Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Caliane

I may go back to that save and see what I can do vs that thing. Call my vassals..

plan A would be to try and drag her to a river. fight there, and let my archers do their work.
Plan B would be to dive into the city, and use the walls and my archers. I suspect she'll just turn and take my castles in that case though.

Party is way below str though. probably wont be enough. Also there is a big problem in that the game won't actually field 1237 vs 300-400 at once. I'm not sure on the max.
But I previously had a 350v600 or so battle, and both sides did not field all their units at once, and reinforcements would spawn periodically.
and you don't get to pick which units will be fielded at once. was kindof annoyed to notice 30 footmen, and 4 of my 20+ horse archers, and 3 of my 15 cavalry..

I'm not sure how the game breaks it down. like here, if I go 115 vs 1237. will I field ALL of my 115 vs her 250 at a time? or will it do like Starsector and ratio out uneven numbers.
meaning there, theres a 500 deployment cap, combined. if you have 20 worth 200 points ships, and they have 50 ships worth 1000, 500/1200. .42. you will be able to deploy 80 deployment, and they will get 420.
I think it does. Because as stated previously, in my last large battle, I had no more then 350, possibly less. and I still didn't deploy all my units at once.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I've taken like 8 cities and some castles and the cunt empress keeps giving them to her soyboy or keeping them for herself, other than the one she gave me. I would have rebelled long ago if it were an option.

BTW, I found that Bannerlord Tweaks fixes the food shortage issue (among other things). I had to increase the food bonus though.

Has anyone else found a reason to use siege weapons? Every time I siege a city, I find that they have a bunch of countermeasures in place and it is futile to try to build any since they are destroyed faster than I can build them.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I've taken like 8 cities and some castles and the cunt empress keeps giving them to her soyboy or keeping them for herself, other than the one she gave me. I would have rebelled long ago if it were an option.

BTW, I found that Bannerlord Tweaks fixes the food shortage issue (among other things). I had to increase the food bonus though.

Has anyone else found a reason to use siege weapons? Every time I siege a city, I find that they have a bunch of countermeasures in place and it is futile to try to build any since they are destroyed faster than I can build them.

Once you build one you can quickly right click and store it I believe so that on subsequent sieges you can just pop out a bunch of premades.

I usually just deploy my army right next to the walls and climb the trusty ladders to get inside the castle in like 20 seconds anyway though.

Caliane

yeah, you can click on them as soon as they are built to store em. and then place them back down when you actually Attack. I didnt know yhou could store them for later battles entirely.

Rams are useful. They actually protect decently, while beating down the door. and the door allows another point of entry, and a safer one, then ladders.

Seige ladders seem like shit. offer little/no more real protection then regular ladders. are slower. dont let more up at once. theres 3 ladders, npcs only use one.
Defense. oil and shit is nasty. you can pour that shit on ladders,rams, and into the murder holes inside the gates.

ballista or treb vs gate may work if you practice targeting.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
yeah, you can click on them as soon as they are built to store em. and then place them back down when you actually Attack. I didnt know yhou could store them for later battles entirely.

Rams are useful. They actually protect decently, while beating down the door. and the door allows another point of entry, and a safer one, then ladders.

Seige ladders seem like shit. offer little/no more real protection then regular ladders. are slower. dont let more up at once. theres 3 ladders, npcs only use one.
Defense. oil and shit is nasty. you can pour that shit on ladders,rams, and into the murder holes inside the gates.

ballista or treb vs gate may work if you practice targeting.

I could be wrong about using them in later sieges. Siege ladders confirmed garbage. At least with normal ladders your NPCs will use two per wall.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I have no idea what I am doing, but it seems pretty fun so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Has anyone found a long bow besides just "long bow"? I haven'r run into any other than the basic one so far. It seems like there is still a lot of equipment missing from shops and most shops have almost identical inventory.

Caliane

yes. Ranger bow, western long bow. iirc.
bows.jpg

Last edited:

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I found them. Apparently only sold in Vlandian cities. All of them worse than the best recurve bows which is stupid.

Also, am I missing something or should "Battanian Picked Warrior" actually be "Battanian Pict Warrior"?

Caliane

western bow is better then steppe iirc. its just the noble bow which seems OP.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
yeah, you need vassals asap. with charm previously broken, that was hard as hell. granted now, its kindof just bugged the other way. walk around giving 1 denar to lords to rank up charm..

My update in that last post. skipping quite a bit of time.
after I left Batt, to take mecalovea Castle. I kindof hit and ran took a couple more. take one. payoff for peace.

Vlandian went on the offensive and hit Battania hard. While Southern empire crushed khuzite. wiped them out. 6k down to 200.
Then Southern empire turned west. started crushing vlandia, who was pushing 7k power.
Battania was down to 400 or so... with just Rhotea left. but, that was enough to keep em alive.
While Southern empire was hitting vlandia, taking city after city. Battania declared war on them too. Vland is down to 3k now. Battania actually took some back...
I had sturgia go random hostile on me, during this.. And I used it to take a castle, but it was hard fought. I lost a bit.
But I also hit rank 4. and enacted the +army size policies. sturgia going to war, I had 150man party size. +2 companion parties at 66 each... after.. 320 party size, and +3 companion parties. t

I saw this was the last chance. southern empire is hostile vs two at the same time, and crushing vlandia, the last real threat.
I had a few options.
1. I could go hostile, and take local castles. 2. I could go down there, go hostile and aide the fighting directly.
I choose the later. thinking, my army is much better at smashing open field fights, and if I smashed their armies, I could clean up undefended armies on the way home.

however, I was still only at about 120 units. and 2 allied parties. I had not gotten a chance to grab a new companion yet. (ended up just taking the healer I had i my core party, and giving her a party.) and just grabbed every recruit I could along the way..

