going to sink 50+ hours grinding it out.

Glad I didn't buy the season pass or CE or anything, I'd say in 6-10 months when the complete edition is out with all DLCs and stuff it may be a good time to check it out. If you are a huge MK fan though it seems to more or less work fine, at least on PS4. I'm way too old to play right though, some of the combo flow moves are just insane to try and execute especially dealing with frame break timing.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah well if you aren't playing this for the multiplayer you ain't getting the full experience

King of the hill captures the old gather around the arcade machine feeling

Made some steam pals after some close games last night