Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

iannis

Musty Nester

Horsies and castles and incomprehensible jousting mechanics!

Games broken as shit, but will no doubt be fun. Maybe modders will finish their mods this time. Even the half finished ones were pretty entertaining.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Horsies and castles and incomprehensible jousting mechanics!

Games broken as shit, but will no doubt be fun. Maybe modders will finish their mods this time. Even the half finished ones were pretty entertaining.
The modding community for Warband was pretty amazing, lots of finished and ambitious mods, many more unfinished but playable ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
There were some complete rework fantasy mods. I couldn't play them myself. The personal combat made no sense to me, and those superhard mods hinged on it at least in the early stages. I remember that I tried to learn how to do it. It just didn't make any sense at all.

I had no idea where the hitboxes were. I get the idea of arrowdrop and mounted archery being ultimate twitch. That's fine, it's great even. But foot combat didn't make sense either. Swings and blocks... it was all incomprehensible to me. So I had to play the game where you composed your force and let the AI steamroll each other.

I know some people did understand it because you could watch youtubes of people just wrecking shit in personal combat. It never clicked with me, it felt semi-random. I could -not- get the knack of it.

But I do suspect that was a personal inability to gitgud rather than a limitation of the engine.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There were some complete rework fantasy mods. I couldn't play them myself. The personal combat made no sense to me, and those superhard mods hinged on it at least in the early stages. I remember that I tried to learn how to do it. It just didn't make any sense at all.

I had no idea where the hitboxes were. I get the idea of arrowdrop and mounted archery being ultimate twitch. That's fine, it's great even. But foot combat didn't make sense either. Swings and blocks... it was all incomprehensible to me. So I had to play the game where you composed your force and let the AI steamroll each other.

I know some people did understand it because you could watch youtubes of people just wrecking shit in personal combat. It never clicked with me, it felt semi-random. I could -not- get the knack of it.

But I do suspect that was a personal inability to gitgud rather than a limitation of the engine.
There's quite a bit of depth to it. I prefer the mounted combat which is higher speed (as in, translational speed rather than timing). The melee combat can also be heavily dumbed down by setting your swing direction to enemy location instead of mouse movement, which I prefer to play on since I don't like associating camera movement with swing direction. I wish they had some kind of support for controlling your swing/block direction by keypress, but when that was proposed everyone said it'd trivialize the game. /shrug

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The super hard fantasy mods were the best! Loved getting head shot by an off screen high elf archer.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Tuco, how is this? You in closed beta?

Steam says March for early access, which is kinda lame since it's been 10 fuckin years and only EA???

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco, how is this? You in closed beta?

Steam says March for early access, which is kinda lame since it's been 10 fuckin years and only EA???
It's multiplayer only right now so I haven't even installed it.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Since it is kind of a small community, I didn't think it deserved it's own thread, but if anyone would like sort of a M&B fix, have a look at this. Feels a lot like a M&B kind of game but in a modern military civil war setting. It still feels a little EAish but I got a lot of time out of it on my first playthrough.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've had it on my wishlist for ages if it ever goes under $5 but the reviews always made it seem like it wasn't good and that development was stopped

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Reviews are currently 82%/86%. I think $25 is a little high for it but I think it is a decent pickup at $10-$15. It looks to me like they're still actively developing; there have been a couple of releases since I purchased it.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

NPCs forming a blob like that is a bit special.

Knowing the M&B engine, there is no way you could be in that blob and swing a weapon, you'd just hit one of the guys around you before your strike is even halfway ..

Doesn't inspire confidence.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
That looks like shit.

Its going to look much better from the perspective of my god of war, or naked legolas on a horse.

At the start of the battle the NPCs are a small distance apart, it shouldn't be too hard to add that to combat AI, and disable it for the units that can shield-lock.

I only need 6-8 more beers before singing praise, it would have a tone of despair though.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Speaking of M&B, I was just looking into some new mods and I've noticed some sort of weird glare/fog effect. Anyone have any idea what I could adjust? When I turn gamma *down* the snowy areas saturate white and when I turn it *up* the snow is okay but everything else is too bright. There is also a fog effect.

Had to delete all mods and reinstall. Fixed it.

20200211134134_1.jpg

20200211134646_1.jpg

20200211134134_1.jpg

20200211134618_1.jpg

Last edited: