Most underrated and overrated movies ever

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Cloud atlas is one of my favorites but everyone hates it. I have a feeling only low iq people like ourselves enjoy it
It's a rambling mess of a movie that somehow comes together at the end to punch home the feels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Cloud atlas is one of my favorites but everyone hates it. I have a feeling only low iq people like ourselves enjoy it
I have a hard time enjoying anything by the Wachowskis knowing that everything I'm seeing on the screen is some sort of convoluted statement about trannys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It's a rambling mess of a movie that somehow comes together at the end to punch home the feels.

First viewing its not good but it gets better with each subsequent viewing. I realized i really liked it on probably my third time watching it.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Underrated: Hell or High Water. One of my all time favorite movies, and somehow the studio that produced it thought it was bad, and didn't put any money into advertisements, so it was released without most people even knowing it was in theaters. Shows you how stupid movie execs really are.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Overrated: Aliens (Alien 2). Pretty simple shoot-em up that gutted the original's cool idea for an ultimately fairly medicore 'Nam in Space 1980s action flick.

Underrated: Alien 3. It clearly has flaws, but brought existential horror back to the franchise (if only shortly). Subverting the suger-coated happy ending of Aliens right at the start was a genius move among others.

• 5Dislike
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 13 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Underrated - Crossroads (2002) - a true coming of age film centered around a group of friends from Georgia.

Fucking kidding!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Overrated: Aliens (Alien 2). Pretty simple shoot-em up that gutted the original's cool idea for an ultimately fairly medicore 'Nam in Space 1980s action flick.

Underrated: Alien 3. It clearly has flaws, but brought existential horror back to the franchise (if only shortly). Subverting the suger-coated happy ending of Aliens right at the start was a genius move among others.

giphy.gif

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

some opinions are wrong, rolling stone is defending pedophilla

and theyre wrong, just like your opinion

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I know this board and other niche fans are an exception, but Dredd is ridiculously underrated by the rest of society. I mean, most non-woke critics love it, so "underrated" might be the wrong word, but maybe "underexposed"? We all know how great it is, but people have either never heard of it or think I'm talking about the Stallone version. The ones I do convince to watch it love it, but they just don't even know it exists until then.

Fuck, now I'm sad. If I had $100 million to throw away, I'd fund two more movies with Urban and Thirlby (sp?) to reprise their roles.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I know this board and other niche fans are an exception, but Dredd is ridiculously underrated by the rest of society. I mean, most non-woke critics love it, so "underrated" might be the wrong word, but maybe "underexposed"? We all know how great it is, but people have either never heard of it or think I'm talking about the Stallone version. The ones I do convince to watch it love it, but they just don't even know it exists until then.

Fuck, now I'm sad. If I had $100 million to throw away, I'd fund two more movies with Urban and Thirlby (sp?) to reprise their roles.
This conversation occurred earlier in the thread years ago and this specific movie was brought up. There are a lot of movies being listed as underrated that are actually very highly rated that just need a broader audience. Also, Dredd is awesome.

Chris

Potato del Grande

I didn't know that Rian Johnson was on this forum.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

Wow, I didn't think there was someone this stupid on the entire planet. I've literally never seen anyone who said they disliked Aliens, which is one of the greatest sci-fi movies of all time, and at the same time liking Alien 3, which was one of the worst sequels ever made. Let me guess, Battlefield Earth is your favorite movie of all time?

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Let him carry on. Please Zw.. list more movies that you hate.

It's a sure fire way to get a list of movie Gold.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

Sugar-coated happy ending? Do you not recall an entire squadron of marines getting iced and only 3 people and half an android surviving? Did you miss the implications of Newt being the lone surviving colonist after the only other surviving colonist begs the marines to kill her before she is literally eviscerated by a chestbuster?

It is nice that you confuse the studios intransigence concerning the original scripts of Alien 3 with a brilliantly planned subversion of expectations. Pro tip: they just needed a convenient way to get rid of the other actors because the studio fucked up and greenlit a cheaper script that didn't include them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

1600202195348.png

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 8 users