Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh and back to menavliatons vs shield using troops, I've built up an army of Sturgian Veteran Warriors (axe/shield/throwing axe). One way I'm keeping things fresh is I added 4 more tiers of troops onto them that upgrade the armor slightly but add 30 skill points to their athletics/1h/throwing. I also modded some throwing axes that have +2 per stack per tier, such that Sturgian Veteran Warriors have stacks of 3 throwing axes, their upgrade has 5 and the next has 7 and so on.

I changed them to have +10 levels each time such that the top tier is level 76, this is so high to increase the experience required, but it's still too fast for my tastes. One downside is that the only usage of level in the game is to determine force strength, so I'm going into every fight as the favorite on paper despite them being only somewhat stronger. I might redo the leveling curve to be exponential instead of what seems linear just to make them level more slowly

I was originally planning on redoing the troop trees to make the noble Sturgian troops ground soldiers with throwing axes, but after getting an army of ~200 Khan's Guard I got tired of the noble recruit gameplay loop and just wanted to recruit hundreds of Sturgian Recruits and grow them by actually playing the game. Prophecy of Pendor did it better because IIRC you got a steady flow of noble troops into your kingdom based on how many fiefs you control, your honor and some fief upgrades. And then to upgrade those noble troops into a knighthood order you need to spend "prestige" which is earned the same way as renown. So it's a gameplay loop more based on winning battles than by touring around the random villages that have noble troops.

Caliane

Its not looking good. I even abused some save/reload to try and fix some of the dumb mechanics. I rewound time on the "truce". And did stay inside the castle. she did leave. I then basically had to sit there for a while, recouping, and letting her get far away.
of course, catalog then built himself a 1300 man party, took back Dunglanys. Ergeon, who I recruited bailed on us, when that happened. then both catalid with her 700 man party, and Catalog with his now 600 man party both targeted Nevyansk castle... I was able to fall back into it, and between myself, and the garrison I made, I was too big of a threat.
however, eventually my cohesion dropped, and I had to let go a few parties. which suddenly catalid decided to attack... I even paid her to "truce", but this time she left, and riading my village, and immediately turned back and sieged again. not even 1 day.. 790 vs 200+50 garrison+30 militia.
I got her down to 150. sadly raw numbers won. I even personally smashed the ram by throwing rocks on it. and then leveled 11 in bows, after I ran out of javs throwing at one of the seige towers.. I had 4 50 man ally parties outside. I thought, oh well, getting captured to her 150 man party, and then those parties outside would immediately take her down.. but nope.. she somehow WON that fight.. so I reloaded that bs. grabbed my garrison and just bailed out. let her have it.
mazhadan castle was taken by battanian during this. so I went and took it back. spent 100 influence... and wasnt given it.
(im not actually sure how the hell I still have Jogurys over there. lol. I did put alot in the garrison..)

dude still has not made peace. I even have the diplomacy mod, that should have war fatigue.

1588550130310.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
lol.

In my game I went against the empire and have around 40% of the map. I've almost got the northern empire toasted and now that I've taken Epicrotea the game crashes. I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I have a save right before I took Epicrotea.

Caliane

sturgians have declared war on the western empire.

Edit:
2 days later.
Stugrians have declared war on the northern empire.
1588556224186.png

Last edited:

Caliane

we lost ov, kranirog castles, and a clan bailed, taking Revyl, and ustok castle with them.

one more lost city and its time for a vote of no confidence and a New Sturgia.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Are you guys on the main branch or the beta? I gave up on the beta because shit like food shortages in towns are still a thing and many of the mods are not compatible but I'm having a lot of issues with the main branch. Lots of crashes and graphical artifacts. I guess some of it could be the mods I am running I'm at the point the game just isn't worth playing without them and it feels like it is getting worse in some ways.

Caliane

im on main. Im pretty sure most of my mods are 1.3 capable though.
black bar, hentai censure bug is in 1.2 as well. need to turn off "screen space reflections" in performance, if thats the graphical bug you are getting.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I'm getting flickering black triangles that radiate out from cavalry units. I was not seeing that in the beta. I'm also getting A LOT of crashes at the end of battles on the troops/prisoners page. No crash message. I'll try screen space reflections.

Caliane

no surprisingly, Sturgia completely collapsed fighting a 6 front war. Jogurys was hilariously the last to go.
I bowed out before that. Vlandia took most of Sturgia west of Balgard, including it. Khuzait took everything east.

I tried taking ustoc first, I thought being deep in that peninsula it would be fairly easy. surprisingly not. 260 defenders, and Battanian managed to respond fast, with 400 man army, and 600 man one, despite being the "weakest" nation beside me, and the now broken sturgia. Gave up on trying to get that, and hit Ov instead, which only had 150 or so, and despite being more in the open, armies didnt really respond quickly.

