Mount & Blade - A Clash of Kings 2.0 Releasing March 28th!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So my 35 dudes joined a big ravenstern war party to take out Aeldarian and it let me capture him. And he's offering to teach me the secrets of Noldor equipment. Maybe you need to patch to 3.611?

Good christ. Yeah it gives you EVERYTHING Noldor for your custom order. Super armor and spirit horses too. 0.o

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So my 35 dudes joined a big ravenstern war party to take out Aeldarian and it let me capture him. And he's offering to teach me the secrets of Noldor equipment. Maybe you need to patch to 3.611?

Good christ. Yeah it gives you EVERYTHING Noldor for your custom order. Super armor and spirit horses too. 0.o
fucking hell. I've beat his dumb ass 3 times. I'll have to look at the patch. I'm too busy minecrafting though...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So do you have to actually be a vassal of faction X to join one of their knight orders?

*edit*

Seems not, just have to have higher standing than what I currently have or something.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So do you have to actually be a vassal of faction X to join one of their knight orders?

*edit*

Seems not, just have to have higher standing than what I currently have or something.
correct. The knight orders are loosely coupled with the factions (Because of their default city locations and base troops)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I'd joined in the past but it seems to be different now with the whole ranking system.

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Party mechanics are pissing me off. I've got about 60 knights of the raven spear and 60 silvermist rangers. If the knights are above the rangers in the party list and I go into battle, I get about 50 knights and 10 rangers. Do I need to have a higher number of rangers to get a better ratio in battle? It's confusing the hell out of me.

Also, pretty disappointed with the rangers. They seem to be kinda squishy. My original plan was to get knights of the ebony gauntlet for infantry and roll around with all 3, but with their crossbows, the ebony gauntlet guys could pretty much fill the roll that silvermist are filling poorly. Maybe it's just because I'm not bringing enough to battles to make a difference. My knights of the raven spear are kicking ass. They rock at defending sieges and on the field.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Silvermist are pretty amazing, but yes, the party mechanics are the biggest reason why just massing heavy cavalry works the best. But while I love them, Silvermist are probably pretty unnecessary unless you have enough honor that upgrading to honor troops is really cheap. That's mainly because Pendor Grey Archers are already amazing archers, but also because the Ebony Gauntlet order is so incredibly versatile. Ebony Gauntlet knights are pretty mean with the crossbows and right bastards in melee, plus their sergeants come with blunt weapons so make fantastic slavers if you aren't doing a custom order.

Nobody defends a siege like Silvermist though. They are basically Noldor tier archers even without upgrading the order. They're also pretty good on siege offense because they clear the walls really quickly.

*edit*

This gave me a chuckle when I saw it.

kmMDl8W.jpg

kmMDl8W.jpg

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I try to take out a bounty quest for whatever army I'm going after before I take them out. They payout is nice.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Silvermist are pretty amazing, but yes, the party mechanics are the biggest reason why just massing heavy cavalry works the best. But while I love them, Silvermist are probably pretty unnecessary unless you have enough honor that upgrading to honor troops is really cheap. That's mainly because Pendor Grey Archers are already amazing archers, but also because the Ebony Gauntlet order is so incredibly versatile. Ebony Gauntlet knights are pretty mean with the crossbows and right bastards in melee, plus their sergeants come with blunt weapons so make fantastic slavers if you aren't doing a custom order.

Nobody defends a siege like Silvermist though. They are basically Noldor tier archers even without upgrading the order. They're also pretty good on siege offense because they clear the walls really quickly.

*edit*

This gave me a chuckle when I saw it.

kmMDl8W.jpg
What's the rating about? Is that the number of units you dispatched during the quest?

kmMDl8W.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's basically the relative strength of your warband vs the strength of the bounty targets. In this case, I trained a 900 strong snake cult army onto a full d'shar war party and then assisted. I didn't actually expect any credit for the quest, I just wanted to get rid of the army because they were up to 3 and the d'shar campaign happened to be right there pillaging a village. In the past when I've assisted someone kill one of my bounty targets, I didn't get any credit at all for the quest, so I thought this was pretty funny.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I'm getting the urge to play some more M&B, but I've pretty much conquered Pendor and the default Warband game too many times. What's another good mod to try? I'm leaning toward Floris but maybe I'll play some cRPG. I tried cRPG but couldn't get it to work before (I can't remember why).

edit: Just got cRPG to work and don't really like it. It seems to drop the best parts of M&B and is a worse version of chivalry.

I'm also looking at:
(ASOIAF - Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (1.0 released 13th of September)
Blood and Steel

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
ASOIAF is a fun mod but it falls under the same trap as vanilla in that you get really strong really fast and the fights start to become trivial. It's still pretty fun to be able to mercilessly roll over the Lannisters. I would really like to find something similar to PoP as well where they at least have the roaming hero armies to keep the difficulty turned up for most of the game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's amazing how much that handful of hero armies adds to the depth of the game. Dissapointing that ACOK's curve is that easy. With how huge the map is it'd suck to be immortal before you see it all.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Really impressed with the initial look of this mod. Maybe it's bullshit and they just have storm's end setup to be more detailed than the rest but they seem to have gone through a lot of effort to put the world into the game.

It does make me wish there was a way to package up the art made in the GoT Minecraft server and distribute it in these games though. That work is incredible, perhaps one of the greatest community art projects ever.

kings-landing-4.jpg

kings-landing-2.jpg

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Since this thread got bumped, might as well mention they did a small update at theofficial sitea while ago, with some screens, concept art, and the broad strokes of the narrative.

MnB2 is going to be a prequel, doing a "fall of the Roman Empire" analog in terms of the story, although it looks like the tech level is still going to basically be medieval.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm in a bit of dilemma with my start. ACOK has the ability to have all the companions in the inn of your starting city and it also has the ability to borrow money at the start. This means instead of doing the typical traveling to each city to get your companions you can just borrow a bunch of money and recruit your companions at the start. This saves me a lot of trouble but feels like cheating. Normally I'd say screw it and avoid using that feature but the world map of ACOK is so huge and there's so many inns that it could take forever to find companions. Plus ACOK doesn't have the ability like PoP (and maybe diplomacy?) has to find companions you haven't discovered yet by asking about them in taverns.

Elerion

N00b
Uhm, PoP doesn't have that ability either, unless they changed something. You could ask about former companions who had left you, but not ones you hadn't recruited yet.