Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1.5.6 is up.

1.5.6 is a pretty big one as noted.

and 1.5.7 beta.

Clan and Party

• The Child Education feature has been implemented.
    • Players can now educate their clan's children through their early life. There are six different education stages. These stages will trigger at the age of 2, 5, 8, 11, 14 and 16. Each stage will present different options that improve the child's skills and attributes. Stages are accessible via the right side circle notifications.
  • Kingdoms and Diplomacy
    • There were too many war & peace declarations and average war duration was short. The war durations are now a bit longer.
    • Factions which lost territories were usually requiring high tributes to establish peace or were declaring new wars while already being in one. Weakened kingdoms are now not that aggressive.
    • Relations between lords now also affect their target selections. If a player has a good relation with a lord, that lord will be less likely to initiate hostile actions against the player’s settlements (it’s still possible). This mechanic applies to AI heroes as well, not just the player.
    • Having cavalry troops within the party provides a speed bonus. The maximum speed bonus achieved through that has been reduced to 40% from 60%. The effect of this bonus caused the Khuzait faction to snowball due to the Khuzait parties having a higher cavalry to infantry/ranged ratio in comparison to other factions. This change will help reduce that snowballing.
  • The Castellan Office project now gives 10-20-30% wage reduction for garrisoned troops.
lots of other fixes of course.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
1.5.6 is up.

1.5.6 is a pretty big one as noted.

and 1.5.7 beta.

Clan and Party

• The Child Education feature has been implemented.
    • Players can now educate their clan's children through their early life. There are six different education stages. These stages will trigger at the age of 2, 5, 8, 11, 14 and 16. Each stage will present different options that improve the child's skills and attributes. Stages are accessible via the right side circle notifications.
  • Kingdoms and Diplomacy
    • There were too many war & peace declarations and average war duration was short. The war durations are now a bit longer.
    • Factions which lost territories were usually requiring high tributes to establish peace or were declaring new wars while already being in one. Weakened kingdoms are now not that aggressive.
    • Relations between lords now also affect their target selections. If a player has a good relation with a lord, that lord will be less likely to initiate hostile actions against the player’s settlements (it’s still possible). This mechanic applies to AI heroes as well, not just the player.
    • Having cavalry troops within the party provides a speed bonus. The maximum speed bonus achieved through that has been reduced to 40% from 60%. The effect of this bonus caused the Khuzait faction to snowball due to the Khuzait parties having a higher cavalry to infantry/ranged ratio in comparison to other factions. This change will help reduce that snowballing.
  • The Castellan Office project now gives 10-20-30% wage reduction for garrisoned troops.
lots of other fixes of course.

Unplayable, as far as I am concerned, until they fix the map stuttering and the UI latency. Those guys are clowns.

Caliane

1.5.7 stable is up. lots of small changes/fix. no real major feature.

1.5.8 beta.

important stuff:
Animations
  • Added three cheering animation variations. Different cheering animations will now play depending on the result of the battle.
  • Barbers no longer carry weapons.
Battles and Sieges
  • Added Pillaging: Players and AI can now choose to 'Devastate', 'Pillage' or 'Show Mercy' to settlements that have been successfully sieged.
    • 'Devastate' and 'Pillage' can damage the prosperity and projects of a settlement, as well as, diminish the power of notables in towns. Naturally, the previous settlement owner won’t be too happy about the destruction of their former home. However, the participants of the siege will see their coffers and party morale rise. Still, lords and ladies may or may not approve of the action depending on their traits.
    • 'Show Mercy' allows the winners to take over the settlement without causing too much harm to it or its inhabitants. While this is expected for settlements of one’s own faction culture, showing mercy to foreign settlements will cause unrest among the troops. Just as with the other choices, some nobles will approve or disapprove of the action.
Economy and Trade
  • Changed the outcome from slaughtering horses from 4 meat and 2 hides to 3 meat.

(still too much for the cheap horses)

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Bandits are spawning a little more aggressively.

1612895685527.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Anyone tried The Long Night - Game of Thrones mod? I played one of Warband that was pretty fun a few years ago but not seeing as many recommendations for Bannerlord. I haven't played Bannerlord in a few months now while some things were needing to be fixed.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Anyone tried The Long Night - Game of Thrones mod? I played one of Warband that was pretty fun a few years ago but not seeing as many recommendations for Bannerlord. I haven't played Bannerlord in a few months now while some things were needing to be fixed.