Taking that first castle is tough still. no kingdom, limited to 1 party. So, despite having 3 parties... had to hit the castle with only the my main party, which was at 200 men cap at the time. Once done, of course, New Sturgia... Sturgian empire? still need a good name... was able to form, and things got much easier. As a kingdom, +15 royal party size, and can form armies. so 360 man army. was able to declare war on Vlandia and take Omar, and Mazhadan. even ranking up clan size, and passing noble retinue. now have something like 450 man army potential.
Now to start taking back territories. recruiting back the traitors that bailed on Sturgia.(all of them. Sturgia is just clan Rag). need to build up rep to recruit units easier, and build up some cash too.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
If you execute every one you capture...do they come back? Is there a point that no one will help?

Caliane

When you execute a noble, they are permanently gone. If you execute a clan leader, ownership changes to another clan member. if you execute the entire clan, ownership of fiefs transfers to the next strongest clan within their faction. if you execute an entire faction, ownership of fiefs transfers to strongest clans in other factions. Eventually this is you.

Hunting down and murdering nobles when they are in solo parties is definitely one of the easiest ways to "win". There isnt really any counters to it, without rebellion, unrest, etc. nor any diplomacy issue with the negative rep hit. doesnt even make sense there is a negative relation hit for executing at war nobles.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Update!

Looks like mainly crash fixes and quest fixes/additions. I'm underwhelmed, to be honest. I'd like to see them fleshing out and fixing more of the game concepts.

Last edited:

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I started a new game on Friday after the patch. Just got my second fief, my first city. I'm in the middle of nowhere with my bare ass out in the wind and they're chucking army after army at me. Barely defeated one, got another one at the gates. I only have about 60k in cash, which is not nearly enough to pay him off to come fight for the good guys. I negotiated with him to lift the siege and he came back a day later. Nice feature.

Thinking I might have to save scum and go back and break up one of our armies to get some more help.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm using Diplomacy Fixes and it makes kingdom management a bit easier if only because you can send messages to lords you want to poach. It has a significant influence cost (but why...) and takes three days, but it's a hell of a lot nicer than running around looking for a lord to poach only to find him stuck in an army with no way to talk to him.

I've started a campaign to end the Vlandians and Battanians, then I'm going to work on the Western Empire. I might end the game with only three factions alive, me, the Khuzait and the Aserai, which is cool because I started as Khuzait and view myself as part of that culture which is similar to the Aserai.

Caliane

yeah, the "leave us alone" option doesnt do shit. promise to not attack them for 10 days, they make no such promise. so will generally break off the siege, and then immediately attack again 10seconds later. the use would only be, to pay off and run away.

diplomacy fixes is good. but might be a bit too easy to cheese making peace.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I actually went back to a previous save, disbanded armies that were in the area, recruited the lords and ended up with 13 lords in my prison between what I captured and what others put there. If LootLords worked on the beta, I would have hacked all their heads off just for the loots.

Anyway, I made it through that and the town is super secure right now. The main struggle right now is that I own a castle that is on the other side of the map. I guess it has some advantages in terms of having a remote garrison but I would rather have all fiefs be close to each other. I had my wife there as a governor and she wasn't doing shit.

The other thing that is going to make it interesting proceeding is that I started the game before the hotfix that fixed the too many militia in castles problem so some enemy castles have 2k+ militia in them.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
About to pick this back up after not playing since about April 15th. Any highlights on major changes in the last month? I stopped my last campaign right when they were stopping daily patches and moving to stable / experimental builds.

Caliane

vast majority of fixes have been bug/crash/performance honestly. very few real content changes I'd say.

most of that would be in the mods. A good number of solid mods are out, addressing game balance, or missing features.
heres my list as of yesterday. (is there a way to export the list as text for easy, "this is my modlist" sharing?)

510modlist.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
vast majority of fixes have been bug/crash/performance honestly. very few real content changes I'd say.

most of that would be in the mods. A good number of solid mods are out, addressing game balance, or missing features.
heres my list as of yesterday. (is there a way to export the list as text for easy, "this is my modlist" sharing?)

View attachment 269523

This is the list from the game I just started. We have some overlap. Due to the militia bug, I started a new game just a little bit ago and planned and playing a merchant but the first perk is broken so I'm on hold.

- Better Time gives you a "4th gear" on time. Love it for those long trips across the map.
- Unblock so that you don't have to manually unblock DLLs after installing.
- Loot Overhaul, Righteous Execution and Manage Remote Companions, and Best Workshop Type I just added for this game I just added for this game and don't have much experience with them.

1589235013057.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user