Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I dunno if it's related to swing hitboxes, but I also noticed that swinging a sword while mounted seemed a bit off. I've been playing almost the entire game with a menavlion I found pretty early on or a custom menavlion I built. 2h polearms that you can swing is currently OP, I can one shot anything in the game with it or if I don't get enough speed or the target is heavily armored it's a 2 shot.

I have no problems in Warband but I can't hit shit with a sword in Bannerlord (when mounted). It's one of my biggest gripes. It looks to me like it is not just the hitbox but the swing angle is off. It's like you have to look down too far (angle) and the the window is really narrow (hitbox).

It also feels like the damage I do is a little weak (ride by full speed and swing sword at head does not kill) and the damage I take with the best armor I can find is too high.

Caliane

Anyone know if sword sisters are in the game?
they are in the Encyclopedia. in the troops. level 21 unit, with 300 bow listed.. no upgrade tree.

never seen one. appear in towns somewhere?

there are other non-use npcs there. Champion fighter has similar stats, and outfit...

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I'm up to 2 cities plus a castle and making a shitload of money. Second city keeps getting besieged and on the current one I keep convincing the attacker army to stop and game crashes every time. On hold.

I've had up to 700k in cash and it feels like it becomes less useful later on.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm up to 2 cities plus a castle and making a shitload of money. Second city keeps getting besieged and on the current one I keep convincing the attacker army to stop and game crashes every time. On hold.

Having the same crashing problem. Hopefully they patch it sometime this weekend while I am busy with FF7.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
All these hot fixes are wastes of time. The #1 thing this game needs is to pair this mod:

With a lightsaber mod.

344-1586394367-769850572.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

seems that way. till you buy one or two of the 600-800k items.
or, you try to convince a rank 5 noble clan to join you, and the aggree... then ask for 10million+ in worth to join.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I got yellow fever and married Alijin. She died in child birth from the second kid wtf.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
seems that way. till you buy one or two of the 600-800k items.
or, you try to convince a rank 5 noble clan to join you, and the aggree... then ask for 10million+ in worth to join.

What items cost that much?

Maul

Dental Dammer
This game is so fucking buggy, but the potential is there. Also maintaining garrisons is fucking aids and takes forever to do yourself, I tried storing like 200 ranked up units in there (with a huge surplus of food) come back later and half of them have gone, should have governors maintain that shit to get a decent defence. Once you take a city they just ping pong around and you dont even notice they have been retaken.

Also horse archers are fucking obscene, I just killed a 500 person army with 200 of them and took zero losses.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
This game is so fucking buggy, but the potential is there. Also maintaining garrisons is fucking aids and takes forever to do yourself, I tried storing like 200 ranked up units in there (with a huge surplus of food) come back later and half of them have gone, should have governors maintain that shit to get a decent defence. Once you take a city they just ping pong around and you dont even notice they have been retaken.

Also horse archers are fucking obscene, I just killed a 500 person army with 200 of them and took zero losses.

Well, in addition to the food/prosperity bug, building and maintaining a garrison is definitely harder than it should be. They have managed to make recruiting even more tedious than it was in Warband. Also they have removed the training skill so there is no way to automatically develop your troops much less recruit them as you could in all the best mods.

Interesting that you say horse archers are OP; a lot of people were complaining that they suck. I wonder if they were buffed.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
*Sigh*

I really wanted this game to be great. I played Warband a ton and this had so much potential, along with the funding, to flesh out the concept it frustrates the hell out of me when something fails simply due to bad design. It reminds me of how the X-Games keep face planting hard because the programmers that are obviously in charge and refuse to admit that designing a game is equally as difficult and they aren't qualified to do it.

The game lacks the needed structure to hang all the various features on and it shows. There are so many models from existing games they could have drawn from but instead they seem to have the attitude of "if we just code it, it will work". Any strategy game could be adapted to provide that framework but using even something as simple as Might & Magic 3 (a 20 year old game) as a basic campaign model would improve the single player 100-fold. Don't get me wrong, it can't be exactly the same, but there is inspiration to draw from there that would work really well in a M&B game.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
What do you see as fundamentally wrong? The only thing I can think of is the skill system. It's terrible and should be scrapped.

Everything else seems like it just needs to be fleshed out, fixed, and balanced.

Caliane

Steward/leadership/tactics probably should be reworked.

they way people talk, and mod Leadership to also give +party size. I assume Leadership used to be, what stewardship is now, and stewardship wasnt a stat in warband.

So, Leadership should be +party size.
Stewardship is the "governing stat", and thus make some sense for organizing, and training your militias, recruits, and army. And thats, what it should do. give passive exp gain to your troops, owned fiefs, garrisons/militias.

There shouldnt be any "autobattle" stat. Tactics should be something else entirely. speed at which units get into formations maybe? how many groups you can split formations into?
General bonuses to snow/rain/night, cover/forest or something? not sure how that could play out. higher tactics gives you better terrain spawning locations?

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I think a lot of the perks should be redone entirely. I hate how many of them have nothing to do with the skill they are under, like +garrisons under two handed. Also forcing choices between perks is really poorly done, especially in the smithing tree. Many of the perks still don't work at all either.

Despite the laundry list of problems, I'm still having a lot of fun though. I'm fairly certain that most of my issues will be resolved with another year of development+mods.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What do you see as fundamentally wrong? The only thing I can think of is the skill system. It's terrible and should be scrapped.

Everything else seems like it just needs to be fleshed out, fixed, and balanced.
agree 100%, no idea what Denaut Denaut is talking about.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denaut

Trump's Staff

Everything. The lack of structure is what leads too the downstream effects players are complaining about like bad AI, terrible balance, broken features, and a barely functioning skill system. On top of that it lacks any much high level decision-making or resource allocation, doesn't generate the kinds of dilemmas a good strategy game does, and is a barely updated copy of an over ten year old game.

It does have a major advantage over the X games in that its core combat gameplay loop is way more interesting, ES can't even get that right, but it is still way behind where it should be by now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So when I was ready to join a faction I picked the one that was getting beaten the worst, the Northern Empire, who was at war with the Khuzait and lost a few fiefs to them.

After I brought them to parity I said goodbye, married the Khuzait princess and then leveled athletics by marching across the land while I leveled my dick and grew my clan. My plan was to wait until the snowball starts again on another victim and join them. I set an arbitrary threshold of a faction getting down to 2 cities and just fast forwarded while marching on the map till that happened. About 4 kids later the western empire was down to two cities so I joined and now this is my map.

1586540459944.png

They are at war with ALL the factions Both the western cities are under siege and I'm pretty sure this faction is turbo fucked but I'm going to do my best...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Everything. The lack of structure is what leads too the downstream effects players are complaining about like bad AI, terrible balance, broken features, and a barely functioning skill system. On top of that it lacks any much high level decision-making or resource allocation, doesn't generate the kinds of dilemmas a good strategy game does, and is a barely updated copy of an over ten year old game.
I'm pretty sure this is all false.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user