Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Caliane Caliane any tips on gettings lords to join you? Ive just been annoying random lords i meet, but is there a way to find out who is pissed at their liege?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Caliane Caliane any tips on gettings lords to join you? Ive just been annoying random lords i meet, but is there a way to find out who is pissed at their liege?

Releasing them a couple of times after battle usually gets you to the point where they are open to the suggestion. I found sieging castles until the AI comes to save it with a group with 5+ lords works best. Once you beat their initial attack, they'll just come back with low tier groups and its just a reputation farm at that point.

Haven't found the conversation options much use.

Caliane

hit N. look at empires>clans. then look at the list of enemies, and see if the faction leader is listed.

to actually get some.
either save scum, or just keep trying every few days, treason is not a lockout, like failing romance, or propose to everyone regardless of who, till you get a bite. just like dating.

does rep help? Honestly, I have no idea. charm does something, but also hard to actually tell. when a trait highlights green, are you supposed to click it specifically?
ive failed too many 79%, 94% chances in a row to have any faith in the dialogue rolls.
Pretty sure most of my successes were in fact people that hated me. -70+

that first playthrough was mostly just asking everyone(esp if I didnt feel like fighting that big ole army.. Oh hey nice 700 man army you got there. wanna join me? oh cool, now its 3 100 man parties, instead of a 700 man army.) targeted recruitment did not work very well.

And again, just killing everyone is probably the easiest atm. (assuming buying everything, they still declare war on you constantly, so you got to keep paying that off?) the advantages of owning everything, not having constant respawn armies, is just greater then the zero counter. as noted, no rebellion for poor rep, no patrol system to manage bandits. even the mods for that, don't use lords/vassals I believe.

what would be the logical balance between recruiting and killing? In a real world scenario... killing is the obvious choice. the idea of a rep hit for killing your enemy is even a bit silly.
I imagine the actual issue would be literally recruitment, and management. in the real world, getting a 1000 man army/nation to bend the knee is game changing. in game, that army is highly replaceable. Recruits are an endless supply. And, locals swap loyalties at the drop of a hat.

Vassals can also bail on you. and take anything they own with them. I have no idea what dictates this. I've had -70+ vassals that stayed loyal, with the one +30 relation guys bail.
(and various merc companys bail randomly.)

Last edited:

Caliane

second run is a Sturgian.

i know you were running those Menvalions Tuco. Reddit is on about the Sturgian shock troops being the best t5 infantry.
They have good armor, and shield and a warrazer. so, have the added protection of the shield to get in close, and then swap to the 2h warrazer to overhead chop.

This time focus on throwing, with charm/trade.
Throwing so far has been a bit disappointing. its really rough/impossible to be primary. Its massively penalized on horse. so, you almost need to go on foot. the dropoff is both "realistic" and rough at the same time, making it useless in seiges, etc. nearly impossible to throw up castle walls. skill points in throwing have not done much to offset the "realism" to make it viable.

focusing on trade a bit more this time. I kindof know how to skill it up better/faster. the log off bug still exists and can be rough. negating dozens of skill ups.
a few things to note.

1. trade skill ups care about profits. not loss. meaning, I can buy 1000 fish for 15d across 10 cities/villages. which is average price. Then I go to city a, and sell it all, for 15D. doing so will crash the price, and it will drop from 15-9d each for every 100 I sell or so. so, I lost money doing this. ok. But, now city A will be selling that fish for 9d.. which I can buy back, and go sell to city B, and get trade skill ups for a "profit".

2. horses and other none trade goods do also follow supply and demand, but just don't show their trade rumor red/green. take manual notes for this.
made a ton of cash, and trade skill ups this run very early, when I got to amphrela and noticed the horses were, sumpter-12d,mule 90, steppe horse-57, imp charger-98, steppewarhorse-205, hunter 234, etc. so, obviously, anyone playing may notice that is insanely cheap for horses.
2 or 3 runs between Amp and makeb later, 10k denar, and +40 trade skill on like day 10.

you *might* be able to take all that trash you get from looters, sell it. then buy it, as its price drops?, and take it elsewhere as a proper sale/profit.
horses def work for this. I have not admittedly tested it for weapon/armors.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
second run is a Sturgian.

i know you were running those Menvalions Tuco. Reddit is on about the Sturgian shock troops being the best t5 infantry.
They have good armor, and shield and a warrazer. so, have the added protection of the shield to get in close, and then swap to the 2h warrazer to overhead chop.
I'd be impressed if the AI was smart enough to switch to shield until right before clashing and then switch to warrazer. Would make it clearly better than just forcing the fuckers to hold menavlions. When they had the option of sword vs menavlion they all chose sword, which is why I modded them to have 3x javelins + menavlion.

I actually tried to make another video of my menavliatons + companion cavalry when I had a fresh war with Vlandia. I wanted to see how the menavliatons would do against a huge cavalry charge. I just had my menavlions as the bulk of the force and was going to send in my 36 companions into the center of their archer / cavalry formation. The cavalry AI was ridiculous and just hung back while wave after wave of foot soldiers got chewed up by the menavlion's throwing. It was the worst fight ever and they ended up having hundreds of routed troops including 100+ cavalry.

