Motorcycle Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Castor wheels never change direction that smoothly, and how would you mount the castors to make them that easy to get the bike onto them?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Neat stands, though my dillema is how the fuck to get my front wheel off the H2 for tire changes. The amount of weight to balance it onto the rear wheel while on the center stand feels kinda risky to me. Most front stands I don't see how they could allow the room to remove the front wheel at the same time. No ceiling rafters for hanging/balancing it on the center stand that way.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
To remove the front wheel you have four options: hang from the rafters, lift under the engine, centre stand or a front stand that pins under the triple tree.

It all feels some variation of sketchy.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
To remove the front wheel you have four options: hang from the rafters, lift under the engine, centre stand or a front stand that pins under the triple tree.

It all feels some variation of sketchy.

For front end work on a bike I would always go for an engine lift (cherry picker) with a strap around the triple tree.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pitbull has a hybrid front stand I think you could mostly feel comfortable with. It can lift from lower forks, triple tree, or both at the same time.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I do 90% of my wheel changes with an under the fork lift stand. Unless you're pushing on your bike a lot from the side, having the rear off the ground on a spool type stand is really stable. The head pin stand is also nice because you need it to do any fork servicing, but it's a bit slower to get on to the bike and that's what really matters at a track day.

Hybrid Forklift - Motorcycle Front Stand

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Last time I changed my front tire I strapped a few cement blocks to the back end of the bike and did it on the center stand. I guess that's not cool.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
My under the fork stand is a flimsy piece of shit. I never tried removing my wheel while my bike is standing on it, figured that would be pushing my luck a bit but thinking about it the bike is actually pretty stable with the rear stand on spools.

I always used either a under engine lift or hanging off the rafters depending on the headers.

I might give it a shot next time I need the wheel off.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
did some testing today

my left rear turn signal will light up when i turn it on, but it will stay a solid color (no blinking) UNLESS I rev the engine and then it will go out as the engine is revved and then come right back to a solid color afterwards.

front left blinker wont do anything, so im guessing its the bulb

thots?

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
So I'm pretty new to riding. Always wanted a Ducati and think I'm about to bite the bullet in panigale 1299 r. Any Ducati riders on here?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So I'm pretty new to riding. Always wanted a Ducati and think I'm about to bite the bullet in panigale 1299 r. Any Ducati riders on here?

I sure the hell wouldn't be starting out with a 1300cc bike.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I sure the hell wouldn't be starting out with a 1300cc bike.

I grew up in the era where rice rockets were a new fangled thing and everyone and their mom was buying an Interceptor or a Ninja. Rich cunt of a twat at my high school who had every toy convinced his daddy to buy him an 1100 Ninja when the only thing that kid ever road before was 125 Dirt bike.

First day he brought it to school he reved it up to 8K popped the clutch and we all watched it do a back flip right on top of him. Lucky for him when one of the clips on instantly broke off the kill switch tripped. Probably one of my best days in HS was seeing that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone somewhere warm enough to ride? I've been itching. Got 30 miles in yesterday when it actually hit like 50F. Brand new super bike and I've only managed 400 miles in 3 months. Another 100 to go for break in, then service. Ideally then spend a little time getting to know it at full supercharged fury then I have the $,1200 waiting to plop down on exhaust, filter, and tune which from multiple tuners allegedly has oodles un tapped on this bike. Be it for emmissions or I suspect to try and make a bigger gap between the identical engine $45k+ version to this 20k. (Different geometry impeller blade aside.)

Got my sliders this week. Still looking at screen options but tough for highway speeds and my height still. I have a R&G paint protection kit coming that has a bunch of pre cut shapes. If it's even half decent will be nice $150 vs much more having it custom done locally.

Did have a laugh, someone has a higher and wider bar finally for the h2. Not sure I like even though I was hoping for a helibar type deal like they have on the concourse. Just looks blasphemous and just too pricey in USD to try and turn it in a versys kinda.
1551507047298.png

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
The handlebars on the versys are pretty awesome. All that leverage makes it easy to do tight slow speed turns for such a large bike. So I can see the appeal but they'd look all kind of weird on superbike.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I mistakenly assumed the nice weather would continue into the weekend, 3 inches of snow later :(

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hit a high of 75F here today. Can tell it's motorcycle weather. Heard a large pack riding out to the state park when I was outside for a few.

Molten Core Raider
Ive been on the bike off and on all this past week, temps been bouncing between 50 and 70, with mostly sunny patches in between rain. It is about the only time of the year eastern nc isnt miserable weather wise.