Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Waiting a week or so for reviews. Can't ever trust Early Access, even on a game I've been anticipating for years...

*edit: and I need to stop watching streams or I'm gonna buy it immediately, lol

Caliane

if you decide to buy.
GMG

10% off default. 17% off if you have a GMG account. And an additional "VIP" code for another 11% off.
49.99 -13.15. 36.84 price. 26% off.

6 days for VIP code.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Waiting a week or so for reviews. Can't ever trust Early Access, even on a game I've been anticipating for years...

*edit: and I need to stop watching streams or I'm gonna buy it immediately, lol

I didn't look away soon enough, was going to wait then watching streams this morning and gave in and bought it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I bought it, it's fun and more polished than Warband. Bottom line so far is if you enjoyed the first you'll enjoy the second. My biggest gripe is I crash a LOT. Like a little bit more than once per hour so far.

Edit:
Crashed for a fourth time in the past like 30 minutes now. Every time I attempt to interact with another force on the campaign map I promptly crash during the loading screen.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm horrible at it so far. Sword and board I'm okay at. Put it on realistic diff from the start might take me a bit to develop some proficiency in sword play. Haven't played Warband in many years.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So I made a horse archer with 57 starting bow skill, and solo kited the 3 starter bands while my "army" watched.

AI still great.

That being said, its more of the same with better gfx so far, so I'm enthusiast.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So for those too busy (Lazy) to look up the premise, what's the TL;DR on the gaming loop? Looks like an overworld for conquest and then you go into battles it's a third parson action RPG to take over land areas. Pretty much sums it up?

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So for those too busy (Lazy) to look up the premise, what's the TL;DR on the gaming loop? Looks like an overworld for conquest and then you go into battles it's a third parson action RPG to take over land areas. Pretty much sums it up?
It kinda reminds me of a graphically updated Kenshi, with the ability to control combat a bit, instead of just "watching" or relying on RNG. It's more on the FPS side of things, whereas Kenshi was more on the RTS side of things.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yes. With squad or army-based combat.

I've played through a bunch of playthroughs on Warband, sometimes I'll play it straight and do the overworld without cheats, other times I'll cheat and remove the fog of war and teleport around so I can just jump from one battle to another. It removes half the game but the overworld gets pretty boring and the most exciting battles are the ones that are evenly matched which can be hard to find.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
There is a separate animation for when people get shot in the crotch.

Unsure why its ea, this is AAA+

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I wish I could load directly from combat so I didn't have to exit to the main menu to reload my save every time I get wrecked in battle.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Never played Warband, are there different campaigns for different factions? Wanna watch a stream before I buy but also don't wanna get spoiled.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I wish I could load directly from combat so I didn't have to exit to the main menu to reload my save every time I get wrecked in battle.

If you want to go strong, roll a horse archer, don't recruit troops.

You can easily kite 5 person looter gangs, 3 person raider gangs, and this will get you enough gold to do whatever you want.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Just had my first 150+ vs 150+ fight. Felt pretty good. Game really captures the chaos of a big battle

Zaide

TLP Idealist
error string.png

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Mouse wheel is default to change weapons. I did find out I can equip an additional quiver which helps.

Also not sure what I'm suppose to do with prisoners.