The problem at the moment is that updates break a lot of the interfaces the mods are using so they have to release updates at the same rate just to keep things working. I would imagine it is difficult to maintain anything other than the simplest of mods right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Interesting drama between modders and TaleWorlds. They seem to be bitching about a few things:

1) Lack of communication.
2) Lack of documentation.
3) Unnecessary of const values for data that mods might want to change.
4) Unnecessary use of the internal inhibiting access of classes by modders.

The last two items seem like things TW could change without much effort and it would really empower the modders to fix shit. I think Tuco Tuco is more of a C# guy than me and has looked at their code so maybe he can comment.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Interesting drama between modders and TaleWorlds. They seem to be bitching about a few things:

1) Lack of communication.
2) Lack of documentation.
3) Unnecessary of const values for data that mods might want to change.
4) Unnecessary use of the internal inhibiting access of classes by modders.

The last two items seem like things TW could change without much effort and it would really empower the modders to fix shit. I think Tuco Tuco is more of a C# guy than me and has looked at their code so maybe he can comment.

I'm waiting for either the full release or a big overhaul mod to come out in early-access before playing this, so I'm personally invested in TW having a clean modding integration. But reading that thread all I can think is "Yeah that sounds right.".

Bannerlord/Warband is almost like a game created by modders: generally glacially paced with massive gaps in progress and weird prioritization. They took so damn long to release Bannerlord that you know their dev process is not streamlined.

Caliane

odd one here.

No. 1.5.10 mainline.

instead. 1.5.10 beta has updated to 1.6 beta.

Due to outstanding issues with e1.5.10, we have decided to not move it to the live branch just yet. However, we wanted to go ahead and share the new content in e1.6.0 with you all and collect your feedback nevertheless. The live branch will be updated as soon as the issues with e1.5.10 have been resolved. Thank you for your understanding!

Big change to character culture effects.

troops get exp from discarded items via perk is interesting.

can "fulfill crafting orders in smithing for gold rep, and cash" cuase smithing did need to be buffed. (it does suggest crafting random item exp is nerfed greatly)

some neat stuff. but, not sure why they went with .6, instead of 1.5.11. doesn't seem like that big of an update. thought 1.6 would be the new map system.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I apparently hurt some fee fees on the forums by telling them the truth about their project management skills. What a bunch of bleeding vaginas.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I apparently hurt some fee fees on the forums by telling them the truth about their project management skills. What a bunch of bleeding vaginas.
Anyone who makes the choice to roll up TaleWorlds forums, a company that took 40 years to release Bannerlord, to give advice on project management skills probably has nothing useful to say about it.

brb, going to give some life coaching to a homeless person and hope he doesn't bite me and give me rabies.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I'm hoping that they will tar and feather the dipshit running the show and someone with a spoonful of competence will somehow end up taking over.

Caliane

nah. founded by 2.. and the original only had the couple for a while. but its a studio now.

still small I think. 15-20. something like that.

idk. ive seen bigger clusterfucks of management.
Look at starbound, or wolcen. constantly trashing working design, to restart an entirely new system, that doesn't mesh with the old.

This is constant progress. just, seems like the priorities in on odd things. Like, the focus on every town being unique and fully mapped. cool as hell.. but so ambitious, and theres basically not even a reason to go into towns..

in house dev, and live dev are very different beasts too. When your game is live, you kindof need to get all the base pieces working, so players are having a full game loop. then add pieces on top. while in house, you don't HAVE to do that as much. the game loop can be broken for a while.
This is something Conan Exiles fucked up. it went live, and the game wasn't really that fun to play. combat was busted, etc. pve not being complete, pvp not being complete, buliding not being complete, wouldn't have meant as much, if the core gameplay was fun, during EA.

Here, I don't know why Diplomacy has not gotten more attention, to make the endgame more complete. relying on the mods? or, settlement icons. ffs, they bit by bit added settlement icons into the base game over like 10 patchs... mirroring what the modder did in probably 30 minutes.

Last edited: