Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Caliane

Mouse wheel is default to change weapons. I did find out I can equip an additional quiver which helps.

Also not sure what I'm suppose to do with prisoners.
figured it out. mouse wheel UP is bow. mouse wheel down is shield. so rolling down, didnt cycle at all.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Mouse wheel is default to change weapons. I did find out I can equip an additional quiver which helps.

In a city go to the tavern district and you can sell them. Otherwise you can recruit them after they've been with you a while.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
How does this game compare to say Total War Warhammer 2? I haven't ever played M&B. Seems intriguing enough.

Anyone quick cliff note?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
How does this game compare to say Total War Warhammer 2? I haven't ever played M&B. Seems intriguing enough.

Anyone quick cliff note?

It's super different, even in mass combat you primarily control one person and issue commands where you can to your unit.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I got hooked on arena tournaments, just did basically a world tour and gained over 120 renown from doing so many. Also gained 20k and a bunch of pretty good items in the process. 10/10 would fight in the arena again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
I usually do several tournaments as my start-up in a new game to get some cash to buy gear with as well.

Friend pointed out the release an hour ago or so so I'm about to fire this up now. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

hideout mechanics are kindof lame.

ok, I have an army of 56 people.
bandits have a hideout with 4 groups of 7.

So whats the plan? run them down like dogs, via horsemen and archers? nah. we sneak in with 8 random people from the army, and attack them 8 v 28.
Also, if we do manage to kill them and get to the boss, we walk up to them face to face, and enter directly into melee combat, with a bunch of archers.

The hell is this bullshit?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

prisoners can be ransomed in taverns, pretty sure at higher social skill you can recruit them

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I got hooked on arena tournaments, just did basically a world tour and gained over 120 renown from doing so many. Also gained 20k and a bunch of pretty good items in the process. 10/10 would fight in the arena again.
Doing the same thing. The tournaments in Bannerlord are pretty generous to players. A lot of mods will start you off with a 2h axe against a bunch of archers :|

The betting is bullshit though. I'm some dude fresh off the farm going against some knights 1v1 and I get +1000 odds on my bets (Bet 300, win 30)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Have been looking into this. I saw what you guys said to Ut...but in terms of the game, is it set up like an RPG where the goal is just to get the biggest army? Or is it a campaign/story based thing?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
There is a campaign in this one but it's quite sandboxey. It's generally an RPG + medieval combat sim I guess.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have been looking into this. I saw what you guys said to Ut...but in terms of the game, is it set up like an RPG where the goal is just to get the biggest army? Or is it a campaign/story based thing?

There's also rpg elements with your main guy through leveling, skills, gear, etc.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I saw someone asked how to access the codex or whatever. It appears to be the N key while on campaign map. Only way to find nobles for this folly quest.

Also apparently if you press R during character creation you can play as a baby. Given the hitboxes it’s probably like playing Oddjob in Goldeneye.