This strategy failed almost utterly... I got down there, and found 1 decent army. a 200 man one I did crush. But the rest were like 5-6 loose 50 man parties that just ran away. There was no fight I could really aid.. so I turned back, and did take two castles close to home... But in doing this, southern empire and its 231232 fucking vassels hit one of my original castles.
and then a second one, and while I was taking one of those back, took one of the ones I had just grabbed back... took 2 lost 2.. I quickl made peace, as 2 more of my castles were under attack.. I lost a decent amount of units. And did almost nothing to stop the tide.

morale crushed. I was almost ready to give up. I couldn't see much of a way to stop the Empire. I considered the only way would likely to massively abuse the attack, make peace..

But then, a random southern empire army runs by. I stop and say, hi friend, did you know I am the true Empress of the North? Holy shit. -60 relations, and it works. Clan Aroros bends the knee. And brings 3 armies. 130 man, 80 and 70. lol.
I had been trying to get a Vassal for days. nothing..

So, I gather my party before adventuring forth, and immediately sack Epicortia, then turn and take back Mecalovea Castle. I gave that to my new friends. sure they hate me, but that was my dear home. having the vassels here was key. as soon as I took the city, I disbanded the army. letting loose 4 60ish man parties, while I went and took the castle alone. the parties kept them off my back, and from hitting other castles a bit.

And here is Empress Rhagea coming to take Epicrotea back...
60k the price of 1 charm and peace.. lol. (also the game keeps crashing now.)

Crash does seem to be related to making peace with her giant fuck off party. multiple reloads, every time I talk to her, make peace,a nd try to move on the map, crash.
I was able to revert to a save right after taking the castle, and found a southern empire noble hanging out in my throneroom in Epicrotea for some reason... talked to him, made peace, and been moving around, without crashes.

So yeah, one city may not exactly be saving the world from Empress mommy yet. but, the vassals make all the difference. when I took the castle, with the vassals loose, they ran off and starting attacking villages, and other armies. Distractions. Enemy armies are going to be responding to that, instead of taking castles, or going after me instantly now.
Do you need to be the liege to make peace with a faction? I joined the northern empire to stop the khuzait from snowballing them, but now that they're recovered I want to make peace.

Caliane

Dunno. I merced for Battanian a bit. But just followed their army around. didn't go trying to talk to their enemies solo.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Everytime I successfully "charm" an enemy lord into joining me it crashes my game, so I am effectively soft locked for now since I am currently besieged and have successfully charmed the leader of the massive army at my gates.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

Free cam troop control with pause and slow motion features.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Free cam troop control with pause and slow motion features.
Pretty cool.

I wish they had gone with creating a massively detailed world environment, reduced it's complexity for the world map and then each battle is centered exactly where you start the battle in. Taking advantage of terrain features is super fun and scaling that up to the campaign level would be great.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Interesting problem:

tldr: the collision boxes of the units are like 50% the size they should be, so masses of infanty/horses just kind of blend together and battles are over super quick.

This mod seeks to address that:
254-1586247458-900891897.jpeg

I'm going to give it a try tonight. I've noticed that units clump together way too easily. It makes it a lot easier to move around in a siege though. I feel like the player should be able to partially clip through your own units.

Caliane

Interesting problem:

tldr: the collision boxes of the units are like 50% the size they should be, so masses of infanty/horses just kind of blend together and battles are over super quick.

This mod seeks to address that:
254-1586247458-900891897.jpeg

I'm going to give it a try tonight. I've noticed that units clump together way too easily. It makes it a lot easier to move around in a siege though. I feel like the player should be able to partially clip through your own units.
makes alot of sense. why we miss so much when trying to sword while mounted. why spear walls dont work as well vs cavalry as they should.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Pretty cool.

I wish they had gone with creating a massively detailed world environment, reduced it's complexity for the world map and then each battle is centered exactly where you start the battle in. Taking advantage of terrain features is super fun and scaling that up to the campaign level would be great.
It doesn't seem to work very well at the moment. If I pause and issue a bunch of commands to different troop groups, half the time they all just follow the last order given once the game is unpaused.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
makes alot of sense. why we miss so much when trying to sword while mounted. why spear walls dont work as well vs cavalry as they should.
I dunno if it's related to swing hitboxes, but I also noticed that swinging a sword while mounted seemed a bit off. I've been playing almost the entire game with a menavlion I found pretty early on or a custom menavlion I built. 2h polearms that you can swing is currently OP, I can one shot anything in the game with it or if I don't get enough speed or the target is heavily armored it's a 2 shot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user