Most underrated and overrated movies ever

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
But saying it's the best action movie ever? Kinda overrated.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Moon and Whiplash both top notch for underrated.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Have to watch the special edition. Labor drink day!

51F8XXKPNCL.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
On terminator two it is a combination of the absolute hype that surrounded that movie until I was finally able to see it on vhs when someone else rented it and the ending;

a) they throw the original terminator’s arm in the molten metal, cool but they also left new Arnie’s arm in the giant gear wheel thing it got crushed and ripped off by.
B) “I now know why you cry.” Fuck off. Fuck you. And fuck that. I laughed, people got mad.

So, to me, the movie is overrated but still an excellent movie.

Now, A Thin Red Line is grossly overrated and Pixels; Pixels is overrated.

Underrated... Hardcore: Henry. Sharlto Copley is my favourite African American Actor.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I agree with T2 being overrated. "I promise not to kill anyone." Are you fucking kidding me? A terminator that doesn't kill? Fucking gay. He spends the entire movie shooting people in the kneecaps. Even when he unloads the gatling gun near the end, he doesn't kill anyone. There's no way anyone in the future is following that douche Ed Furlong into battle. No way that whiny little faggot turns into a badass military leader. I would give T2 a 6/10. I think people have fonder memories of that movie than it deserves because we were all pretty much kids when it came out, and it had a liquid terminator in it and really good explosions, but as far as a total movie experience, it's pretty weak.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I have seen several people hating on the 13th warrior and in general seems to be considered a flop. I like that move and can rewatch it any time i catch it on the tv.
The whole Star Wars shebang always seemed overrated to me. Some of them are decent but the ultra hype they have generated is not warranted.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I still feel like people are using underrated when talking about movies that are very highly rated, but don't have a wide audience. I think that's a separate thing from a movie being better than it's being given credit for. Dredd being brought up a few times. Virtually everyone I have ever heard of that has seen that movie has greatly enjoyed it, but it was marketed terribly and should have been seen by 4 times as many people.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
True underrated movie

Devil

it has the stink of mknight, but with just 5 ppl acting and you(the audience) not know wtf is going on... it works as horror suspense.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I have seen several people hating on the 13th warrior and in general seems to be considered a flop. I like that move and can rewatch it any time i catch it on the tv.
The whole Star Wars shebang always seemed overrated to me. Some of them are decent but the ultra hype they have generated is not warranted.

The Star Wars hype was well deserved back in the late 70's, early 80's when the original trilogy came out. They were well ahead of their time, and the combination of plot and character development really meshed well, and gave us several unforgettable characters and two of the best movies ever made. Even ROTJ, which gets a lot of hate, was a really good movie, if not somewhat ruined by the introduction of the Ewoks. Where the hype should end, is for everything after ROTJ. The prequels, and the sequels are absolute dog shit, and Disney is going to tarnish whatever reputation Star Wars once held when they release a new Star Wars movie every year for the next 25 years. It's a shame, really, because the story pretty much did (and should have) ended after Return of the Jedi. George Lucas lost his talent by the time he made the prequels, and then lost his mind when he sold the franchise to Disney. Nothing after ROTJ should have ever been made. It's like Seinfeld always says, "leave them wanting more."

• 3Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Holy shit, someone other than me actually watched Thirteen Days? Great movie and although it sucks off the Kennedys a bit too much for my liking (and went really soft on their portrayal of Admiral Anderson), it did about as good a job as you possibly could of showing how close we came to nuclear war without just being a documentary. And I loved the way Michael Fairman handled Stevenson's speech to the UN where he absolutely crushed Ambassador Zoren.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Death to smoochie is so screwed up, I love it.

• 1Like

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Underrated: Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son about his Father

Overrated: Avengers - Infinity War

• 1Like