Motorcycle Thread

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Had a 750 GS back in the day and it was one of the best things I've ever owned. Great bike for whatever you want to do with it - I'd had this idea I would ship it to San Francisco and ride up to Vancouver but never did it. Ended up selling it 2 years after purchasing because I had a few close calls. Jealous.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think mine was the year before they changed the name to 700 GS then 750 GS. Name for these has always seemed weird to me, it's the 800cc GS engine tuned differently.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I have reunited with my old BMW. Friend who bought it from me didn't want it anymore, $4500 later it is in my garage again. Not totally sure I'll keep it but is worth more than $4500 probable more like $7000 if you are patient with it.It is pretty well setup for living in Colorado tho. Zega Pro cases, GPS mount, bash plate, needs new ties. I used it mostly for commuting and camping. Photo is old, day after I bought her in 2011.

View attachment 200818
I gotta try it. These are what got me into liking "Adventure" bikes and getting the versys. Though shame I'm still such a speed freak and went w/ the H2.

Rode in that rain and wind last week. Froze my ass off going from Loveland to Longmont. I've ridden in rain on the versys and felt fine. The h2 which normally I feel like is more planted and wind resistant was actually feeling super sketchy top heavy/kinda drifting in the lane before I even got to the highway (55mph US34). Not sure if it's the much more street/track oriented S21's or whatever it has for tires vs the Pilot's or whatever I had on the versys.

Probably was not helped by riding after dark throwing off my sense of things.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The more time I spend on it in the garage, the more I realize there is zero chance I will sell it at least until next fall. Hoping my friend finds the original windscreen. He put one on that looks like it works great but is fuggly. Also need the side cases sent to me, shipping company wouldn't allow them as it made it to wide.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This time of year in the northern midwest, what kind of oil are you guys putting in your bikes? I've got a BMW r1100rt, recommendations? It's a 2000 with 50,000 miles on it.

Sludig

Dunno, I was about to start shopping for extra most bestest oil since I'm trying to make this thing last 50k or dare I dream 100k miles. First change was just on the oem 10w40 dino oil.

It's probably one of the worst 10 subjects online to try and read about due to differing opinions and many opinions that may sound reasonable but have no true technical back ground knowledge.

Sludig

74 degrees. Too hot to ride on anything but highway. At least after being acclimated to highs of 50 and walking into work at 30 in the am.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Both those Arch bikes look awesome. Im jealous

EDIT I've also been contemplating putting those headlights on my Street Triple.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
How do you not shit your pants at the 1:32 mark at those speeds? Is it one of those "I made my peace and lets see how this turns out" thing?

Its like feature creep / ability bloat in games / slow boils . . . you dont realize your doing 163mph through bumper to bumper rush hour traffic going between 18 wheelers, because the week before it was 159, the week before that, 152, etc etc.

But the le mans guys are fucking awesome.

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Picked it up last Friday. Second bike, started on a Honda 250 CRF rally (for the road, have almost 30 years dirtbike experience, road driving is a whole new beast. Trees dont generally merge into your path or pull u turns at 60 on the trail)

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I like those FZ/MT-07s. I would have started on one if the insurance hadn't been completely ridiculous in California for those. My R3 was stupid expensive as well relatively.

Now just convert it for the track!

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It fits perfect, looking at it is deceiving. I’m 5’8” and can almost flat foot. Comfort wise its the most comfortable bike I’ve ridden yet (I have not ridden a cruiser to date)

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So any of you north of the Mason-Dixon been riding yet? I've been out a few times, but man screw this weather overall...

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So any of you north of the Mason-Dixon been riding yet? I've been out a few times, but man screw this weather overall...

Yeah, I've been riding for about a month. On and off. I have heated grips and a good suit, so the cold doesn't bother me, I've been out while it's in the 30s, but when it's sloppy and slippery I can't go out. Too much snow, frost, and rain for my taste this time of year. Supposed to go on a weekend ride next weekend, we'll see what happens I guess. If it rains the whole weekend I won't go.