Mount & Blade - A Clash of Kings 2.0 Releasing March 28th!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It was a new feature in PoP 3.6:
[NEW Version 3.611] -- WARBAND - Prophesy of Pendor V3.611 (RELEASE 5-2-2013)
*Ramun gives locations of random unhired companions if you sell him slaves

I played a bunch yesterday and paid off all the debt I accrued recruiting my companions. I'm noticing the curve for money generation at the early game is real slow. I realized that all the bandit dudes have shit for gear. In PoP and I think vanilla you could kill viking raider types that frequently dropped maille chests and sell them for decent $$$. Maybe I'm just used to having a high trading and looting skill.

Compared to PoP and vanilla warband the ACOK mod is really buggy. I had a lot of crash issues until I checked 'load textures on demand' which I guess helps with memory concerns. I still have crashes though and misc bugs with NPC placement. Nothing game breaking yet. I guess the creator of the mod is a huge dick though and gets mad when people tell him about bugs in his thread on taleworlds.

Sulrn

Deuces
Compared to PoP and vanilla warband the ACOK mod is really buggy. I had a lot of crash issues until I checked 'load textures on demand' which I guess helps with memory concerns. I still have crashes though and misc bugs with NPC placement. Nothing game breaking yet. I guess the creator of the mod is a huge dick though and gets mad when people tell him about bugs in his thread on taleworlds.
I've been playing ACOK a lot for the past month with no issues. Are you sure it's not a driver issue? My only complaint is that "The Last Days" figured out a lot of features in MB that I think ACOK could use in Warband. I saw wargs, trolls, and goblins -- I want to see direwolves, Gregor Clegane, and Tyrion.

Haven't played POP, but I'm thinking about converting since ACOK is kind of bland in comparison to TLD.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I might jump to TLD. Even if I fixed the crashes the game has a lot of bugs that can't be driver issues (they're confirmed bugs on the forums). Maybe in a year or so all the bugs will be cleaned up. In one day of playing I found a dozen or so bugs ranging from broken quests, mispelt words, bad models, error messages etc.

Would you say TLD is pretty playable? I'd definitely recommend you try PoP.

Sulrn

Deuces
I might jump to TLD. Even if I fixed the crashes the game has a lot of bugs that can't be driver issues (they're confirmed bugs on the forums). Maybe in a year or so all the bugs will be cleaned up. In one day of playing I found a dozen or so bugs ranging from broken quests, mispelt words, bad models, error messages etc.

Would you say TLD is pretty playable? I'd definitely recommend you try PoP.
I enjoyed TLD because it did feel like another game, unlike ACOK. It lacks some of the funner features of POP/ACOK like enlisting etc, but it is very playable however the custom maps do crash and crash hard at times.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Also anyone hear anything about this:
Looks like Dynasty Warriors + Mount & Blade, which I would masterbate furiously to. I imagine this isn't coming out in America or whatever?

Also yeah, I saw the M&B2 update and it was so lackluster I was a bit underwhelmed. It is all "we're just redoing Mount & Blade 1 with new stuff" which, while great isn't too interesting until we see them almost finished. Though I was expecting something more a year after announcement.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sorry for raising this topic from the dead. Also for the wrong game.

But has anyone tried the Viking Conquest expansion to Mount and Blade Warband? It was released on December 11th. Seems to have a pretty good set of new features, but I was wondering if it's buggy or unfinished or something.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321300/

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The steam reviews seem to be of the consensus it is a cool idea but hamstrung by bugs. I was looking forward to it as well but think I'll hold off on a sale and patch.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's also made by the people who made the Brytenwalda M&B mod, which was the most neckbeardy sperglord mod to a game I think I've ever played.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
M&B really only excels with horse combat IMO, so a viking theme doesn't make much sense to me.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I picked up M&B:W and am having a lot of fun with it. It burns time like Civilization. The interface is a little klunky at times, but the combat and the army management is pretty fun. I lost a couple of hours last night after I had raided some villages and got caught by some patrols, only to remember I had not saved in a while!

I'm trying to complete a bandit quest to track down some sea raiders and it is pissing me off. The quest says to find the source and report back. I killed one of the sea raider patrols (the fuckers are near-impossible to catch) and I found their landing and sacked it but the quest won't complete. I saw some similar questions about this in some forums but I have not seen a clear solution yet. Anyone remember this?

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
If you havent installed the prophesy of pendor mod, do it asap. Vastly better than vanilla warband.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
PoP is a great mod, my second favorite of all time. The last version got a little fucky though with giving players the ability to gear out their own knighthood. If you can earn some money, get lucky with the drops off NPC bosses and wait enough you can turn your custom troops into demi-gods.

ACoK is built on the diplomacy mod, which has similar features to PoP. The reasons I like acok are:

1. The large size of the land, the expanse of it all makes it feel like several areas in conflict rather than one area with a few factions fighting.

2. The close tie-in with the asoiaf universe. Each location and most characters are tied in with the universe. You can meet the stars like Tywin Lannister and you can meet much less known lords that might be mentioned once in the book and only show up in the background on the show. You can walk the streets of King's Landing, or enjoy the docks of Pentos.

3.The actual breadth of troop types, companions, weapons, armor, locations, geography etc is quite large.

4.The quests, for M&B, are fairly in depth and interesting. My favorite is helping Jon Snow beat back a wildling horde at the Wall.

The reasons I like PoP are:
1. The top tier troops are like, 2 tiers above what is possible in vanilla. Fighting those demon knights is like a boss compared to the vanilla or acok knights.
2. The troop variation is much higher. The naked berserker doing super high damage in the north aren't in vanilla. The clusters of those mettenheim dudes are monstrous unless you have archery. The elf-bros shoot machine guns etc.
3. The random NPC bosses add a lot of depth to the game. Not only do you have these mushroom cloud laying armies roaming around destroying everyone, but you can drastically improve your character using the gems they drop both by getting epic weaponry and using the stat buffs.

I think the only two things that acok has over PoP objectively is its size and it's a bit more balanced.

If you don't like GoT / asoiaf universe, I don't think acok is that much better. You'll play the game and be like, "wow this is like 4 warband maps stuck together.. ok...". But being in that universe and interacting with them is a lot of fun.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Been playing With Fire and Sword for a about a week now and saw that M&B has a new game called Caribbean...have any of you tried it out?

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Sorry, one last bump. When you guys place ACOK do you ever find the merchants in the cities with nothing to sell? I find my inventory full a lot of times and I have no one to sell it to. It seems the only way to fix it is by going to a new city and selling there, usually far away from the faction that I'm sworn to.

iannis

Musty Nester
That's probably intentional. I don't know about acok specifically, but floris vanilla and pop all had a mechanic like that. The "merchants run out of moolah" mechanic.

I liked floris a lot. I wonder if that dude every kept working on Silverstag.

Edit: looks like he quit working on it -- and never really got that far past his initial release. Oh well. It had to have been a huge project though.