Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Caliane

Running 1.2.1 and here are the list of mods. I can actually get in the game now and start playing, but as soon as I try to go into the Smithy it freezes and eventually crashes.

I know that Bannerlord Tweaks has a smithing component in it, but not sure anything else listed does.

View attachment 266083
bannerlordtweaks smithing options def has a crash associated with it. Disable "hide locked items in smelting menu" iirc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
tbh it's hard to get motivated to run a kingdom with the current lack of diplomacy, finding and recruiting lords is super tedious, which I can't blame the game for because it's just not implemented.

I stomped and released so many of them that I can recruit pretty much everyone.

It takes a bit of work but its easy if you focus on it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I stomped and released so many of them that I can recruit pretty much everyone.

It takes a bit of work but its easy if you focus on it.
I'm surprised by this since the persuasions I've tried with high relation failed.

I'd be curious to know what the equations are for recruiting lords, as in, what the impact of having high charm, high relation with a lord, the lord having a low relation with their liege etc is.

I ended up just guaranteeing success from persuasion options, but when I modded it I also output the code to print out the true success rate odds and they all seemed like they ended up around 40% despite having large ranges presented to the player.

Part of my frustration is the game's ability to help you locate or communicate with clan leaders isn't fully quite there, and they might be cloistered in an army. It's all good though, this is a super late-game feature that I'm using in an early, early-access game.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm surprised by this since the persuasions I've tried with high relation failed.

I'd be curious to know what the equations are for recruiting lords, as in, what the impact of having high charm, high relation with a lord, the lord having a low relation with their liege etc is.

I ended up just guaranteeing success from persuasion options, but when I modded it I also output the code to print out the true success rate odds and they all seemed like they ended up around 40% despite having large ranges presented to the player.

Part of my frustration is the game's ability to help you locate or communicate with clan leaders isn't fully quite there, and they might be cloistered in an army. It's all good though, this is a super late-game feature that I'm using in an early, early-access game.

I'm sure your skills are high enough so that can't be the issue.

I haven't had to savescum, I just did a few hours of "siege a town while only fending off attackers", and I get so many 79%+ chances it feels broken.

Also read somewhere that you get a bonus for trying to recruit lords whose lands you took. Supposedly the AI wants to be on the same faction as the one owning its old lands. Doesn't seem unlikely from my experience.

I haven't really looked into much details. Didn't feel the need, after being attacked by parties with 5-7 lords and being able to recruit 3-4 after every such battle. The game felt over.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I haven't really looked into much details. Didn't feel the need, after being attacked by parties with 5-7 lords and being able to recruit 3-4 after every such battle. The game felt over.
When did you recruit them?

As in, you fought 5-7 lords, defeated and released them, and then hunted down 3-4 of them?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
When did you recruit them?

As in, you fought 5-7 lords, defeated and released them, and then hunted down 3-4 of them?

No, I siege a town, wait for the big party to come in, and defeat them, releasing everyone after.

Repeat this 5-10 times and your relations will be 40+, at which point you can start recruiting.

I only siege to bait them, not with the intent of taking the town.

Caliane

yeah, my experience with recruiting made it feel like my relations were totally unrelated. id fail people with 10+ relations, and at least half of the successes were well into the negative. -70+.

yeah, the inability to talk to prisoners, or recruit captured nobles is a bit silly too.

I'd probably try this diplomacy mod tuco.
key features: enables declarewar/propse peace buttons.
adds "send a messenger" button, so you can talk to any noble at any time.

you can also just throw cash at nobles to raise relations as well. 50k+ denars will get you a few points. its indirectly why you get relation buffs, when a noble askes for payment to join you.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
yeah, my experience with recruiting made it feel like my relations were totally unrelated. id fail people with 10+ relations, and at least half of the successes were well into the negative. -70+.

yeah, the inability to talk to prisoners, or recruit captured nobles is a bit silly too.

I'd probably try this diplomacy mod tuco.
key features: enables declarewar/propse peace buttons.
adds "send a messenger" button, so you can talk to any noble at any time.

you can also just throw cash at nobles to raise relations as well. 50k+ denars will get you a few points. its indirectly why you get relation buffs, when a noble askes for payment to join you.
Nice, I'll check it out.

Cash is always an important commodity in my Warband/Bannerlord playthroughs because after I purchase the best gear for my companions I add a new item at double the price and with a few more points of damage/AC/speed/whatever, so I'm always saving up $$$ for sick gear. By the time I finish a long playthrough my companions and I are ridiculous.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No, I siege a town, wait for the big party to come in, and defeat them, releasing everyone after.

Repeat this 5-10 times and your relations will be 40+, at which point you can start recruiting.

