Most underrated and overrated movies ever

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
overrated: Star Wars Trilogy, I consider it as one entity
underrated: The Usual Suspects
I am not sure you can claim The Usual Suspects is under rated when its universally loved and respected.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Overrated- Marvel films at this point- anything they make is considered an event now and good stories have become great stories.

Underexposed- either Snatch or Frailty.

Underrated- Battlefield Earth....discuss

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Overrated - Inception, Avatar, Titanic
Underrated - Grandma's Boy, Warrior, Last Starfighter

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Avatar was hardly overrated. It changed the movie industry as a whole. 3D was a joke gimmick before Avatar. Now it's a real thing that's pretty impressive. It suddenly adds depth to your field of view instead of just making an axe or some shit jump off of the screen at you.

The movie itself wasn't amazing. It was a video game version of Pocahontas, but it's what the technology represents and accomplished that makes it so good. Just like "The Matrix" did with that spinning camera jump shot thing. That was amazing.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I think Predator 2 is underappreciated.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

I would agree on Predator 2. Best Predator movie after the 1st one.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Last Starfighter

images

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I saw this as a kid and loved it. Picked this up on Blu-Ray from the 7.99 bin a couple years ago.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Avatar was hardly overrated. It changed the movie industry as a whole. 3D was a joke gimmick before Avatar. Now it's a real thing that's pretty impressive. It suddenly adds depth to your field of view instead of just making an axe or some shit jump off of the screen at you.

The movie itself wasn't amazing. It was a video game version of Pocahontas, but it's what the technology represents and accomplished that makes it so good. Just like "The Matrix" did with that spinning camera jump shot thing. That was amazing.

That's more the tech behind it, the movie itself though while I won't call it shit, wasn't that good at all. "The Matrix" did far more than a spinning camera jump shot thing to deserve it's spot (the first Matrix at least).

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Underrated: Step Brothers.

The ending of the movie sucks, but everything up until the last 15 minutes is fucking epic.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Underrated: Dredd, The RAID 1 and 2.

Overrated: Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Divergent, and The Last Jedi (T2 is an 8/10 movie, I just always thought it was overrated by anyone that scores it higher and gets angry when you disagree)

Stardust is one of those movies everyone loves and no one remembers but should still be viewed by everyone, the terrible ungodly things I would do to Claire Danes though...

I've never heard anyone NOT love Step Brothers.

I don’t like Will Farrel, I don’t like most comedies. I didn’t like Step Brothers.

That is also why I don’t review comedies or any other movie from a genre I typiclaly do not enjoy.

(My fav comedy is Get Him to the Greek, I don’t hate comedies I just don’t think most of them are funny. Just stupid. That’s just me though, I ain’t judging others)

Last edited:
  • 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Underrated: Smokin’ Aces 1 but not 2, 2 sucks.

Overrated: anything with that clown Jim Carey (except the Truman Show), he isn’t a comedian he is a clown. You don’t laugh with him, he doesnt make you think. You laugh at him, because he’s a fucking clown.

• 2Like