Motorcycle Thread

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So i've been thinking about learning to ride but i have a problem; my right ankle doesn't work due to nerve damage from an old injury. I can drive a car fine as i use the heel as a fulcrum. Would that prevent me from driving a bike or be a safety issue? The right foot controls the rear brake yes?

I know this isn't an ideal alternative, but I have a buddy who lost his leg (and a few fingers) in a car accident and rides a trike/slingshot. There might be some more alternatives for braking on those things.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Im not too proud or ashamed to say, id love to rock walters new space marine suit.

Save time skip straight to 1minute, cant mark spot via phone.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Even more shit to charge..

Gotta charge my phone, watch, headphones, helmet, vest, pants.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Don't think I could wear it unless it filtered piss into noce fresh cold water. ;-)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You charge your pants? Do we want to know why?

lol, I was referring to the lights that guy was wearing on his suit. Wonder if it has a USB plug in so I can charge my phone whilest looking flyth.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
If you find it will work out for you, I would sign up for a Motorcylce Safety Foundation Course right away. I think most states require you to take it now just to get your endorsement.(provided you are in the US) If you have friends you trust that ride definitely hit them up as well.

Fair warning, at this point if you want to do the course I would wait until September. It's two days mostly outdoors in a parking lot. You need full length pants, a long sleeve shirt, and helmet. I did mine in June a few years ago and it was hot as all fuck.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
You're also on top of an engine and ride at low speed, so all the heat goes straight to your balls and into your jacket, keeping all your precious organs nice and toasty. It's a hoot.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was mostly saying to sign up asap because usually this time of year, you're looking at a month long wait just to get in. This past week in Boulder has been hot as fuck tho with more to come I think.

Managed to get bar end mirrors and a tail tidy installed, looks a lot better now. Will post an after pic once I remember to snap one.

Sludig

I've learned to embrace the heat, rode this week despite >95degree's. Helps at highway speeds. I enjoyed wetting my tshirt under my jacket. I might invest in one of those moisture shirts that holds water in longer to give you an extended swamp cooler effect rather than drying up in 5minutes.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My wife and I got on the bike tonight and drove an hour and a half to a decent vineyard with a great restaurant. Had a lovely dinner, drove home. It was glorious.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I should have rode this past weekend, it only topped 95. :(

Instead I bought a slot next weekend at a track where it will be 105 instead.

I'm smrt and stuff.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
My wife and I got on the bike tonight and drove an hour and a half to a decent vineyard with a great restaurant. Had a lovely dinner, drove home. It was glorious.

It's stuff like this is what makes it all worth it. I come home from work, eat dinner spend some time with the kids when I have them, then go for an hour ride in the evenings just enjoying life. Weekends when I'm able, I just pick a direction and go...

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

I love this guy's videos, little tongue in cheek stuff and will actually talk shit about products.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Dude isn't following the script of the manufacturers, that's for sure.

A dumpster fire is 25% more efficient than the regular H2. Hah

Sludig

Less than a year riding and I already want to try that supered H2. im still weak on harder curves at high enough speeds probably not helped by how high I sit on versys 1000. Do fine at 80 on any state and national highway curves but only ever come close to peg dragging on my vulcan s doing like 20mph.

But straight line dragging <3