I only siege to bait them, not with the intent of taking the town.
Yeah I've done that siege tactic too, lol.

source.gif

Have you or Caliane Caliane ever run into a lord that refuses to talk to you after you fail (or critically fail) to recruit him, even after a long time passes?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Yeah I've done that siege tactic too, lol.

source.gif

Have you or Caliane Caliane ever run into a lord that refuses to talk to you after you fail (or critically fail) to recruit him, even after a long time passes?

I haven't, but since I'm not trying to recruit specific that could play a part.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Punko Punko Caliane Caliane is it possible to ever recruit a royal house into your kingdom? Like if I execute Monchug then farm rep with his descendents, will they ever join or will they always be considered the rulers of the Khuzait? What if I wipe out their faction?

Caliane

I don't know. I see people doing it on reddit. but I think its mods allowing it.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Question, I think the answer is yes, but when I gave an army but dont want any of the troops we release do the other parties in the army take them or are they wasted? Same with prisoners

Caliane

Sturgian campaign is starting to get rough. I'm starting to think my sworn Prince Raganvad might be an idiot.
It started well enough, I had spent my early time, building up a trade empire. Finding a husband, to start a lineage.

Sturgia was in nearly constant war with Vlandia, and occasionally Battanian, as per usual. After getting a husband, and setting up a few workshops I decided to sign up, as a Vassal.
I personally, turned to patrol Battanian, and vlandia, and hit smaller solo noble parties. Raganvad did the amazing thing and made peace with vlandia. Which allowed me to actually go and visit vlandian territory to finish off speak with nobles.

2 days later, Sturgia declares war on Southern empire. I was in vlandian territory still. So Ragnavad packs up a huge army, and decides to travel south past makeb, Amprela, and Myzea all Khuzait held, to seige Syronea. I made my way over trading, etc along the way through western/northern empire territory. At some point he gave up on Syronea, and seiged Jorgurys castle instead. And... proceeded to give it to me. uh... thanks. and immediately disbanded his army and fucked off back to Sturgia, leaving me to defend Jorgurys castle deep in southern empire terrritory, alone. 100 man army vs multiple 600-1000 man armies... Also the moment I would leave the castle, to go trade with Myzea, amph, or makeb, a 100 man raiding party would hit the villages.. blew through all my influence trying to call back parties to defend. amazing after about 2 weeks of this. He makes peace..
I still have this castle in the middle of nowhere...

I return back north... rebuild my ruined army, etc.
Sturgia has declared war on Vlandia. 3.6k vs 3.7k ok. sounds good, lets take it to them!. 3 days later. Sturgia declares ware on Battanian 3.2kpower. dude... we start getting hammered. varchag is lost, taken back, omar is lost while taking back varchag, ov is lost..
I make the play. take back omar, 700 man Battanian party coming to break me, with my 300 man army. Batt my eyes... Ergeon, I know you and Caladog despise each other..
Success, break the army apart and crush the left overs. Battanian is shattered by this. By luring away Eregon, I steal Aster castle, and Dunglanys, and claim 300 men, and killed 400 others. Battanian power is down to 2400.
not one day later.. "Sturgia has declared war on Khuzait." dude. wtf.

we take back Varcheg. But lose Tyal to Khuzait. and a giant fu army immediately shows up to take it again. 700 men, vs 230 defenders. I was outside with 200, spent influence to get up to 330 or so. not nearly enough to take em. Sturgian army is def weaker then the Imperial one was. my shock troops/vets die often, and never get over 10 combined, as they die so much. archers are mostly vlandian prisoner convert xbow men, which also are not as good. very few calvary. like 5-10, and 1-4 horse archers.. I can't win 2:1 or 3:1 odds. I've gotten a few fians from battanian wars.
so, I sit there, letting them fight the miltia. waiting for the them to whittle away at each other. hopefully get that 700 down to 500 or so before I go in. amazingly, Sturgia declares peace. seige ended. oh, wow good.. but still at war with Vlandia and Khuzait at once, at opposite sides, and each equal in power to us..

dude just keeps declaring war on everyone..

pc itself, throwing has been a huge disappointment. seems cool when you get one shot in tourneys, bandit raids... but in practice, its kindof shit. aim is awful. you need to judge the arc like crazy. and then, the throw will go wide all the time, not on target. esp on horse, where it never locks in. so you need to basically be within 10ft to hit a target reliably. may as well just use a polearm. even then, I swear many times my throws go right through targets.
Might be slightly better when perks are fixed. I tried the community patch, but it gave me errors.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sturgian campaign is starting to get rough. I'm starting to think my sworn Prince Raganvad might be an idiot.
Haha yeah. The lieges are rampant AF. There's no coherence to the peace/war strategy, it's just declare war over and over.

