Most underrated and overrated movies ever

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Recently re-watched the fifth element, it's actually pretty overrated.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Underrated: Last Action Hero. It's basically self-satire and one of the few instances where Schwarzenegger stepped into humor successfully.

Overrated: Avatar. Five seconds into the trailer I knew it was a new spin on the noble savage myth. Overdone and I really dislike being lectured to.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Overrated: Reservoir Dogs - Watched that a few days ago because I loved it in college... what a piece of shit.

Underrated: Igby Goes Down - Still holds up as a funny little slice of life

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Underrated - Constantine and the original Silent Hill movie. Two of my all time favorites, subjective as it is. Will rewatch regularly.

Overrated - Black Panther. Bitch, please.

Hot take: I would rather see Keanu reprise his Constantine role rather have either John Wick 2 or 3 ever made.

I might even have take it over the first. I fucking love Constantine.

• 2Dislike
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Reading this thread for the first time. Saw Stardust on the first page, never heard of it. Ahem, slinking off to watch it now on Netflix...

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Reading this thread for the first time. Saw Stardust on the first page, never heard of it. Ahem, slinking off to watch it now on Netflix...

Stardust was actually pretty great. Neil Gaiman is just a great story teller.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Bump!

I often hear about how great Leon: The Professional is. I just watched it last week and though it was meh.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Transformers The Movie 1986:

Underrated in the sense that we all know it’s a 10/10 but it should also I have a religion built around it. If you disagree kindly lick it from the back for your energon cube.

“Megatron must be stopped , no matter the cost” - Optimus Prime

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bump!

I often hear about how great Leon: The Professional is. I just watched it last week and though it was meh.
1uf27Y7.gif

• 2Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Leon was alright. The relationship between Leon and uhh whatever her name was is suspect especially when you realize the same culture that made it also made cuties.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea I guess any movie made in Hollywood is also suspect for the same reasons. Or in America because of Epstein.

There was nothing weird about his relationship with Portmans character at all, he was literally a sacrificial father figure.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Leon was alright. The relationship between Leon and uhh whatever her name was is suspect especially when you realize the same culture that made it also made cuties.

Leon would have been a LOT BETTER if Nicolas Cage was in it instead of that Gary Oldman guy.

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Leon would have been a LOT BETTER if Nicolas Cage was in it instead of that Gary Oldman guy.
I like Oldman a lot, but he took it a bit too far over the top in Leon. Toning it down a few notches (especially early on in the movie) would have improved the film.