Good thing about throwing as a skill is that if the perks worked you'd have quite a few bonuses to your throw stack. I don't know at what point throwing goes from short-range viable to mid-range, I don't know how throw speed scales with skill.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
BTW I've thought about modding the Sturgia troop tree and changing
Sturgian Druzhinnik
Sturgian Druzhinnik Champion

to not have a horse and instead have shield + throwing axe + polearm (or maybe an axe) with upgraded stats. Would be interesting, especially if they ever added the option to tell your army to unequip shields, which warband had in a mod IIRC.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What I was promised:

What I got:
Me swingingly wildly with my ridiculous long glaive destroying everything that comes near

but seriously, amazing video. I hope they align the experience with it, especially with fallback positions in sieges and siege towers.

Mod list:
  • Mods; Adonnays Troop Changer
  • Xorberax No Shoulder Cam
  • Fire Arrow Enabler
  • Enchanced Mission l Huge thanks to LiZhenhuan1019 for his mod!
  • Eastern Roman Troops
  • Dismemberment
  • Cheer Mod
  • Bear My Banner
  • Battle Size Unlocker

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
  • Enchanced Mission l Huge thanks to LiZhenhuan1019 for his mod!
What is this one? I don't see it anywhere

I haven't been able to play the game for the last few days. Anytime I try to launch it simply says it encountered a problem and closes. I deleted all mods, uninstalled the game and reinstall, still not working.

Last edited:

Caliane

What is this one? I don't see it anywhere

I haven't been able to play the game for the last few days. Anytime I try to launch it simply says it encountered a problem and closes. I deleted all mods, uninstalled the game and reinstall, still not working.

RTS Camera
(Old name: EnhancedMission, Enhanced Mission RTS Camera)
A mod for Mount&Blade Bannerlord that provides features like rts camera, controlling troops after you die, etc.

crashing. no. been working fine. 1.2 update did cause a few crashes at first, but stopped. not sure what it was. also, been getting random visual black out, a couple times since. but, no real unplayable issues.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

crashing. no. been working fine. 1.2 update did cause a few crashes at first, but stopped. not sure what it was. also, been getting random visual black out, a couple times since. but, no real unplayable issues.
So are you running 1.2 right now? Seems that any of the mods I try to load with it crashes the game.

Caliane

So are you running 1.2 right now? Seems that any of the mods I try to load with it crashes the game.
1.2.1 or whatever current live is yeah.

using Vortex.

current mods.
troop collision and siege tower and castle stairs fix 1.4
settlementicons v1.2.0
modlib 1.0.1
detailed character creation 1.1.2hotfix 2
cheermod 1.2
bannerlord tweaks 1.1.6
bannerlord banner editor enchancer v2 1.2
banner faction color enabler 1.0.1
armor does something 1.1.0a
Fixed launcher 2.0.0 (theres a new versin Ive not yet installed, also see a bunch of notes of crash issues with 2.0.0 maybe this is your problem?)
fast dialogue 2.2 (an update ive not done yet) (had to actually disable this for a second, as it messed up a quest. deliver herd or something iirc. messed up the villagers coming out to stop you.)
bearmybanner .6.1 (an update on this too.)

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So weird, you have a very similar list of addons that I do, yet the game keeps crashing at launch :(

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Ameraves Ameraves I had some issues with crashes until I noticed that several of the mods I was using were using their old name from the release branch and had created a separate release (or no release) for the beta branch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

tbh it's hard to get motivated to run a kingdom with the current lack of diplomacy, finding and recruiting lords is super tedious, which I can't blame the game for because it's just not implemented.

I might just use a mod that makes it trivial to recruit lords and create some kind of ruleset around it. I kind of want to finish my first conquest playthrough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
also I thought this was worth reposting. It's in response for someone complaining about how much rep they lose for executing a lord and how nobody gives a shit that the lord just raided their own.

"
Unsurprisingly, the answer is that none of them give a tiny shit about villagers and neither do you. If they actually cared about a few dirt farmers getting chopped, they'd stop going to war every Sunday. They'd garrison their forces permanently and act only in the interests of defense, protecting their domain from raiders. Instead? They raid.

To be a noble in Bannerlord is to swizzle up thousands and thousands of commoners and march them to their deaths, all for a chance at briefly stewarding some fief somewhere. Peasants are just a resource. Killing them is vandalism. Burning villages, just arson. All in the game nobles play with one another: the game of glory and conquest.

Until someone refuses to play the game and kills one of their fellow players. MURDERS them. Suddenly the game has real consequences, and nobody's happy about that. If one lord is willing to kill another, what's to stop you from being next? Nothing, that's what. You don't hate someone who's good at the game, you hate someone who threatens to make it not a game at all.

This is class solidarity.
"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
tbh it's hard to get motivated to run a kingdom with the current lack of diplomacy, finding and recruiting lords is super tedious, which I can't blame the game for because it's just not implemented.

I might just use a mod that makes it trivial to recruit lords and create some kind of ruleset around it. I kind of want to finish my first conquest playthrough.
going to give this a shot.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Running 1.2.1 and here are the list of mods. I can actually get in the game now and start playing, but as soon as I try to go into the Smithy it freezes and eventually crashes.

I know that Bannerlord Tweaks has a smithing component in it, but not sure anything else listed does.

1588120827912.png