Caliane

yesterday.
after the previous, and now at peace with Battanian, but still at war with vlandia, and Khuzait.
so, i head over into battanian territory to rebuild, recruit and maybe push some vlandian stuff.. shortly, aster castle is under attack. 600 man party, to my 120.. I spend some influence and pull in some people within 1 day. and I wait, hoping to let the 600 man party take some losses vs the 250 defenders in the keep. as even after calling in others, Im only at 350 or so.
They actually break off for some reason, as I sat there. we dance around a bit... Sturgria has declared war on the southern empire. ffs. Catalid eventually goes back after the castle. I manage to call in another couple parties spending more influence. and now 600 v 450 we can do this, it was over 200 recruits/peasants in that army.. but still very costly. im down to 200 men, across all 6 parties. my castle in southern empire territory is under attack.. f it. I can't possibly get there to save it. so lets head north and hit Nevyansk Castle. up to 280 by the time I get there, with wounded troops coming back. my cohesion is falling apart though, and I can't afford to boost it.
I get the seige up. a 790 man army shows up, just as I get the seige ladder/ram up. I go in.. take the castle. 4 of my parties bail immediately as my cohesion is done. down to 150 men. I dive into the castle.
spend all my influence to give myself priority on ownership. I get it! yeah. Sturgia declares war on Battania. come the fuck on dude. Also that 790 party is not dissuaded by the castles walls.. immediately sieges. I parley. succeed the persuasion check to join Sturgia! but he wants everything I own, +30% more I dont have... fuck. ok, how about paying you off to leave me alone. sweet. 100k. done. I leave the castle to go rebuild. I get one village over. 790 man army immediately seiges my castle again. wtf. that shit is retarded. would he have not attacked if I stayed in the castle? or is it only you have a non-aggression pact for 10 days, but they dont?

so now, Im broke. down to 50k, no influence, 15 inf, and we are at war with khuzait, southern empire, battanian, and vlandia all at the same time. and none of them at war with anyone else either. Nevyasnk was lost. I think I do actually still have jorgys.
I def don't see much of a way to save Sturgia. at war with 4 nations at once. (short of modding the cost of propose peace to be much cheaper. ha.)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
yesterday.
after the previous, and now at peace with Battanian, but still at war with vlandia, and Khuzait.
so, i head over into battanian territory to rebuild, recruit and maybe push some vlandian stuff.. shortly, aster castle is under attack. 600 man party, to my 120.. I spend some influence and pull in some people within 1 day. and I wait, hoping to let the 600 man party take some losses vs the 250 defenders in the keep. as even after calling in others, Im only at 350 or so.
They actually break off for some reason, as I sat there. we dance around a bit... Sturgria has declared war on the southern empire. ffs. Catalid eventually goes back after the castle. I manage to call in another couple parties spending more influence. and now 600 v 450 we can do this, it was over 200 recruits/peasants in that army.. but still very costly. im down to 200 men, across all 6 parties. my castle in southern empire territory is under attack.. f it. I can't possibly get there to save it. so lets head north and hit Nevyansk Castle. up to 280 by the time I get there, with wounded troops coming back. my cohesion is falling apart though, and I can't afford to boost it.
I get the seige up. a 790 man army shows up, just as I get the seige ladder/ram up. I go in.. take the castle. 4 of my parties bail immediately as my cohesion is done. down to 150 men. I dive into the castle.
spend all my influence to give myself priority on ownership. I get it! yeah. Sturgia declares war on Battania. come the fuck on dude. Also that 790 party is not dissuaded by the castles walls.. immediately sieges. I parley. succeed the persuasion check to join Sturgia! but he wants everything I own, +30% more I dont have... fuck. ok, how about paying you off to leave me alone. sweet. 100k. done. I leave the castle to go rebuild. I get one village over. 790 man army immediately seiges my castle again. wtf. that shit is retarded. would he have not attacked if I stayed in the castle? or is it only you have a non-aggression pact for 10 days, but they dont?

so now, Im broke. down to 50k, no influence, 15 inf, and we are at war with khuzait, southern empire, battanian, and vlandia all at the same time. and none of them at war with anyone else either. Nevyasnk was lost. I think I do actually still have jorgys.
I def don't see much of a way to save Sturgia. at war with 4 nations at once. (short of modding the cost of propose peace to be much cheaper. ha.)
One thing to keep in mind is that yours isn't the only retarded liege. I'm trying to wrap up a war with the Khuzait who I helped take over half the map before I started my kingdom and I just wiped out a 2700 man doomstack they sent at my heartland. I'm trying to lower the peace price and despite their army getting riggity rekt and losing a few settlements they just declared war on the Aserai.

I think the variance is pretty high though and probably drives a lot of the map takeover. A liege that rolls high on war will pick a bunch of fights and get wiped out, but the liege who rolls low and has a high level army will steamroll whatever they do go to war with.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
One thing that's kind of missing from the game is huge sieges where an army will get rallied to help defend a city. This is a byproduct of troops getting "locked out" of a city during a siege which makes sense. I hope they add a way for NPC lords to quickly run to defend an area when it's being threatened.